Macross Frontier Episode 8 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 8 rating  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Episode 8 Rating

• Positive (Sheryl's panties! tee hee)
    • No Opinion/Neutral
    • Negative (Sheryl's panties and Ranka's "magical bump" are REAL turnoffs)

The opening narration was just talking about

protoculture information, so it might not be relating to Vajra, but I think AFOS and Vajra could have relation

Wait... no one else names their machines? That isn't normal....? ;)

You need to watch this episode again, because you couldn't be more wrong. Cell count is low, but art quality is high. As I said before, this may be the best the character art has looked yet.

Totally disagree, but eh, I don't have time to argue at the moment.

Oh and the song at the start... ergh. I knew there was a reason why I hated that veggie.

And

AFOS? What's that stand for again? I got the translation for the opening sequence done already. =x

Edited by Shouta

i heard samson

yeah its probably gonna be an english name following the trend of his other 'toys'. :lol:

Wait... no one else names their machines? That isn't normal....? ;)

dont worry, its ok. its normal. :ph34r:

what's the name of your computer? and TV? :p

on hindsight: OMG... we do name our computers :blink:

Edited by Shun

I was expecting a big let down after last week, but even watching the raw and not understanding half the dialog, I had a really great time with this one. Good episode. Hope this doesn't devolve into another animation quality bitchfest ...

The nod to Zero in the opening was a nice touch.

The shower scene was a little much on the fan service, but I'm not complaining. :D Nice excuse to give a closeup of that VF-1A on the roof of the school, anyway. And Nanase is (ahem) ... particularly well built. It reminds me of an old gf of mine that disliked anime because of what she called "bullet boobs". I'm sure she'd love this. ;) Yowza.

The eyecatch was awesome. I actually laughed out loud.

I'm liking Sheryl more and more. I'm assuming she's enrolling in school at the end here, which is straining credulity a little ... curious to see how this is going to go.

Sorry, but Ranka in the carot outfit was a little annoying. Very glad when that scene ended. Ranka needs to fire her agent.

So any guesses as to how Brera and Ranka connected? Relatives maybe? Vajra sleeper agents of some kind? Maybe just a creepy emo kid with a harmonica and a thing for underage girls? Ware rori konda?

I'm liking Sheryl more and more. I'm assuming she's enrolling in school at the end here, which is straining credulity a little ... curious to see how this is going to go.

Sorry, but Ranka in the carot outfit was a little annoying. Very glad when that scene ended. Ranka needs to fire her agent.

She's rich, homeless and can do whatever she wants atm and enrolling allows her to be closer to Alto. As for Ranka's manager.. yeah he's hopeless.. Sheryl should introduce her to Grace...

and seems like Luca likes to give names to his machines... Samsung??!

Luca has to seriously stop naming his machines...They seem to suffer great harm...

on hindsight: OMG... we do name our computers

Only because it helps in functionality... <_<

She's rich, homeless and can do whatever she wants atm and enrolling allows her to be closer to Alto. As for Ranka's manager.. yeah he's hopeless.. Sheryl should introduce her to Grace...

This is just a guess, but from what I've seen of her personality so far, she's not one to do anything half-heartedly. The egg scene fits in with that as well. So while her interest in Alto may have influenced her decision in part, I think her specific choice of piloting classes comes from her willful refusal to be mediocre at anything. Which is good; I'll be looking forward to seeing how she handles this new challenge.

She actually did.. but ranka refuses her offer later

The manager also got her a small bit in a variety show, but Leon pulled some strings to scuttle her.

As for the shot with Sheryl in leather, she called Alto her Slave-kun so Luca gets the mental S&M image. :lol: Sheryl also transfers into the pilot course.

Just watched the episode. I really liked it, especially the last half. Loving the

closeups on the VF-1, the level of detail reminded me of the art on the covers of the Hasegawa model kits (not sure of the artist).

I know a lot of people are complainging about the art this episode. It does seem different from the usual style but I think I like how some of the characters look with this style a lot better than the usual. Cathy especially comes to mind. Others just look weird (Ranka, I'm lookin' at you).

Edited by Raptor One

I was expecting a big let down after last week, but even watching the raw and not understanding half the dialog, I had a really great time with this one. Good episode. Hope this doesn't devolve into another animation quality bitchfest ...

T

So any guesses as to how Brera and Ranka connected? Relatives maybe? Vajra sleeper agents of some kind? Maybe just a creepy emo kid with a harmonica and a thing for underage girls? Ware rori konda?

We have a thread to complain about animation ^_^ Anyway, the background scene is gorgeous, the ocean scene toward the end is spectacular.

Ranka in carrot suit singing carrot song, I can hear Kou Uraki screaming in UC.

Brera has the same color as Ranka, relatives?

Did she explain why in a monologue later?

She just wants to do it on her own. Nanase gets a little indignant at the offer and complains a little about how Sheryl just came to the school and usurped Alto. Sheryl teases her about how she probably likes Alto and has nice body.

:lol:

I guess Sheryl's never done her own laundry either...

Edited by ackem

I had a lot of fun with this episode, even though it was pretty much just comic relief after last week's mecha-pr0n marathon, it might seem meaningless but IMO this is the first straight up "funny" episode we get, which adds to the mix. I enjoyed the change of pace.

Agreed because they always put it right before the episode you really really want to watch.

Unlike Gundam, Macross only makes recaps episodes if their run gets extended. M7 never had a recap ep. SDFM only had one cuz they got an extension as they were producing the show.

She just wants to do it on her own. Nanase gets a little indignant at the offer and complains a little about how Sheryl just came to the school and usurped Alto. Sheryl teases her about how she probably likes Alto and has nice body.

:lol:

I guess Sheryl's never done her own laundry either...

Haha Sheryl verbally smacked down Nanase. I can see why Ranka wants to do it on her own but heck a Sheryl cover got her signed in the first place and I still think Sheryl will play the key role in Ranka becoming a star. I wouldn't be surprised if the episode 10 thing is at the insistence of Sheryl.

Sigh I saw this coming 5 episodes ago and called it in many threads.

Of course everybody will end up going to school together. Eventually Brera will be a transfer student too I'm thinking.

BTW, the next week looks like the high quality animation team is back. Yahooooo!

Edited by ComicKaze

Unlike Gundam, Macross only makes recaps episodes if their run gets extended. M7 never had a recap ep. SDFM only had one cuz they got an extension as they were producing the show.

A lot of recaps are made due to production falling behind, though if we do get a recap episode I hope it's like the recaps for RahXephon and Code Geass and isn't included in the official episode count. Of course another thing I hope we avoid if we get a recap is the Code Geass episode 24 and 25 situation...

Sigh I saw this coming 5 episodes ago and called it in many threads.

Of course everybody will end up going to school together.

You're the next Nostradamus, the first info for the series had it set in a high school!

Edited by Westlo

The character art in this episode is about as good as I've seen it in this series. There definitely is a budget crunched Evangelion feel to this episode, though, lots of still shots, or moving shots over backgrounds.

Yep, I did notice a lot of that going on. too bad.

Taksraven

The episode while not as cool as the prior one, was quite funny. I have only seen the raw but from what I saw its basically a filler episode. However fun episodes are nice every now and then. As for the squirrel thing, it reminds of carbunkle and is awesome. Ranka should name it foamy.

The episode while not as cool as the prior one, was quite funny. I have only seen the raw but from what I saw its basically a filler episode. However fun episodes are nice every now and then. As for the squirrel thing, it reminds of carbunkle and is awesome. Ranka should name it foamy.

hey, it reminds me of Carbunkle too!! :D

during the earlier episodes, some people in other boards were jokingly saying that Ranka had the power to summon creatures (vajra)... now she gets another! :lol:

ニンジーン loves you yeah! ^_^

Oooh, now I get it. Spoilers, don't highlight unless you want to spoil yourself about the key information presented in this episode.

I guess Leon knows more than he admits to and Cathy is in on it. He mentions the battle footage of the V-Type to worry about. The V-type might be our red machine but I'm not quite sure yet. When he's watching footage, he asks if anymore has leaked out. It would seem our mysterious pilot, Sterne might be a UN Spacy goon on Frontier. =o

Edited by Shouta