Looking for screenshot for model custom idea...

Rockhound

Good evening!

I've got the VF-1S super model, and the VF-1S super valk battroid is on order but on its way. I'll be working on a GERWALK custom (Hasegawa parts) and I need a good reference picture. Namely this specific one:

In the Macross series, it is the episode where the Super valk is introduced and Hikaru is piloting. The exact scene I'm looking for is when he fires off the missiles, swings the legs forward, and spins around while still firing off missiles. I'll be trying to recreate that scene with the super valk: jet nose/canopy/body/wings/top fast packs, and the valk battriod arms/legs/corrosponding armor packs. The missiles will actually be the front ends of the missiles in the valk weapon pack attached to the ends of fine, stable wire, and some torn cotton for jet trails (it maybe in space, it's all about style.)

If anyways could help me out, send me a PM or just post into this thread. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Rockhound

Good evening!

I've got the VF-1S super model, and the VF-1S super valk battroid is on order but on its way. I'll be working on a GERWALK custom (Hasegawa parts) and I need a good reference picture. Namely this specific one:

In the Macross series, it is the episode where the Super valk is introduced and Hikaru is piloting. The exact scene I'm looking for is when he fires off the missiles, swings the legs forward, and spins around while still firing off missiles. I'll be trying to recreate that scene with the super valk: jet nose/canopy/body/wings/top fast packs, and the valk battriod arms/legs/corrosponding armor packs. The missiles will actually be the front ends of the missiles in the valk weapon pack attached to the ends of fine, stable wire, and some torn cotton for jet trails (it maybe in space, it's all about style.)

If anyways could help me out, send me a PM or just post into this thread. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Rockhound

Might be able to help out, if no one else gets the pics up sooner. BTW, I've actually heard the Hase gerwalk bash isn't too hard, I was actually thinking of trying it by ripping up some of my earlier "learning" kits (Although I'm still learning), maybe it'd be cool if I kind of follow along.

With the Imai/Bandai kit the legs joining the hasegawa fuselage is the hardest part to deal with. I do like the feet/thrusters of the Bandai a lot since they pose in a nice angle. In the end last time I tried I scratch-built the feet to mimic the Bandai thrusters since I used the whole hasegawa kit.

That's an awesome thread you have Chas! Your gerwalk came out perfect. I'll definately be looking at it when it comes time for the knee and shoulder joints.

However, I'll be making the flying, feet forward, missiles blaring, spinning in circles scene so I won't be too concerned with worrying about it standing up.

Didn't you make the fully transformable Valk a while back? All gray, all sexy, transformable gray valk?

Didn't you make the fully transformable Valk a while back? All gray, all sexy, transformable gray valk?

No that wasn't me. I do know the one you are talking about though It was an amazing thing to see, but Ithought the legs and shoulders were a bit on the thin side.

Do keep in mind that if you include the Battriod "knee" parts the bottom part of the leg will not fold forward far enough for the position you want. If you want the leg to fold forward far enough for the "feet" to be parallel to and in front of the cockpit you will either have to leave out the "knee" parts or cut some extra clearance for them in the bottom section of the leg.