A promotion?

Ever since I joined the forum, I have always wondered about the basis for classifying members as Deck scrubbed, pipe holders and so forth and so on...

For eons, I have been a mere deck swabber or engine cleaner or whatever my menial task was called - now I see I get to hang out with Shammy :)

However - I'm still wondering: are these designations assigned based on post count?

And what do the little blue squares mean?

VFTF1

However - I'm still wondering: are these designations assigned based on post count?

And what do the little blue squares mean?

VFTF1

Yep....at 2500 posts I was able to attend the Sharon Apple concert but I do not know what the blue boxes mean.

:ph34r:

IIRC one of the members came up with the names. Anyone got a complete list?

Some members even get specialized names. I had one once....but i had no idea what the hell it meant and would not mind a cool one....perhaps..."The Macross World Ninja"....yeah that would be an AWESOME one!

Some members even get specialized names. I had one once....but i had no idea what the hell it meant and would not mind a cool one....perhaps..."The Macross World Ninja"....yeah that would be an AWESOME one!

"Most Daily Posts Nominee" would suit you. :lol:

"Most Daily Posts Nominee" would suit you. :lol:

:lol: Do I really post more per day than most everyone else? I'm only at like 11.8 posts per day.

But I don't want to attend the Sharon Apple concert. I don't like her music - it's just as equally stail as the cynical woman who provides her "heart"... albeit I have sympathy for Myung and she does sing beautifully at the end...

Still - I would love it if my little thingy said "Ranka Fanclub Fan #5!" - right after Alto :)

VFTF1

But I don't want to attend the Sharon Apple concert. I don't like her music - it's just as equally stail as the cynical woman who provides her "heart"... albeit I have sympathy for Myung and she does sing beautifully at the end...

Still - I would love it if my little thingy said "Ranka Fanclub Fan #5!" - right after Alto :)

VFTF1

Don't worry....with the amount of "you" that you put in your posts you will surely receive your own personal title before you reach 2500 posts. ;)

For those who wonder, the custom member titles are traditionally handed out by the staff to people who say really, really stupid things. You generally do not get a custom member title you want. You can say "I want the member title 'Macross World's Cool Dude" and we won't give it to you... but if we see you say something like "yeah, shemales rock" in a thread we'll label you "Shemale Rocker!".

In other words a custom member title is indicative that the staff are paying extra attention to everything you type, looking for some way to make you look like an idiot. :p

As for the default board member titles, they are legion... and they change based on your post count. When exactly they change is a matter of speculation (and part of the whole "mystery of the board").

It's fun to have fun.

For those who wonder, the custom member titles are traditionally handed out by the staff to people who say really, really stupid things. You generally do not get a custom member title you want. You can say "I want the member title 'Macross World's Cool Dude" and we won't give it to you... but if we see you say something like "yeah, shemales rock" in a thread we'll label you "Shemale Rocker!".

In other words a custom member title is indicative that the staff are paying extra attention to everything you type, looking for some way to make you look like an idiot. :p

As for the default board member titles, they are legion... and they change based on your post count. When exactly they change is a matter of speculation (and part of the whole "mystery of the board").

It's fun to have fun.

The one I remember most was "Don't listen to me," or something of that nature...but "Please Bang Anus please!" is pretty unforgettable, too...

Speaking of whom, I think "Official Doorknob Handler" should be a title.

Good! I NEVER say anything stooopid so I guess I won't be a victim of the custom title nazi's. ^_^

Good! I NEVER say anything stooopid so I guess I won't be a victim of the custom title nazi's. ^_^

Yeah.....me either :wacko:

Everyone in this thread is just asking for new titles:

VFTF1 = Opinionless Angst-bot

Misa Forever = Klan Klan Clan-bot

misterryno = Most-Post-Weiner-bot

Dante74 = Clean-bot

Miryia = Bjork-bot

jsARCHLIGHT = (already) Branded for life

Gubaba = Nanase's-Boobs-bot

>EXO< = Scapegoat-bot

macrossman = Ballchinian-bot

Everyone in this thread is just asking for new titles:

VFTF1 = Opinionless Angst-bot

Misa Forever = Klan Klan Clan-bot

misterryno = Most-Post-Weiner-bot

Dante74 = Clean-bot

Miryia = Bjork-bot

jsARCHLIGHT = (already) Branded for life

Gubaba = Nanase's-Boobs-bot

>EXO< = Scapegoat-bot

macrossman = Ballchinian-bot

:lol::lol: GREAT NAMES!!! Bjork :lol:

Franks and beans! Franks and beans!!!

:lol:

OO

OOOooooooo.....that hurts just thinkin about it :blink: !

Is there actually a full list of the default MW titles somewhere?

There actually isn't. The staff member who created the titles long ago thought it was "fun" to leave them and what post counts are needed to achieve them a mystery and the rest of the staff went along with it. It is kind of fun in a sense, not knowing when you'll "level up" to the next title. Plus it helps weed out a lot of the "throwaway posting" that people would do to gain that next "title rank".

For what it's worth I've seen the title list and all I'll let on is that there are two "titles" for each "rank", they are based on logical incremental post count and the staff member who made them set some of them pretty darn high. Needless to say, you would have actively participate on this site for years to achieve the highest title and to my knowledge no one has achieved it yet.

Ok, I'll bite, post count wise, how high do they go?

Into the quintuple digits. There is only one member on the site remotely close to the "top rank" and he already has a custom title, so he'll never truly achieve the highest title.

As for the calamity in this thread, it should go without saying that you won't receive a custom title saying stupid things in a thread about custom titles. B)) Stick around a while. Contribute to the site. Become a highly noticed member. You'll eventually get a custom title if you impress the right people... or piss them off.

(Just so people know I myself am not in the habit of giving them out)

Is "Minmay's Panties" an actual level or did Graham get a custom one? I would say that is pretty high. Misa's G-Spot would be higher or Milia's Cl!t. Of course "Source of Protoculture" would be high but I would prefer to be in Milia's Cl!t

Ooooooookay this is getting out of hand.

Suffice it to say for future generations:

- there are many member title levels

- you get them by post count, the more you post and contribute to the site the higher title you'll receive in time

- custom titles are few and far between and generally handed out in rare occasions.

- asking for custom titles is usually not the way to get them

- contribute to the site and over time you and your posts will get noticed and someone will give you a custom member title