Is Westworld a mini-series? Don't know how much they drag out of an amusement park that malfunctions.

Well, it's 4 block-busters an counting for Jurassic Park...

The new series is being produced by Legendary TV, with Matt Sazama and Burk Sharpless, the screenwriting team behind the films "Dracula Untold" and "Last Witch Hunter" writing the new series.

Is that supposed to inspire confidence?... :unsure:

I gotta admit those writing credits have me a little bit worried. It is a Lost in Space remake though, how much worse than The Great Vegetable Rebellion can it get?

Sir, I readily concede the point. After I wrote my comment I had a thought along the same line: the original has got to be the campiest, silliest TV space romp ever broadcast, so to fail to meet even that low bar would be a feat in and of itself. Then again, never underestimate the possibility of even something as patently bullet proof as Lost in Space to have any adaptation/reboot/re-imagining be utterly ruined -- the Flash Gordon Series comes to mind.

Sir, I readily concede the point. After I wrote my comment I had a thought along the same line: the original has got to be the campiest, silliest TV space romp ever broadcast, so to fail to meet even that low bar would be a feat in and of itself. Then again, never underestimate the possibility of even something as patently bullet proof as Lost in Space to have any adaptation/reboot/re-imagining be utterly ruined -- the Flash Gordon Series comes to mind.

Ugh, that Flash Gordon series was trash (IMHO). It took me all of 5 minutes of watching one episode to never go back to it again.

I loved watching the original Lost in Space in syndication as a kid, it was dumb, the effects were bad, everything was bad. But it was campy and as a 8-10 year old it was fun. It should be pretty hard to mess up a remake, and I have some faith in Netflix to produce a quality, to half-way decent show based on what they've produced thus far, but I've been let down before.

For now - cautious optimism.

-b.

Ugh, that Flash Gordon series was trash (IMHO). It took me all of 5 minutes of watching one episode to never go back to it again.

I loved watching the original Lost in Space in syndication as a kid, it was dumb, the effects were bad, everything was bad. But it was campy and as a 8-10 year old it was fun. It should be pretty hard to mess up a remake, and I have some faith in Netflix to produce a quality, to half-way decent show based on what they've produced thus far, but I've been let down before.

For now - cautious optimism.

-b.

If you did not see the "Birdmen" from that show you owe it to yourself to look again, 5 seconds ought to do it. I mean, speaking of trash...

As for Lost in Space, it gave us one of my favorite MST3K lines "This is like cheap versions of the Lost in Space sets"

I'm surprised no one's brought up the 1998 Lost in Space film with William Hurt and Gary Oldman. The TV reboot just needs to be slightly better than that film (and have someone as hot as Heather Graham) to be somewhat watchable.

yeah that was pretty bad eh.. -_-:lol:

• 3 weeks later...

LOL....guess we are now back to making the Russians the bad guys....but at least that's believable in a movie set in the midst of the Cold War....

if they had kept it in WWII they could've scored Brad Pit... he seems to love making tons of money beating up Nazis nowadays...

the fact it's being "produced" by Blake Griffin and several other millionaire athletes gives me even more reason to hurl...

• 2 weeks later...

So we are getting a remake of a remake? Few people have ever seen the original Scarface.

Who is going to be the poor schmuck who is going to step into Tony Montana's shoes? I pity ham.

The eighties scarface is pretty dated now, it is a reflection of the time. The new one might not be good but if they are smart they will stay away from a remake of the eighties version and take it in a different direction. Basing the new one on the current immigrant influx would be a political nightmare however...

Remaking Scarface is a no-win situation. It has enjoyed cult status for so long that no film, no matter how well written, directed or acted will do the original (or I guess 80's version?) justice in the eyes of fans.

I'd happily be wrong if the movie is a box office and critical success - but I wouldn't place a bet on it.

-b.

Every once in a while the movie going audience surprises me positively in their avoidance of blatantly uninspired, unnecessary and unwanted remakes/reboots/re-imaginings of classic movies that were as near-perfect as one could ask for... my faith in humanity has consequently been slightly elevated.

• 3 weeks later...

Toxic Avenger is getting a remake! Going to be more grounded in reality (Boo! Hiss!)

http://www.blastr.com/2016-9-13/toxic-avenger-getting-live-action-remake-sausage-party-co-director

[Heinous Sarcasm]Just what I always wanted, a Chris Nolan-esque toxic avenger...[/Heinous Sarcasm]

Edited by slide

• 2 months later...