Macross Frontier Mecha/Technology Thread II *Read 1st Post*

The VF-27 looks a lot like the M7 Varauta mecha to me... B))

Not saying you are right or wrong, just curious about what prompts you to say that?

Must be the "fold without a booster" thing... its beam gun & its speed...

Nobody's mentioned that the VF-27 is apparently fold capable, without an external fold booster?

And that cockpit must really improve situational awareness.

~Luke

Yes... The wings must have mini-fold generators in those engine-looking things...

The cockpit looks very very advanced too...

post-7862-1210902959_thumb.jpg

post-7862-1210902969_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Not saying you are right or wrong, just curious about what prompts you to say that?

err...it got internal fold generator? It as a fast as the red Vajra? It had beam gun? The head design?:huh: I dont know, just some wild speculation I guess.

Edited by Morpheus

That's not a bad theory. You may have something there. The parallels make sense. The colors and exterior symbols, though not identical to the Vajra may be similar enough to suggest some other subtle connection. Guess we just have to keep watching to find out (hehehe, like we wouldn't anyway) :)

Edited by Mr March

^^ Check the post before yours. :D

Beat you to it. :p

Even had it posted in MW's "Science and Technology MEGA THREAD" B)) (http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showforum=26)

Well.......YEAH.........but I put the picture up on here first....... Doesn't THAT earn me a medal?? B)):lol: :lol:

This new VF just SCREAMS SV-51 lineage!!! Could be a evolution of the design? After all, the SV-51 is technically the first VF... Seeing as the UN 'stole' the designs from the Anti-UN.... :ph34r:

Same colour as Nora's unit too.......(Not that that would really mean anything)

Taksraven

I'm wondering what companies are around making the Variable Fighters and mecha in this time period. Is the VF-25 made by Shinsei Industries? A newcomer? Is the VF-171 still a General Galaxies product?

And hot damn, was it my imagination or did the Macross Quarter have something more than a PPB system?

It's interesting to see the destroids make a come back in combat form, as opposed to fire fighting or "Labor/Patlabor" usage.

I dont know, but the whole next-gen BDI/BDS and strange inertia vector control system, and internal fold capablity reaks to me of a general galaxy product. im guessing that squadron of 27s is from galaxy likely there elite force, since its mentioned in the intro the primary focus of the galaxy is to develop advanced technology.

I'm wondering what companies are around making the Variable Fighters and mecha in this time period. Is the VF-25 made by Shinsei Industries? A newcomer? Is the VF-171 still a General Galaxies product?

And hot damn, was it my imagination or did the Macross Quarter have something more than a PPB system?

It's interesting to see the destroids make a come back in combat form, as opposed to fire fighting or "Labor/Patlabor" usage.

I think it's been mentioned that the VF-25 was developed by L.A.I. (whatever that is).

Graham

If SMS was hired to test the latest technology, why wouldn't they have one of them VF-27s or whatever that new fighter in episode 7 was? Hopefully we'll see more information on this civilian testing contract is done in succeeding episodes.

Whatever technology the VF27s use, that is something way advanced from what Guld was using. It seems that the pilot is just floating there. Maybe its like they enter something kind of like the Matrix where they attach a cable to your spine or something and you no longer have to be conscious in the real world. Probably be able to control the fighter with thoughts as if you were the mecha itself. The whole technology could be related to those implants that MGalaxy citizens seem to have. That would explain why they devoted episode 7's intro narration to the discussion of the implants.

Kronnang Dunn: that's a really cool avatar! Is that supposed to be Max? Where can I get one of those of the other pilots? Looks really awesome! :D

If SMS was hired to test the latest technology, why wouldn't they have one of them VF-27s or whatever that new fighter in episode 7 was?

I think SMS was hired by the manufacturer of the VF-25 (L.A.I.?) to test their latest product, i.e. the VF-25.

The VF-27 is most likely from another manufacturer.

Graham

I think it's been mentioned that the VF-25 was developed by L.A.I. (whatever that is).

Graham

Laplamiz Advance Industries :rolleyes: .

Too bad ep.7 doesn't show the VF force of Galaxy fleet :(

SMS is a PMC, so maybe another PMC was given the testing duties for the VF-27.
WHERE EXACTLY..... *coff* *coff* does it say that the VF-27 is affiliated with NUNS? I mean, the SMS fighters would have IFF'd the fighter as friendly once they were seen (It seem ludicruse that in light of passing information back and forth between colony fleets, as well as back to the core worlds of humanity, that current designs wouldn't be indentifiable as non-hostiles? Like i've fussed at Togo about, the VF-27 very much a foe to NUNS & SMS... :ph34r:

WHERE EXACTLY..... *coff* *coff* does it say that the VF-27 is affiliated with NUNS? I mean, the SMS fighters would have IFF'd the fighter as friendly once they were seen (It seem ludicruse that in light of passing information back and forth between colony fleets, as well as back to the core worlds of humanity, that current designs wouldn't be indentifiable as non-hostiles? Like i've fussed at Togo about, the VF-27 very much a foe to NUNS & SMS... :ph34r:

There are several pictures that you can clearly see the NUN symbol. They are all in the Episode 7 talk back.

There are several pictures that you can clearly see the NUN symbol. They are all in the Episode 7 talk back.

Indeed. I couldn't see the logo because I have the Low RES FLV version of the episode. Now I see it clearly. Is like the one in the uniform of Kathy Glass. Could this mean that the VF-27 was developed by studying the Vajra "corpse"? It may be a fusion of Vajra/VF-25 technology...

post-7862-1210998898_thumb.jpg

post-7862-1210998908_thumb.jpg

post-7862-1210998921_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

The MQ cannon also seems to have a warping affect. Did anyone notice how when the carrier was hit it started to twist not just expand and blow outward?

It's been suggested that the Macross Cannon is also folding the space within the blast radius.

That's VERY nifty stuff if you ask me.

It's been suggested that the Macross Cannon is also folding the space within the blast radius.

Overtechnology Macross bow-firing super-dimension-energy cannon with beam polarizing converging system.

Whatever the hell that means...

You know...we don't have any specs on the VF-27 or any decent pics of it so I'm not even gonna speculate about whether it belongs to NUNS or not.

Didn't it state at one point that S.M.S. stood for Shinsei Military Sciences, or something like that? IE: Shinsei Industries became the S.M.S. later on?

No. :rolleyes: No one has said anything of the sort.

Wow!!! Nope... Hehehe... Thx for the pic. So the VF-27 is N.U.N.S. That would explain why it shot the small Vajra onboard the carrier & didn't help S.M.S. (expendables?). Perhaps its orders were to observe & recollect data from the Vajra. I bet the VF-27 was made from merging Vajra technology & the VF-25... So Leon/Bilrer are really the bad guys!!! Galactic Conspiracy!!!! :ph34r:

If the Vajra aren't Mr.Bilrer's creations, they must be... PROTOCULTURE!!!! :wacko:

That's VERY nifty stuff if you ask me.

Makes sense because that carrier definately started twisting like it was heading down the drain.

Ripping this from a post I made at the Episode 7 Thread. It tech related so I guess it should be in here. :mellow:

The task force only cover what like the remain of Galaxy vanguard fleet.

vlc-877663.png

@Morpheus: Is this the cockpit of a VF-25? Check out the lower right corner of the pic. This may will be our first confirmation that the VF-25 does not have a YF-19-like all around view cockpit in fighter mode.

Ripping this from a post I made at the Episode 7 Thread. It tech related so I guess it should be in here. :mellow:

@Morpheus: Is this the cockpit of a VF-25? Check out the lower right corner of the pic. This may will be our first confirmation that the VF-25 does not have a YF-19-like all around view cockpit in fighter mode.

Well if you think about it they are in space, so it could be there is wrap around imaging... but it's just too dark to tell.

Well if you think about it they are in space, so it could be there is wrap around imaging... but it's just too dark to tell.

I guess. :mellow:

Anyways I went a little overboard today and watched DYRL and Macross Plus OVA all in one go, while at the same time taking some pics of the YF-19 cockpit. :p

vsjhg6.jpg

vlcsnap-2598680928.jpg

:ph34r:

Compare that to Morpheus' pic of the VF-25 cockpit. It's speculation on my part (a weak one at that), but take note of the lower right corner of the pic below:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Dro.../vlc-877663.png

Edited by grss1982

Actually I was doing my self ceremonial go through of the episode of the week making my personal screen shots for whatever I deem them useful for (mostly pretty mecha pictures that get used for wallpapers), and you can get a better screen of that same cockpit area in Alto's VF (when he's taking off from Quarter) but it shows more.. and it would seem you are right, there doesn't seem to be any wrap around... unless it exists but was turned off. I don't know why they'd get rid of a system like that.

I went ahead and screen capped that shot for you actually, it seems obvious here there is no wrap around.

AltoCockpit.jpg

Probably be able to control the fighter with thoughts as if you were the mecha itself. The whole technology could be related to those implants that MGalaxy citizens seem to have. That would explain why they devoted episode 7's intro narration to the discussion of the implants.

It makes enough sense, the EX-Gears interfacing with the VF-25 allow for the mecha to respond to your own movements when you're connected, so why not take integration to the next level with the 27s?

I think I have an idea what are the things that open up on Mikhael gunpods, he is a sniper, maybe they function as a tripod like real snipers on the M99 for further stability while prone, although, we've never seen him use it this way, but it does look like that...