P3 and Japanese Blu-Ray

Heron

By the way you ment PS3 right :) I play japanese games on it as well as Blurays fine, thats why I preordered the Macross F and Macross Zero blurays :)

Excellent! and yup, meant PS3... ^_^

I thought Japan was region region 2

I had to hack my parents dvd player and made it region zero/ :ph34r: it will play anything and it does

so you say U.S PS3 can play Jap dvds & Blu rays

but can it play PS2 jap games aswell or just ps3 japs

beacuse I want to play yakuza 2 on ps2

yakuza 3 ps3

Gundam A.C looks cool to

midnight wangan

initital d

and Macross DYRL on ps2 is spouse to be a good :lol: I saw footage

these are like greatest hits and are around $30 shipped on ebay

I want to know beacuse I want a Ps3 with metal gear 4 is $600

it would be an investment to get a ps3 that can play Blu rays and dvds in hd & ps2games

PS3 games are supposed to be region free but are up to the discretion of the game companies.

I cannot stress that enough. I've seen a couple general Asian release PS3 owners claim on boards that they have had issues with Japanese and US release games but I cannot say whether that is a fact.

skull_leader, The Macross PS2 game is worth importing if you are really into games in general and Macross. It's a good game even if you're not really into Macross IMO. Much smoother and overall better game play than the old VF-X games.

I don't know if this is allowed but is there any good mods/cracks for PS2 region-coding on PS3? I don't see why they even left them I mean who's going to lose money or numbers importing games from a previous generation? I'm wanting to replace my slowing-decaying PS2 totally.

• 3 weeks later...
I hope there's a Macross Frontier game (whether it be PS3 or 360) in the works somewhere, by Sega AM2 :)

Yeah that would be nice for a good PS3 game.

I am also hoping for VF-X3. Everything from VF-0 and SV-51 through VF-1A/J/S/X, VF4, VF11B/C, VF17, YF-19, YF-21, VF-19A/F/S, VF-22, and VF-25. They could throw in the Varauta, Protodevlin, Zentraedi (at least the Regult, Glaug, Gnerl, Nos-Ger and Q-Rau), Meltran, and Destroids.

16-32 player online multiplayer, please.