Best Battle Scenes compilation disk

EXO

I had an idea of having a DVD with the best Macross battle scenes in one DVD and looping it on a projector at the MWCon. But then I thought it'd be even better if we gave away copies of the DVD at the MWCon. I asked Solscud007 if he can put together such disk and he agreed. But I'm wondering if there's enough to fill up a whole DVD or if there's to much... then which ones do we include or exclude?

I feel like the Max and Miria battle from DYRL and Guld and Isamu's from M Plus are shoe ins... but which others should be on the top of the list?

Thanks ahead...

macrossplus1ha7.jpg

I had an idea of having a DVD with the best Macross battle scenes in one DVD and looping it on a projector at the MWCon. But then I thought it'd be even better if we gave away copies of the DVD at the MWCon. I asked Solscud007 if he can put together such disk and he agreed. But I'm wondering if there's enough to fill up a whole DVD or if there's to much... then which ones do we include or exclude?

I feel like the Max and Miria battle from DYRL and Guld and Isamu's from M Plus are shoe ins... but which others should be on the top of the list?

Thanks ahead...

Great idea!

I think that there is enough in all of the macross world to fill up 3 or 4 hours of battle scenes alone (a guess). I was recently thinking of making a compliation of all the valk shots and battle scenes in frontier just to look at those beauties.

Edited by miriya

SDF Macross Episode 27 - the whole battle lol

Intro of Macross Plus OVA 1. VF-11's vs ANTI UN

SDF Macross Episode 36. Kamujin's ship ramming onto the Macross

Macross 7 Episode 44. Operation Stargazer

Macross Plus The Movie: Guld vs Ghost

Macross Zero OVA 3: DD Ivanov's squadron attacking the ASUKA battlegroup / SHIN vs NORA

Macross Zero OVA 1: US Navy F-14's vs Anti UN Mig-29's

Macross Frontier Ep 1 DECULTURE: Sherly Concert/VF-171 take off

SDF Macross Episode 35. Christmas battle. Milia vs Lap Lumiz

Macross 7 Episode 48? or 49?: Battle 7 gets destroyed

here are some ideas

Man, too many to name!

But yeah, maybe you should separate the series/ovas.

DYRL? can't go past Max and Millia, then Hikaru's tunnel run.

TV Max and Millia's first meeting, plus the game battle straight after. Last battle is great and all but it drags on too long

and is patchy, maybe we can edit with effects on those patchy type battles and join them together? It's all about action right?

Mac Plus - edit out the Myung scenes with Sharon at the end. Pretty much a whole feature length could be made of all

Plus's scenes/battles/training sorties.

Mac Zero? Much easier.

Add in there Mac II !!

All the others same applies like the previous. Too many good juicy battles to name. :D

I guess we don't want to add too much story to this action DVD that's all.... editing is a must!

Oh yeah i'll buy one for sure.

Guld's final battle with the Ghost (movie ending) should be the last, as it's the best.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

WHY ARE YOU HAVING A CON IN CALIFORNIA??!!! THOSE OF US IN THE EAST NEED MACROSS LOVE TOO. :(

What are you talking about... The Con in California WAS MADE for people from the East Coast!

I think it might be better to break it down to the top 2 or 3 battles per series in the franchise, and have people vote on that. Here's my picks:

SDFM:

-The whole damn episode of Ep. 27

-Max vs. Miria, their first encounter

-The ground combat scenes & Roy's rescue of Hikaru and Minmay, episode 2

DYRL:

-The inital battle of Skull squadron

-Max vs. Miria, duh

-The finale battle!

Macross Plus:

-Isamu's skirmish in his VF-11, episode 1

-Isamu vs. Guld, episode 2

-Isamu vs. Guld, episode 4

Macross 7:

-The first use of the SES to repel Gigil's first appearance, episode 27

-Operation Stargazer, episode 45

-Deathmatch over Lux, episode 26

Macross Zero:

-Shin's F-14 vs. mysterious flying robots, episode 1

-Roy's grand entrance in his VF-0, episode 1

-The climatic dogfights in episode 5

Macross II:

-The whole battle in the second half of episode 5

-And that's it, really...

Any video game scenes we're missing?

Macross M3 Opening with the Max & Millia VF-4 / VF-5000 blasting through battlepods. Not as big a fan of the Variable Glaug, VF-14, VF-9 versus the bugs. Short, but yet another reason why I love the VF-4.

Might I also add from Macross Frontier Alto's Initiation fight set to Ranka's "My Boyfriend's a Pilot" Some people thought the contrail heart was kinda hokey, but I thought the scene overall was some nice fast-paced mecha pr0n.

Edited by Vinnie

and needs to not have a Top Gun song playing in the background!

Ummmmmm.....heeeelllllllloooooo......TOP GUN AND ALL THE MUSIC FROM IT IS THE $HIT!!! ^_^

:ph34r:

Alto saving Ranka from Macross Frontier intercut with Hikaru saving Minmei from either SDFM or DYRL.

Also, I want a "Full Armor Missile Massacre" montage with various valks in full armor firing missiles.

Make sure you guys put up a BT link for those of us on the OTHER side of the Pacific Ocean!

Must include the Mac II scene where Hibiki fights the Marduk with the metal Siren! Crazy action.

And great idea EXO! Wish I could be there!

Edited by Neova

Isamu in VF-11B taking out 6-7 of the renegade powered armour in the opening fight of Mac Plus ep 1. Best fight scene ever IMO.

Graham

Agreed. That and Guld's last fight.

IF you need to up your Macross 7 component, Ep 26 with the appearance of VF-11 Full Armor and Kinryu's last fight is pretty good too.

Make sure you guys put up a BT link for those of us on the OTHER side of the Pacific Ocean!

Must include the Mac II scene where Hibiki fights the Marduk with the metal Siren! Crazy action.

And great idea EXO! Wish I could be there!

You mean Nexx, Hibiki never touched the Metal Siren ^_^

Another request, Daedalus Attack, scene where Macross 13 firing its BFG to the UNS fleet.

Let's not forget Basara vs Komilia. Hikaru in the GBP vs the Cyclops recon during the Miss Macross contest.

You mean Emilia.

I don't think they've ever shown an adult Komilia ever in an anime, except maybe in pictures.

Edited by d3v

You could also include some of the cut scenes from the A.C.E. (Another Century's Episode) games, VF-X, VF-X2. They're readily available on YouTube, but the quality can be spotty. Maybe people who have the games can donate some clips.

Oh and you have to include some of the SD opening to SDF Macross for sure. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...