The frakk... :wacko:

Pretty much my initial reaction...and good luck getting someone as hot as Kate B. to look as good in the tight leather outfit. :p

Is it just me, or is the timespan between original and reboot getting shorter and shorter?

Nope, not just you. It's craziness.

-b.

Edited by Kanedas Bike

Next up, Paul Anderson will reboot the god awful Resident Evil movie franchise, and it will be just as terrible as before.

After the first one I was just rooting for the zombies, all the way through.

• 5 weeks later...

The new Inspector Gadget song sucks - pity since I really liked the original.

Ugh, I feel like a grouch old dude, but I hated everything that clip showed, including the opening song.

That said and incredibly off-topic I'd love a toy of the original Gadget-mobile (or however many needed for the car, truck, etc.).

-b.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I haven't seen Stuckmann so pissed at a film since last year's Movie 43. Now we just have to wait for Jeremy Jahns to dogshit it.

I still don't know who these people are or why I should give a crap what they think about movies.

I still don't know who these people are or why I should give a crap what they think about movies.

I have not cared what any one person thought about movies since Siskel and Ebert (either of those I care, even when I did not agree with them I liked the reasons they gave for their opinion). This latest group of "edgy" reviews, no thanks.

• 5 weeks later...

This remake has been in planning for the past five years. While having Gennedy Tartakovsky (Dexter's Laboratory, Samurai Jack) as director may give it hope, it's written by two guys who did The Smurfs 1-2.

Speaking of The Smurfs, Sony's rebooting the film franchise next year. No surprise there.

Edited by areaseven

This remake has been in planning for the past five years. While having Gennedy Tartakovsky (Dexter's Laboratory, Samurai Jack) as director may give it hope, it's written by two guys who did The Smurfs 1-2.

Speaking of The Smurfs, Sony's rebooting the film franchise next year. No surprise there.

At least this time its not gonna be a cartoon live action mix.

It is hard to think of Popeye as a remake and even if it is the last big screen Popeye was so bad a restart (Can't call it a reboot either) would be a good idea. That Popeye movie with Robin Williams was such a let down - he NAILED the role of Popeye and most of the others were spot on as well but that plot just plodded along to nowhere.

• 3 weeks later...

WHY???

Even thought the original is still scary the trailer for the new film is decent and I expect the film to make a lot of money.

On a side note my parent's were friends of the parents of the actress that played the teen daughter in the film. They were shocked when they heard the news she was murdered.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001161/?ref_=tt_cl_t4

• 1 month later...

WHY???

I'm actually ok with this one, the trailer looks solid and it has been long enough that hte story could use a refresh. for a modern audience that might not be familiar with the story.

Wait what? With a drone? I can still see the basic storyline working, but then make it a whole new movie, or a some kind of indirect sequel.
Edited by Knight26

• 2 months later...