They could use the music from the Buster Crabbe serials...

I would like to see FG redone, or maybe even Buck Rogers - the old TV show wasn't exactly good but it wasn't total trash (ok, some of it certainly was, second season worst of all) but it did have Erin Grey who would have been a great choice to play Misa...

That "Smell Bad". Times have changed and I doubt they will be able to get anywhere near the charm of the original but a remake of it does not seem too offensive - other than David Bowie just dying - even that I give a little bit of a pass on since I heard rumors of this before he died.

How they will do the music for a new one is the real question - it is like Flash Gordon without Queen music.

That "Smell Bad"

How they will do the music for a new one is the real question - it is like Flash Gordon without Queen music.

The bad smell will be the Bog of Eternal Stench, probably where this reboot will go.

But as long as they don't go and use a boy band to do the music.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is an abomination against cinema.

--snip--

I think you're being far too kind. This is the Hollywood equivalent of braking into a sanctum and desecrating it by using the reliquary as a latrine...

Edited by mechaninac

Watching that Ben-Hur trailer made me think of this. Not the entire clip but the parts on Prince of Persia, Exodus and Gods of Egypt.

Behold Jack Houston's (Ben Hur) bio from IMDB:

"The 6th Marquess's mother, Jack's great-grandmother Sybil Sassoon, was of Ashkenazi Jewish and Iraqi Jewish-Indian Jewish descent, and through her, Jack is a descendant of David Sassoon, the treasurer of Baghdad between 1817 and 1829, and of Mayer Amschel Rothschild, who founded the Rothschild banking dynasty."

Case closed :)

Edited by electric indigo

Etan Cohen is writing and directing a remake of The Cannonball Run. Why? I have no idea.

The weirdness never stops in Hollywood.

Burt Reynolds will probably have a cameo and they will probably get Menudo to reform to sing the title song too.

Seriously, dude?

Just saying.

B00bs or GTFO!

Just kidding, I think Daisy would be outstanding in the role. I'm just hoping she doesn't (1) become Hollywood's latest "it" girl and get tossed in every big budget trash that gets produced or (2) decide to only do obscure art house films, a nice balanced career would be ideal (IMO).

-b.

She's absolutely perfect. Back when Tomb Raider was a thing before Angelina Jolie ruined it all for us, I was hoping for Catherine Zeta-Jones to play Lara Croft.

I think she's a poor choice for original Laura, but then again original Laura was kind of terrible. Daisy is reboot Laura to a T and that's great because the reboot Tomb Raider games are amazing.