Macross Frontier Episode 9 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 9 Rating  

207 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate episode 9?

• Positive (Michael and Klan put an arrow my heart..awwwwww)
    • No Opinion/Neutral
    • Negative (I can shoot better than that womanizer)

I am starting to think Brera isn't a Galaxy pilot. The symbol on the building during the meeting was nearly identical to the one on the nose of Purple-1.

That's because they are aboard the Frontier, and that is the Frontier insignia.

Because the NUNS are sick of SMS missing church on sundays. :lol:

I am with Graham. Where is the VF-171 love?! At least M7 showed massive amount of VF-11s buying the farm, Frontier gotta at least feature the 171 in Battroid form duking it out with Vajras before being wiped out. Am I right, Graham? ;)

Here you are

post-6533-1212106568_thumb.jpgpost-6533-1212106579_thumb.jpg

Another good episode; nice mix of action and character development.

Anyone have any theories on the green alien that was following Ranka around last episode?

Personally, I think it, as well as the alien embryos in the hatchery, are immature/early stage Vajra. There has to be some significance to the green guys appearance last episode, and the quick cuts between it and the hatchery this episode.

:unsure:

Anyone think this is a possibility? Or has this already been discussed and dismissed?

Oh, totally forgot,

the flashbacks with Michel's sister show NUNS in existence going back around 10 years, atleast.

Now we are getting some answers, so NUNS would seems to go back to just a couple years after the Varuta War.... very close to the events of VF-X2 indeed (which was 2050).

oh really?>_> dam, well thanks for the reply:D much apeciated, is there a ETA on when its out? like 3 hours or something

Do not ask when an episode will be aired or released (this includes fansubs).

Read the FIRST POST.

Please remember to use spoiler tags as well for the first 12 hours. THIS INCLUDES PEOPLE WHOM ENGLISH ISN'T THEIR NATIVE LANGUAGE.

This episode really gives you the feeling that the Galaxy wants the Vajra technology for themselves.

Yes but why destroy what could be assumed to be Vajra eggs then. Unless they already harvested from that batch and this was a clean up mission. Something still doesn't sit right because Brera has had ample chance to kill. First is Alto where he simply flee more then likely having a clear bead. Then the second with Klien Klan who could have easily been killed but was instead disabled from further combat.

This episode really gives you the feeling that the Galaxy wants the Vajra technology for themselves.

I have the feeling the Vajira are a Galaxy experiment gone bad

... but only time will tell

On a side note, I'd like some insights on this thing:

where the hell were Ozma and Luca while Alto and the others were fighting the VF27????

Edited by Nexx Stalker

Oh, totally forgot,

the flashbacks with Michel's sister show NUNS in existence going back around 10 years, atleast.

Now we are getting some answers, so NUNS would seems to go back to just a couple years after the Varuta War.... very close to the events of VF-X2 indeed (which was 2050).

the flashback whith Klan is around ten years, but the Friendly Fire incident date is only four year earlier, according to the grave of Michel`s sister

This one is for Graham ;)

yeah, finally in battroid mode.

however... how many years ago was that? took so long for VF-171 to become a mainline fighter only in 2058!?

Nanase art class ^_^

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/8620/snap...30081729yb0.jpg

Nice eyecatch! KK fans must be very happy this ep... :p

http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/6835/sn...30082602dq4.jpg

Funny to see Nene hide behind Klan Klan during the Alto x Michel fight... and oh man... Alto sucks real bad at fighting!

Vajra "hive" is a captured ship?

http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/3954/sn...30082045sj7.jpg

New insert song for Ranka (in the background during her "debut promotion")

"ねこ日記"

Edited by Shun

the flashback whith Klan is around ten years, but the Friendly Fire incident date is only four year earlier, according to the grave of Michel`s sister

But he's like... 7 years old in the flashbacks. That totally makes no sense.

:unsure:

Funny to see Nene hide behind Klan Klan during the Alto x Michel fight... and oh man... Alto sucks real bad at fighting!

Yea, well I always took Nene as the Luca type of the Pixies, not very aggressive or offensive type, more defensive and recon. Very sweet, in other words.

^_^

Edited by MisaForever

Yea, well I always took Nene as the Luca type of the Pixies, not very aggressive or offensive type, more defensive and recon. Very sweet, in other words. ^_^

She also called her "big sister" so most likely she is the youngest like Luka

[

Edited by darkrealmbahamut

The way that things are playing out really lends it self to civil war. I didn't notice which computer was hacked though by Grace.

Grace got the Frontier network (backbone?) password back in the episode where Sheryl and Alto were trapped in the emergency hatch.

apparently, it was Cathy who gave her the password so grace could access the network, but dear Cathy forgot to change the password afterwards. muddleheaded just as described. :ph34r:

True but it still doesn't explain why Brera still didn't make the kills. He simply disable Klien Klan before moving on to the others.

Oh, our Japanese speakers tell us her was ordered not to.

alto blow off one of his legs, so why when he transform to plane, there are still two engine. did anyone see that.

The VF-27 has four engines. One on each wing and one on each leg. When Brera transformed back to fighter mode, he was using the wing engines to leave the battlefield. The VF-27 was still missing the leg that was destroyed even when he changed to fighter mode.

Yea, well I always took Nene as the Luca type of the Pixies, not very aggressive or offensive type, more defensive and recon. Very sweet, in other words. ^_^

Luca is totally Nene (Romanova). A wiz with computers but useless in combat. I have no idea what Frontier Nene is good for.

Luca is totally Nene (Romanova). A wiz with computers but useless in combat. I have no idea what Frontier Nene is good for.

Hush you, every character has a purpose. :) They aren't all supposed to be GUNG HO, that would be boring. :p

Grace got the Frontier network (backbone?) password back in the episode where Sheryl and Alto were trapped in the emergency hatch.

apparently, it was Cathy who gave her the password so grace could access the network, but dear Cathy forgot to change the password afterwards. muddleheaded just as described. :ph34r:

I had forgotten about that and that is a good point. Talk about bonehead moves.

Edited by darkrealmbahamut

Oh, totally forgot,

Jessica's death was in 2055 so we know for *sure* NUNS in its current incarnation has been around for at least then. (Birth was in 2032; not an expert with the Macross timeline, but was the old incarnation of UN Spacey around back then? If so, then the re-vamp of NUNS happened sometime in between then.

Also, I was re-watching MacrossII the other day (was bored) and noticed that they referenced NUNS in some of the background art. I know it's an alternate timeline, but has it always been called NUNS in the main series, but never really referenced as such? Or is it just one of those strange coincidences?

Edited by sdf2501