It's been a while since I started a topic and seeing as season three of my most favorite American cartoon is slated to begin in roughly 4 short weeks I thought it would be cool if Macross World had a Venture Brothers thread. I know there have to be more Venture fans on this site...

I'll kick things off with some decent conversation starters: What is your favorite Venture character, episode and bits of dialog.

My personal favorite Venture character is Hank Venture, mostly because he reminds me of me as a teen... dopey and willing to say just about anything that pops in his mind. People to this day wonder if I somehow channel crazy dead people. My second favorite Venture character would have to be a tie between Doctor Henry Killinger (and his Magic Murder Bag) and The Monarch.

My favorite Venture episode is a three way tie between "Viva Los Muertos!", "Love Bhiets" and "Trial of the Monarch".

My favorite quotes are:

Venturestien: PROSTITOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Monarch: OK Poncherello, why don't you climb your tom fiddlin' ass back on your big gay bike and get outa here?

Wow they actually made a season 3! I thought they would stop with that cliffhanger at the end of season 2 (yeah you know the one). I'm a moderately big fan of the show. My favorite character of the show......... hmmmmm thats a tough one. I'll just pick Brock Sampson, he's just so badass. My favorite episode is an early one, I can't think of the name but it's the one with the fake ghost pirates and Prof. Ventures crashed aircraft with the REAL ghost. My favorite quote is IGNORE ME!!!

That episode is "Ghosts of the Sargasso". My favorite part of that episode was the intro that quoted David Bowie songs (TVC15, Major Tom and Ashes to Ashes) nearly verbatim.

As for their "being a season three", Doc Hammer and Jackson Public (Chris McCullough) have stated that Adult Swim picked them up for two more seasons, so there will be a season three and a season four. Public has begun showing snippets of season three on his live journal page "Public Nuissance" including the season three teaser reel shown at the NY Comicon.

I like the episode where Brock's License to Kill expires and Monarch has Dr. Girlfriend seduce Dr. Venture. Hank or Dean says "Dad there's a girl at the door with a really deep voice". Pretty funny as I think that's the only time anyone mentions Dr. Girlfriends voice in any episode. The show is completely hilarious.

There are a few times when Brock questions Dr. Girlfriend's sexuality, most notably when he asks The Monarch and Phantom Limb if they've "found the scars yet". But to the best of my memory Jefferson Twilight and The Alchemist also comment on her voice when she shows up as Lady Au Pair to audition to be their arch enemy in the episode "Fallen Arches". IIRC Jefferson Twilight says something along the lines of "Do you smoke cigarettes or eat them?"

Edit: I also forgot that Pete White and Billy Quizboy question her sexuality as well in the "Tag Sale, You're It!" episode. Billy muses that he heard she had a "baboon vagina" surgically installed.

Favorite show ever and i am constantly turning people on to it. My fav characters are the Monarch and Dr. Orpheus. They have the best dialoge. My favorite quote is "Don't go for the reach around" one from the trial of the monarch. Funny enough one of my many nicknames is King Gorilla which i picked up in Africa. I got the name because we were smoking and watchin the episode where the Venture Brothers were in a Scared Straight scene for supervillians and The Monarch traded Dean for a smoke to King Gorilla. I love this show. I am watching seasons one and two again during my lunch break with my friend, and now she is into it. Oh the Monarch's henchmen are funny as crap too.

The beginning of season 2, where the henchmen get the call from the Monarch. Just the "daa daa dadada daa daa" theme the two of them humming as they're "suiting up" and getting in their "Monarch Mobile". :D

The beginning of season 2, where the henchmen get the call from the Monarch. Just the "daa daa dadada daa daa" theme the two of them humming as they're "suiting up" and getting in their "Monarch Mobile". :D

That was The Planets by Gustav Holst. That is one of my favorite episodes.

Great show! I'm looking forward to Season 3!

I always liked Brock just because he kicks so much ass.

I liked the episode where they were showing all the ways Hank and Dean have died over the years! Overall, too many good scenes to list!

I love the episode where they have a mock Scooby Gang, the Groovy Gang, as 60's burnout radicals. Sammy, a mock Shaggy, was addicted to Groovy snacks(Pills man!) & only he can hear Groovy(Scooby) talk.

For those who haven't seen this one yet:

It was revealed that the Groovy Gang killed the original Hank & Dean Venture when they broke into Venture Industries in search of a mystery.

"You never told me bigfoot was a dude" - Brock

"What's the matter Sampson, he doesn't have anything you haven't seen before."- Six Million Dollar Man (forgot his name)

"Bigfoot is something i haven't seen before!!!!"- Brock

Or Brock's love, Molotov Cocktease. Man I can go on about this show forever. Like when Race Banon died, or when they ran into Johnny Quest. This show is to great for words.

I love the episode where they have a mock Scooby Gang, the Groovy Gang, as 60's burnout radicals. Sammy, a mock Shaggy, was addicted to Groovy snacks(Pills man!) & only he can hear Groovy(Scooby) talk.

What was really classic where that all four of the "Groovy Gang" were the "Scooby Crew" cross bred with '70s serial killers and wackos.

"Ted" (the Fred send-up) was a caricature of Ted Bundy and his maniacal control issues and fits of rage.

"Patty" (the Daphne send-up) was a caricature of Patty Hearst and her seemingly timid but complicit sheepishness.

"Val" (the Velma send-up) was a caricature of Valerie Solanas and her ultra feminist, man hating mannerisms (Val even quotes the S.C.U.M. Manifesto several times)

"Sonny and Groovy" (the Shaggy and Scooby send-ups) were caricatures of David "Son of Sam" Berkowitz and his infamous demonic talking dog "that only he could hear"

and of course it goes without saying:

Dean: Since when do hippies have guns?

Hank: I dunno... maybee they're like... pirate hippies?

"Dude, stop wailing on my junk!"

"The Apaches are back! Teepee in your trunks."

"My pants are haunted! My pants are haunted!"

"Is that what you want? You almost craped your pants! Except for him, he did crap his pants."

"Boom boom."

"Ungratefull little half-monkeys!"

So many quotes from this show. Monarch and Orpheous probably have the best delivery.

Testicular Torsion is no laughing matter. I love the show as well. The scared straight episode might be my fav. I also like the rip they have of the Fantastic 4.

So far my favorite character was Klaus Nomi, as I almost passed out in a pool of my own urine laughing when he was on-screen. Dr Orpheus steals every scene he's in and nobody spits the word "dick" like the Monarch.

Henchmen 21 and 24 arguement over what type of species Smurfs were was my introduction to this show, and I've been hooked since.

Why did none of you mention the Showdown at Cremation Creek 2-part finale?! That was too much for me to handle. The Ventures and the Monarch teaming up? Brock leading the henchmen to victory? They can actually fly? David Bowie?! WTF they brought in David Bowie for some reason and it was hilarious. Damn it they need to quit taking 2 yrs to make the next season!! But it's hard to live up to such pure win.

Best character? Of course - Brock $#%@in' Sampson

Why did none of you mention the Showdown at Cremation Creek 2-part finale?! That was too much for me to handle. The Ventures and the Monarch teaming up? Brock leading the henchmen to victory? They can actually fly? David Bowie?! WTF they brought in David Bowie for some reason and it was hilarious. Damn it they need to quit taking 2 yrs to make the next season!! But it's hard to live up to such pure win.

Best character? Of course - Brock $#%@in' Sampson

Not just David Bowie, but Iggy Pop as well, A truly epic 2 part.

Why did none of you mention the Showdown at Cremation Creek 2-part finale?!

I did (sort of). Thats where Klaus Nomi shows up. He was Bowie's other henchman. Look up Klaus on Youtube. No one hits a high note like Nomi....

Or the Episode the Amazing Mr. Brisby, and how they were taking down the Brisby Empire. The best part other than Brock's and Molotov's fight was when Brock polevaulted a fence by jamming the pole in a guard's mouth while he was in mid sentence. Classic.

The show has had several mentions of David Bowie in it, aside from all the song quotes and nods they stuck in. I really enjoy all the little musical nods they fit into the show. I about gagged on my own tongue laughing when Myra started quoting Spandau Ballet.

The whole Myra episode (I know why the caged bird kills) is another one of my favorites, it's just rife with perfect dialog.

Orpheus: Isn't a little early for a costume party?

Myra: Look who's talking, Dracula.

Number 21: Semper... Fidelis... Tyrannosaurus!

Killinger: You mean Sic Semper Tyrannis... You said "Always Faithful Terrible Lizard"

Towards the end of the Amazing Mr. Brisby episode where Dr. Venture keeps falling and Brock keeps saving him and finally shoots a spike/nail through his wrist to pin him to the wall.

Also at the beginning of that same episode when Hank and Dean think they are in Africa and Hank is spouting facts about the elephant.

Dean: Check out the fifth leg on that thing

Hank: It's called a trunk

Dean: It's called your a spaz and that's not what I'm talking about

Man, am I glad for this topic! Now I know when to look for new Venture Bros!

Adult Swim peaked with VB. Everything before it was just leading up to it, and everything after it is living it its shadow.

My favorite episode was "Are You There God? It's Me, Dean." But every episode was gold.

I beg to differ, The Boondocks is just as funny if not funnier than the Ventures. I rate them as equals honestly. But yes this is one of the best things they have created next to Space Ghost Coast 2 Coast.

I beg to differ, The Boondocks is just as funny if not funnier than the Ventures. I rate them as equals honestly. But yes this is one of the best things they have created next to Space Ghost Coast 2 Coast.

Yeah... I never liked the Boondocks.

I thought the first season of the Boondocks was great... "Return of the King" was it's high point though IMHO. The second season has not been as good as the first... it almost feels as if they lost their "edge"... like they either got new writers or someone at the network said "quit it with the overt racial / political stuff, just make the characters into goofball slapstick kung-fu shells of their former selves". Every character I liked from the first season seemed to become a hollow shell of their former self... a caricature of a caricature.

I have to wonder how many times they can pay for Samuel L. Jackson, but his stuff is hilarious. I actually thought they had more racial stuff in the 2nd season but that's just me. I think Granddad's character was weaker because of it though. And Ruckus how does he just get all over the place like that?!

Speaking of voice actors, the Venture Brothers rumor mill has it that Stephen Colbert will not be reprising his role as Professor Richard Impossible in the foreseeable future... so I guess they will either avoid any more stories with him, recast him with a different actor or a little from column A and column B. Then again there was another rumor that James Urbaniak (the voice of Dr. Venture) was leaving the show, which turned out to be false.

If you listen to the commentaries on the two season DVD sets, as wandering and off-topic (and funny as hell) as they are, you actually get an insight into which characters might be featured heavily in seasons three and four based on which ones Doc Hammer and Jackson Public "like to write for". Then again they claim on the commentary for "escape to the house of mummies" that there is indeed a part one and it is an easter egg on the season two DVD set... but lord love a duck if I can't find it. They also bleep a ton of stuff in some of the commentaries. I'm not sure what they are bleeping however as they cuss up a storm and none of it is bleeped... which makes me think they are either mentioning future plot arcs that they don't want revealed or they are mentioning other things or shows that Adult Swim/Williams Street/Turner DVD doesn't want them talking about.

"MECHA-SHIVA!! MECHA-SHIVA!!" :lol:

One of my friends bought the first boxed set, but I haven't seen this show in quite a while now. I forget how it got arranged, but I know we randomly caught the episode with the "Mars the Bringer of War" bit while the henchmen got dressed, and almost died laughing on the spot. The rest of the episode was good as well, especially the parts where Brock killed a guy with a caulking gun, and Dr. Venture's eye pops out of it's socket and starts waggling around, and you actually get to see his perspective on it. :lol:

If you listen to the commentaries on the two season DVD sets, as wandering and off-topic (and funny as hell) as they are, you actually get an insight into which characters might be featured heavily in seasons three and four based on which ones Doc Hammer and Jackson Public "like to write for". Then again they claim on the commentary for "escape to the house of mummies" that there is indeed a part one and it is an easter egg on the season two DVD set... but lord love a duck if I can't find it. They also bleep a ton of stuff in some of the commentaries. I'm not sure what they are bleeping however as they cuss up a storm and none of it is bleeped... which makes me think they are either mentioning future plot arcs that they don't want revealed or they are mentioning other things or shows that Adult Swim/Williams Street/Turner DVD doesn't want them talking about.

Well if you're having problems finding an easter egg, you can usually use windows media player to list out all the chapters and just click them thru until you find it. But I don't think it was listed on the Wikipedia or anything as being an episode but if it exists it's on the internet somewhere.

I really should follow this show more closely.

Anyone that can bust a riff on Contact, while playing the background music from Signs, all while Dr. Venture is repeatedly screaming, "PRICK!!!!!!" should be something on my "must watch" list.