Macross Frontier music

i mentioned this in the ep9 thread but thought i'd post it here too.

New insert song for Ranka (in the background during her "debut promotion")

"ねこ日記"

its not in the OST list... is it in Ranka Lee's singles?

seems like we're almost getting 1 new song each ep... interesting :)

EDIT: Typo... >.<

And we've getting a new single each month...I wonder how long that'll keep up.

Thanks, mike! Once again, great site!

Make sure CDJapan is shelling out for some of your hosting costs. I'm sure they've sold a bunch of YK discs because of it.

^_^

We'll know for sure when the CDs are released... I don't get anything until they are shipped :p I'm not the only Yoko Kanno website that lost bandwidth because of Macross Frontier. That should be a good testament to the popularity of the anime and its music.

By the way, if anyone wants the leaks to Welcome to my Fanclub's Night, Neko Nikki, Nyan Nyan CM Ranka Version and Aimo~Tori no Hito, PM me. They're in bad quality though, but better than none I suppose.

But perhaps you don't want them, well, you see, there's only a few more days to wait until the OST 1 is released! I suppose the experience is going to be different if you listen to the leaks first, because the quality is terrible. I sure wished I heard Welcome to my Fanclub's night in high quality first. :c

Edited by mike_s_6

I've listened to Welcome to my Fan Club's Night! about 10 times now, and I noticed, some of the samples in the song is rehashed from Sousei no Aquarion's theme song. The bubbly twinkling thing. (Of course you guys know the Sousei no Aquarion theme right?! A-I-SHI-TE-RU!!!)

I've listened to Welcome to my Fan Club's Night! about 10 times now, and I noticed, some of the samples in the song is rehashed from Sousei no Aquarion's theme song. The bubbly twinkling thing. (Of course you guys know the Sousei no Aquarion theme right?! A-I-SHI-TE-RU!!!)

Listened to it about 5 times on your website, waiting for your PM so I can get an mp3 ;) Anyway yeah some of the samples are rehashed from the amazing Aquarion OP but it works well, really well.

Hmm ranking the Sheryl songs on the OST..

Don't Be Late

Diamond Crevesse

Welcome to My Fan Club's Night!

Infinity

What bout my star.

And I really like what bout my star...

Also the new version of Aimo imo is much better than the original from that sample, finally a great Ranka song that isn't a cover of Minmei or Sheryl!

Edited by Westlo

I keep reading that the songs are all leaked but I have yet to see any proof of ACTUAL GOOD QUALITY MP3's of ALL of them. :D I've found a few but not all.

You mean you can't wait for a little less than 48 more hours...?

Yes, I can. :p And I shall.

Not that we have much choice, of course... :lol:

I'm actually a little surprised that a good quality version hasn't been leaked yet. Usually there's one by the Saturday before the release date.

Oh well...just means we have less time to get sick of it before the Ranka single comes out at the end of June...and before the Ranka/Sheryl single in August...and whatever they have planned for September (I'm still hoping for Luca singing a cover of "Santi-U").

Not that we have much choice, of course... :lol:

I'm actually a little surprised that a good quality version hasn't been leaked yet. Usually there's one by the Saturday before the release date.

Oh well...just means we have less time to get sick of it before the Ranka single comes out at the end of June...and before the Ranka/Sheryl single in August...and whatever they have planned for September (I'm still hoping for Luca singing a cover of "Santi-U").

:lol: Well I just hope whoever does RIP the soundtrack will rip it DECENTLY and not at some crappy bitrate like 192 or something :p 320 is best.

I'll take FLAC, please.

FLAC would be best...if I could play it on my iPod. As such, if they only come out with one rip, I'd like it to be 320kbps.

If there are two or more, then I'll be annoyed if one of them isn't FLAC...

of course, I'll be buying the silly thing the next time I go to Kinokuniya...so I'll get my 320 either way...

Edited by Gubaba

I have a high quality version of Infinity for two days now. But I'm refraining from listening to it. And two other songs (WBMS Formo and another one, which I forgot because I stopped myself from listening). I suppose everyone can wait for the full OST awesomeness.

Wow, Welcome to My Fanclub's Night is definitely the most epic sounding song of Sheryl right now!

Also, someone may have already noticed, but Aimo ~ Tori no Hito gives off this Escaflowne vibe.

Edited by d3v

Wow, Welcome to My Fanclub's Night is definitely the most epic sounding song of Sheryl right now!

Also, someone may have already noticed, but Aimo ~ Tori no Hito gives off this Escaflowne vibe.

*grits teeth and clenches fists* I...can...wait...until...Tuesday...I...can...wait...until...Tuesday...Must...res

ist...urge...to...Google...

Finally, someone who agrees with me on the Welcome song. I was o__O when I first heard it. Its name sounds cheap, but it turns out like that! Can't wait to have that on HQ. I thought Aimo~Tori no Hito was more like Arjuna in vibe. That's definitely a good thing.

Finally, someone who agrees with me on the Welcome song. I was o__O when I first heard it. Its name sounds cheap, but it turns out like that! Can't wait to have that on HQ. I thought Aimo~Tori no Hito was more like Arjuna in vibe. That's definitely a good thing.

The last thing I expected to hear on Welcome was that awesome intro with the strings.

Dunno about Arjuna as I haven't been able to follow the series (despite Animax showing it a few years back).

中島愛 May'n /「ライオン」(Lion)

价格:1155日元

编号:VTCL-35033

发售日:2008年8月6日

曲目:

1.ライオン(Lion 狮子座)

歌:中島愛、シェリル ノーム starring May'n

※Macross Frontier 二期 OP

2.ノーザンクロス(Northern Cross 天鹅座)

歌:シェリル ノーム starring May'n

※Macross Frontier 二期 ED

new CD/songs for 2nd part of Macross F. not sure if this is rumors.

中島愛 May'n /「ライオン」(Lion)

价格:1155日元

编号:VTCL-35033

发售日:2008年8月6日

曲目:

1.ライオン(Lion 狮子座)

歌:中島愛、シェリル ノーム starring May'n

※Macross Frontier 二期 OP

2.ノーザンクロス(Northern Cross 天鹅座)

歌:シェリル ノーム starring May'n

※Macross Frontier 二期 ED

new CD/songs for 2nd part of Macross F. not sure if this is rumors.

Interesting...Seems very Gundam-ish to change the opening and ending after just thirteen (or so) episodes...

Interesting...Seems very Gundam-ish to change the opening and ending after just thirteen (or so) episodes...

I think this is a pretty nice idea (marketing aside). Hopefully, a series develops over time. I'm all for a change in opening theme if it reflects the change in the story/characterization in the show.

I think this is a pretty nice idea (marketing aside). Hopefully, a series develops over time. I'm all for a change in opening theme if it reflects the change in the story/characterization in the show.

And both previous Macross TV series did seem to have twelve-to-fourteen episodes per story arc, so yeah, it could fit.

I've listened to some short samples of the bgm, and here's what I've heard so far:

Big Boys - The Pirates inspired bgm.

The Target - The BGM that plays when our lead characters are winning in a fight.

Take Off - Alto flies in his ex-gear.

TALLY HO! - Can't recall where this was played but it sounds awesome.

Private Army - SMS bgm, usually played when they are in the base, or when Ozuma is around. Yes, this is the flamenco one. Yes, I love this.

EDIT:

Vital Force - Dang, my memory of the music sucks, this could be one of the intro sequence bgm. Sorry.

Still waiting to get a lead on the other bgms. I hope Bajura is the bgm where the enemies attack.

Edited by mike_s_6

Anyone know if the Zentraedi enka song will ever make it to a soundtrack?

Perhaps on the 2nd OST! :) It should get in one of the OSTs, they even posted about it in the Macross F website... As for the case of Kanno OSTs, vocal songs usually get published (unless it's Gabriela singing).

Edited by mike_s_6

My favorites so far are "9 PM @ Don't be late", Infinity (loved this one!) and Diamond Crevasse in close third.

So far, I'm not too fond of Ranka's songs (the very few we've briefly heard), not even Aimo, with its heavy Voices-like sound and feeling.

After a lot of listening in the last 24 hours I think the last two leaked songs are the best from both artists so far. Welcome to my fan club is seriously amazing and epic sounding.. would've made an incredible op and I love the chorus. Aimo~Tori no Hito is just great, easily my fav Ranka Lee song thus far, the part from 1:43 onwards is just classic Kanno.

If there are two or more, then I'll be annoyed if one of them isn't FLAC...

There was like 10 differnet groups who did Diamond Crevesse/Don't Be Late so I don't think you have much to worry about lol. I'm sure LonE will have their flac encodes up first or near the first anyway.

Is there a download store for these songs/OST?

I noticed that Gabriela at a link to Amazon,but I haven't found the Macross Frntier OST there.

Download store? None that I know of... you're not a fan of packaging? :lol: Or is it faster to get OSTs by download?