Macross Frontier music

I'll be honest folks. I've been caught singing a few Frontier songs during my commute to work.

I can't help but belt out Sheryl's MOTEKE or TONDEKE's. How about you guys?

I'll be honest folks. I've been caught singing a few Frontier songs during my commute to work.

I can't help but belt out Sheryl's MOTEKE or TONDEKE's. How about you guys?

I'm humming Aimo during shower, and my wife wants me to stop it :rolleyes:

I like Sheryl... and Ranka... and am glad new material is coming out, but when it comes to score CDs, history tells us the fans end up getting burned.

Though in my long OST experience, I've found Japanese ones to be a lot more complete compared to some film scores out there. Though I agree that whenever songs are involved, BGM takes a back seat. Since it is Kanno's work, it should be a matter of time.

Your thread is awesome, by the way. This talk has actually opened me back up to F music. I may even listen to the whole song collection now (minus Sheryl Aimo, once was enough).

Until then, I assume Frontier is being released in 5.1. Surely some music might be salvagable from the rear channels if they followed usual mixing procedures.

I did find myself doing the "kira" pose in the car today. Mostly to bewilder a friend.

Nine-hundred and Ninety-nine happy (well, mostly) posts here. But there's room for a thousand....^_^

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

Though in my long OST experience, I've found Japanese ones to be a lot more complete compared to some film scores out there. Though I agree that whenever songs are involved, BGM takes a back seat. Since it is Kanno's work, it should be a matter of time.

Your thread is awesome, by the way. This talk has actually opened me back up to F music. I may even listen to the whole song collection now (minus Sheryl Aimo, once was enough).

Until then, I assume Frontier is being released in 5.1. Surely some music might be salvagable from the rear channels if they followed usual mixing procedures.

I did find myself doing the "kira" pose in the car today. Mostly to bewilder a friend.

Nine-hundred and Ninety-nine happy (well, mostly) posts here. But there's room for a thousand....^_^

Strangely enough the DVDs are in 2.0 Dolby Digital Stereo

I also hoped they were in 5.1 but no.

As for the Blu-Ray Linear PCM Stereo track, i have no idea if anything can be done from them.

I've had limited success in removing most vocals from the cues i riped from the raws i have by removing the center frequencies. But this removes a lot more than just the vocals and leaves the tracks very uneven. And the sound FX are still ther. Because of that, i actually prefer to ear them with voices and all.

Until someone with better skills than me comes along, they'll have to do. OR until they release a BGM compilation :lol: That would hit the spot.

Strangely enough the DVDs are in 2.0 Dolby Digital Stereo

I also hoped they were in 5.1 but no.

As for the Blu-Ray Linear PCM Stereo track, i have no idea if anything can be done from them.

I've had limited success in removing most vocals from the cues i riped from the raws i have by removing the center frequencies. But this removes a lot more than just the vocals and leaves the tracks very uneven. And the sound FX are still ther. Because of that, i actually prefer to ear them with voices and all.

Until someone with better skills than me comes along, they'll have to do. OR until they release a BGM compilation :lol: That would hit the spot.

A BGM compilation needs to happen. While I have many love for the vocal goodness in Frontier, this is Yoko Kanno BGM's we're talking about. Enough said, it needs to happen :ph34r:

Edited by VF-25 Messiah

A BGM compilation needs to happen. While I have many love for the vocal goodness in Frontier, this is Yoko Kanno BGM's we're talking about. Enough said, it needs to happen :ph34r:

Totally agreed. Specially considering that the unreleased music would fit in 2 CDs. Lets hope that with the movie coming out this year, the people in charge step up to the plate and give us some more Macross F BGM goodness.

I have just completed my post with the episode by episode rundown of the music of Macross Frontier.

Any info you guys may want that isn't there, feel free to ask. Any mistakes you find and want to point out or changes you might want to suggest will be welcomed.

I'll be fine-tuning some stuff over the next few days. I'll post a list of all the songs, published or unreleased, with info of the episodes they were used. This will be posted as an image file, since it will serve as a summary of sorts, of the info already posted.

Hope the topic can be of use and that you enjoy it :D .