Should paid comissioned customs be allowed to be entered in the Macros

Should paid comissioned customs be allowed to be entered in the Macrossworld Customs Contest?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Should paid comissioned customs be allowed to be entered in the Macrossworld Customs Contest?

• Yes
    • No

As the con is approaching and more details about the events are being revealed, this question has always been a topic of discussion. What do you guys think?

I voted no.

My reason = If the person that did the custom (Example - Kurt) makes the custom for himself then yes it can be entered. If the person made that custom for someone else and that person enters it then No.

:ph34r:

I vote no, maybe a separate category for commissions.

I think showing off YOUR work is part of the contest.. not "look what i can afford contest" ....then it becomes a p*ssing contest..

Maybe it would be ok to enter something via proxy member, say if member couldn't make it (to the CON) but still just wanted to show it, but not if the person purchased it..and shows it as their own...

I mean if i made a cussotm sod it to some guy and he gotta 1st place...somehow that dont seem right....

edited to be more clear...

Edited by orguss01

I voted no.

My reason = If the person that did the custom (Example - Kurt) makes the custom for himself then yes it can be entered. If the person made that custom for someone else and that person enters it then No.

I feel what you're saying my Ballchinian brother, but if the contest's just sole purpose is for judging the customizations and not the person that did them, then commissioned customs should be allowed. Think about it like this: judges at a car show do not care how a car came to be in show quality condition more than the finished product. The best looking cars win; period.

Maybe the convention should consider a seperate contest for those who are into customizing where they outline the detail of their work. The process leading up to the finished product is what will be appreciated by fellow modelers and those selected to judge the competition. Those entering would probably have to do multiples of a single custom. One with the pieces broken down and laid out, another partially built, and probably a final piece that's finished.

Just my two cents.

B))

OO

I suggest you break it down into categories like this:

1. Owner-Produced Customs Contest

2. Commissioned Customs Contest

I think more people would participate if you would allow them to do so, rather than just buying something and bringing it in.

I appreciate all the Wonderful customs created by our resident artists, but to be honest with you I would like to see more than just "paid for items".

Don't think of this as the Concourse de Elegance at Pebble Beach, but more of a Food Network Challenge where every aspect of the custom is brought forth by the owner.

I suggest you break it down into categories like this:

1. Owner-Produced Customs Contest

2. Commissioned Customs Contest

I think more people would participate if you would allow them to do so, rather than just buying something and bringing it in.

I appreciate all the Wonderful customs created by our resident artists, but to be honest with you I would like to see more than just "paid for items".

Don't think of this as the Concourse de Elegance at Pebble Beach, but more of a Food Network Challenge where every aspect of the custom is brought forth by the owner.

Good suggestion NMB4M. Not everyone has the artistic abilities, skills and time it takes to create some of the awesome creations we have seen here. For me it's more the first two, but my time is limited too. But I can appreciate the artistic abilities and skills of others' customs to the point I would would pay them to create one for me.

There are others who could appreciate them as well and displaying them at the convention could be just for show. Take EXO's Thunder Hammer for instance. Someone did it for him, but we could all appreciate it and would disappointed not to see it at the convention. RON's ridiculous creations should be on display as well.

Then we have to take into consideration some of the custom work by guys like Wicked Ace and Ghostkiller who have both made sick custom YF-19's and other stuff.

There should probably be a modeling class and a novice class for guys breaking into it like Miriya or Misterryno. I also saw a thread where a guy did his first weathering job then stripped it and the second time around it was better.

This would probably be a great break out session to discuss at the convention. With the talent we have on this forum I am sure it could happen.

B))

OO

Good suggestion NMB4M. Not everyone has the artistic abilities, skills and time it takes to create some of the awesome creations we have seen here. For me it's more the first two, but my time is limited too. But I can appreciate the artistic abilities and skills of others' customs to the point I would would pay them to create one for me.

There are others who could appreciate them as well and displaying them at the convention could be just for show. Take EXO's Thunder Hammer for instance. Someone did it for him, but we could all appreciate it and would disappointed not to see it at the convention. RON's ridiculous creations should be on display as well.

Then we have to take into consideration some of the custom work by guys like Wicked Ace and Ghostkiller who have both made sick custom YF-19's and other stuff.

There should probably be a modeling class and a novice class for guys breaking into it like Miriya or Misterryno. I also saw a thread where a guy did his first weathering job then stripped it and the second time around it was better.

This would probably be a great break out session to discuss at the convention. With the talent we have on this forum I am sure it could happen.

B))

OO

I do concur my Ballchinian Brother.

OO

Yeah I like the two category contest version. And like kicker773 suggests I think it would be cool to just have people bring as much of their customs as possible so that we can all appreciate them weather they get in a contest or not.

Thanks for all the suggestions. The Customs Contest is the longest event we've had at con every year. We got some killer prizes so hopefully we'll get a lot of participation.

In the end, we really just want people to bring anything cool that they have whether they made it or not. I'll be posting up rules for the events soon. If you haven't registered for the con yet, DO IT!!!!

I voted no as well. I guess my reasoning is, that if it means you fork over good money to win a customs contest, that's not a good representation of creative abilities moreso than someone's wallet. what if 3 people from the same contest had customs all from the same person? I would say that it should simply be the individual's own custom. That just makes it much more exciting when someone wins, as well as relieves any questions.

I am going with a yes, and hear is why. If person A (The Costomizer) is hired buy Person B (The Client) to do the work Person B is providing the kit only. Person A is doing all the work to the best of his ability, it is all person A's skill and all of his work, Only kit was provided by person B. If the model turns out particulay well than person A should be alowed to enter HIS works, But person B should never be alowed to enter a comission in a contest. That is just how I happen to look at it.

I am going with a yes, and hear is why. If person A (The Costomizer) is hired buy Person B (The Client) to do the work Person B is providing the kit only. Person A is doing all the work to the best of his ability, it is all person A's skill and all of his work, Only kit was provided by person B. If the model turns out particulay well than person A should be alowed to enter HIS works, But person B should never be alowed to enter a comission in a contest. That is just how I happen to look at it.

That sounds good.