Macross Frontier Mecha/Technology Thread II *Read 1st Post*

Another question:

This is about colony ships, in UC Gundam the colony is using mirror reflection to "power" the colony life, giving day/night cycle, the sunlight is also crucial for the solar energy needed for life cycle. In Macross universe, we see that day/night cycle is controlled by the colony dome holographic projector including producing a holographic sun, the question is whether the system also capable of generating solar power as well?

The power sources made available to humans via OverTechnology are much smaller and generate far more power than what is available as power sources in the Gundam universe. The original RX-78-2 Gundam has a single reactor that produces 1,380 kW of power in a 18m tall Mobile Suit, while the original VF-1 Valkyrie has two 650 MW reactors inside a 12.68m tall Battroid, together producing over a gigwatt of power (or 1,300,000 kW). City 7 has a OTEC reactor that produces 700,000,000 kW per hour (roughly equivalent to the power generated by 540 VF-1 Valkyries). With that kind of cheap, highly efficient technology available, relying upon solar power is light years behind the power generation capabilities of the UNG/NUNG.

Did any of u watch episode 13? I loved the merge of Zentradi designs/tech from both SDF Macross and DYRL... ^_^

yup..

and the DYRL are the evil ones :ph34r:

BTW, newbie question: what happened to Claudia from the SDFM series? did she go with Misa on the megaroad?

also noticed the advisor's limbs... do they have limbs or do they only have those skinny grippers for arms?

:blink:

BTW, newbie question: what happened to Claudia from the SDFM series? did she go with Misa on the megaroad?

Dunno.

also noticed the advisor's limbs... do they have limbs or do they only have those skinny grippers for arms?

Depends on the Advisor. This one has the "tiny hands" (yeh, tiny hands. Go ahead with the tiny hands jokes...).

Dunno.

that sucks.

i really liked the character of Claudia too. <_<

at least the 3 bridge bunnies had some back stories for each of them. yet there's no news on Claudia. hope they give us some surprise/story on her :(

BTW, why did the compendium and wiki list Claudia's rank as 2nd Lt. ? she's supposed to be same ranking as Misa all the way promoting up to Major as well...

"統合宇宙軍中尉(後に少佐まで昇進)。"

ref: link

Did any of u watch episode 13? I loved the merge of Zentradi designs/tech from both SDF Macross and DYRL... ^_^

No I didn't watch ep. 13 because I lack the time travel capability to go to next week in order to watch it. :rolleyes:

I like to think that Claudia (along with her relative Edgar, who can FREAKING SURVIVE ANYTHING), hopped aboard Megaroad-2 or later to command her own ship across the stars. :)

Loved the retro tech in the latest episode. It's a real fanboy episode - I just hope we won't have too many more like it. Frontier is its own show, dangit! ;)

Mark

Anyone notice that the VF-25 can store its gunpod on its leg in Episode 12?

Watch carefully when Alto switches to the knife to stab Temjin's Q-rea. It's stored on the right leg.

Anyone notice that the VF-25 can store its gunpod on its leg in Episode 12?

Watch carefully when Alto switches to the knife to stab Temjin's Q-rea. It's stored on the right leg.

Yes, you are correct. I didn't notice that first so I went to check and it is true. So now we know what the VF-25 battroid can do with its gun when it's not using it.

Also, I have pictures to show what Sumdumgai is saying. Gunpod circled in red.

This shouldn't need spoiler tag anymore as the episode aired over 24 hours ago. However if I am supposed to have something like that I'm sure someone will let me know.

GP1.jpg

GP2.jpg

Interesting, but not unheard of. Gun pods and cockpit noses have been attached to the arms of earlier Valkyries and the Super Packs all have connection points on the legs and arms, so it'd require very hardware to attach the gun pod to a leg.

Well it looks like Alto's finally learned to use the mounting points for the gunpod seeing as he's simply thrown it away in past episodes.

That's what I was thinking of, now SMS doesn't have to pay for yet another gunpod. If it isn't the valkyries Alto has been carelessly using it is the gunpods. to me it makes a bit more sense to have it stored on the leg instead of the arm like past valks have done. Easier to reach on the leg. However storing on the arm works better for transformation, don't have to move it.

I was just using the spoiler tags, since some people might not have watched the episode yet, and this is the mecha/tech thread and not the episode 12 thread. Though, we do discuss up to date happenings with mecha, so I guess I didn't need it. :p

Storing it on the leg like that kind of made me think of the SV=51, especially with the way the VF-25 transforms and all.

Yes, you are correct. I didn't notice that first so I went to check and it is true. So now we know what the VF-25 battroid can do with its gun when it's not using it.

Also, I have pictures to show what Sumdumgai is saying. Gunpod circled in red.

This shouldn't need spoiler tag anymore as the episode aired over 24 hours ago. However if I am supposed to have something like that I'm sure someone will let me know.

http://home.comcast.net/~rheubank/GP1.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~rheubank/GP2.jpg

Speaking of leg mounted gunpods, how about this:

Underslung gunpod in GERWALK MODE??? :huh:

i1812883_gunpod2.png

Was'nt it established in Macross Zero that if not held by the Mecha's hand its mounted in the arm:

103ee13.png

Maybe the VF-25 has different hardpoints that it can mount the gunpod on? We've established it can mount it on the legs now at least in battroid. Since Mihail's gunpod is a sniper gunpod, maybe it mounts in a different location anyway, or uses more than one point to mount it.

Good catch grss1982!

edit- or maybe they just screwed up in animating it that way. It wouldn't be the first animation screw up.

Edited by Sumdumgai

Nah, being able to stow the gunpod to the airframe looks to be a trait of the VF-25. If you check out the scene where altoh does his flyby in GERWALK as Ranka sings, you can see his gunpod is stowed under the fuselage and not on the arm or on the leg.

It's pretty interesting because in episode 11, there's a pretty clear shot of the gunpod being stowed between the two arms as Altoh watches the VF-25s launching while he waits for Sheryl.

No I didn't watch ep. 13 because I lack the time travel capability to go to next week in order to watch it. :rolleyes:

Corrected... :rolleyes:

It seemed to me that the Zentradi rebels in Episode 12 were Marines (That's why they had Heavy Armor). The Light Armored ones were Navy Soldiers (Stationed in the warship). Btw, does anybody has a pic of the Reaction missiles attached to the Q-Rheas? I didn't expect that mecha to be able to carry such ordinance... :ph34r:

post-7862-1214686839_thumb.jpg

post-7862-1214686903_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Btw, does anybody has a pic of the Reaction missiles attached to the Q-Rheas? I didn't expect that mecha to be able to carry such ordinance... :ph34r:

This one?

vlc-71765.png

Q-Reas with Reaction Fast Pack ^_^

I'm kinda unhappy about the blue missile trails in Frontier. At 1st I just regarded it as missiles in space look like that....and expected smoke trails in the atmosphere ala Macross Zero. Alas the smoke trails in ep 12 wasn't that pronounced. Originally i thought they still had the blue trail but guess i was wrong.

I too noticed the blue trails early on but I just took it to be a new type of missile which uses something else to propel it perhaps. As for atmosphere, eh who knows.

It's pretty interesting because in episode 11, there's a pretty clear shot of the gunpod being stowed between the two arms as Altoh watches the VF-25s launching while he waits for Sheryl.

Something tells me the hardpoint attachment for the gunpods on a VF-25 isn't on the arms, period. The fact that I can see the pistol grip on those VF-25s probably indicates that the arms hang too high for the grip to reach in fighter mode, so the attachment of the gunpod to the VF is not the pistol grip.

It seemed to me that the Zentradi rebels in Episode 12 were Marines (That's why they had Heavy Armor). The Light Armored ones were Navy Soldiers (Stationed in the warship). Btw, does anybody has a pic of the Reaction missiles attached to the Q-Rheas? I didn't expect that mecha to be able to carry such ordinance... :ph34r:

Stuff like this makes me wonder if the Q-Rea isn't traditional pre-SW1 Zentraedi weaponry but rather a development of the Q-Rau adapted for NUNS use.

Edited by d3v

I thought the Zentradi did have Reaction Weapons at one time in the distant past, but had since been unable to manufacture them. Hence the "long lost reaction weaponry". So it tracks that even though they may have long since run out of reaction weaponry, they still have mecha capable of mounting and launching them. And since all reaction weaponry is derived from OverTechnology, the reverse-engineered human-made reaction weapons would be very similar.

As for paint rounds, I'm certain the Zentradi have plenty of battle simulations as well :)

As for paint rounds, I'm certain the Zentradi have plenty of battle simulations as well :)

I'd like to think that Zendtradi are kind of like Kingons in that if you survive the battle simulation, then you pass the training. So I would be prone to assume that the old Zentradi would use live ammo instead of paint rounds.

May or may not be true, but definitely sounds more bad-@$$.

BTW just re-watched episode 7 again, and i found this......

Five barelled gunpod?

2lndf5t.jpg

Also I almost forgot to mention that this screencap is the scene were Alto is going to nail Kamjin with the Gunpod-Knife Combo Attack.....and I was wondering did Alto fire the gunpod WITHOUT it being expanded/deployed like this one being held by the Ozma VF-25:

vf25xf5.gif

Also I almost forgot to mention that this screencap is the scene were Alto is going to nail Kamjin with the Gunpod-Knife Combo Attack.....and I was wondering did Alto fire the gunpod WITHOUT it being expanded/deployed like this one being held by the Ozma VF-25:

seem to recall that it did "click open" just before firing. will go and rewatch to be sure

edit: yup, it did deploy prior to firing. you can even hear it click

OT: just happen to notice you're from cebu. nice place. haven't been there in a while though. 'ayo!

Edited by Major Focker

That gunpod being five barreled isn't new information. We've known that since ep.1 deculture edition, they showed a close-up of Ozma's gunpod during his fight with the lobster, which for the record did open then to fire as well. Truthfully I'm not sure of the purpose of the opening thing because the gunpod fires in fighter mode while closed it seems.

That gunpod being five barreled isn't new information. We've known that since ep.1 deculture edition, they showed a close-up of Ozma's gunpod during his fight with the lobster, which for the record did open then to fire as well. Truthfully I'm not sure of the purpose of the opening thing because the gunpod fires in fighter mode while closed it seems.

now that you mention it, would be nice to see screencaps of the gunpod firing in fighter mode. as to the purpose of it opening, dunno, ventilation? the assumption being that in fighter mode, it would be zipping along fast enough not to require additional surface area exposure? but then again, there's no convection at play in space, so..... hmm interesting.

as to the purpose of it opening, dunno, ventilation? the assumption being that in fighter mode, it would be zipping along fast enough not to require additional surface area exposure? but then again, there's no convection at play in space, so..... hmm interesting.

Maybe it's just a fore-grip. <_<