Macross Frontier Episode 6 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 6 Rating  

205 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Episode 6?

• Positive (Prelude to action?!?!?!?!?!)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative ("Bye Bye Sheryl"? More like "Good Riddance")

Even I got that

Sheryl was more than a little stunned when the news about the

Galaxy fleet hit

, but

what was she saying to Alto when he showed up with her missing earring

?

She was telling him why the earing is important to her. It's a momento from her mother, though she doesn't know her mother looks like. She also asks him if he likes Frontier, to which he replies that he doesn't since it doesn't have a sky. There's also a bit about how she used to hate Galaxy since she's an orphan with no relatives. Alto gets a little uncomfortable that she's acting so vulnerable and it ends there. Supposedly the early brings great luck.

its part of the contract for sms members saying that if the govt declares a state of emergency such as in case of war, they will lose the freedom to reject or disobey commands given out to them.

wow some parts of the animation has reached new lows. budget constraints i guess, and though it might not be fair to jump to conclusions, i'm guessing it has to do with sub-contracting to other animation studios - KMU Manila (from Philippines?), Shangjie Animation and Zizidongman (from China?). On the other hand, i'm glad that these animation companies are getting a chance in production and no doubt gaining experience from this. Just wish they can do better. :p

Edited by Shun

This is NOW! my Fav Frontier episode ;)!!!!!

OMG i love the concert scenes and how they mix it with the ED!!!!!!!!!

Yeah well, that had me wondering how they were going to do it, since they were playing the end theme right before the closing credits, and then they just went and continued through the credits. Very well done. The last five minutes of the episode in particular were outstanding. The whole thing was good, though. Now we have to wait for what looks like a boring episode next week.

:lol:

Taksraven

Episode 7 gonna be great, I have to put some limiter mode when watching it next week.

BTW

is there a specific reason why Leon ordered Cathy to became SMS bridge bunny? Her behavior in the bridge reminds me of Misa

Even I got that

Sheryl was more than a little stunned when the news about the

Galaxy fleet hit

, but

what was she saying to Alto when he showed up with her missing earring

?

A bit off-topic I know, but....

I have to ask and I know some software that can do it, but what software do you specifically use to make such great animated gifs.

Taksraven

I think that says it all about why I don't think that Alto will ultimately end up with Ranka. She is essentially still just a child. Sheryl is definitely more of a "woman". Unless Ranka matures quite a bit as the series continues to progress.

Taksraven

I think that says it all about why I don't think that Alto will ultimately end up with Ranka. She is essentially still just a child. Sheryl is definitely more of a "woman". Unless Ranka matures quite a bit as the series continues to progress.

Taksraven

Well, you just never know, dude.

Amidst the cuteness and stuff, it could very well be quite a significant character-development plot-point. This series is a 26-ep series after all, right? B)):p;)

She [sheryl] was telling him [Alto] why the earring is important to her. It's a momento from her mother, though she doesn't know her mother looks like. She also asks him if he likes Frontier, to which he replies that he doesn't since it doesn't have a sky. There's also a bit about how she used to hate Galaxy since she's an orphan with no relatives. Alto gets a little uncomfortable that she's acting so vulnerable and it ends there. Supposedly the early brings great luck.

Ah, thanks. So what's the over/under on

Alto losing his new lucky charm

?

A bit off-topic I know, but....

I have to ask and I know some software that can do it, but what software do you specifically use to make such great animated gifs.

Ultimately? VirtualDub, Animation Shop 3--and a lot of hope. :D

post-7714-1210297786_thumb.png

Is the animation quality for this episode really that bad, or are you guys just being too picky? :p

Graham

Dude, I just watched it and I think it was GREAT. These people picking apart the quality aren't watching the episode for the story. Just enjoy the show!!! :D

I admit that episode 6 did suffer from a noticeable and episode-wide reduction in animation quality. I suppose after 5 episodes of getting it wrong, the shotgun complaining was bound to guess a winner :):lol:

The actual cel count and fluidity of the animation in episode 6 remains at the same level as the rest of Frontier, but the style and skill of the art is definitely less accomplished. Scene composition and dramatic angle is what takes the biggest hit. The scenes simply aren't as visually interesting and attractive as they have been for the first 5 episodes. The CG work remains the same and had quite a few amazing shots. Still, we all knew it would happen eventually, so I'm not getting my Zentradi-size panties in a knot just yet :) And quite honestly, this is nowhere near as bad as the Anime Friend via STAR PRO debacle of SDF Macross that we've all come to know and loathe.

Is the animation quality for this episode really that bad, or are you guys just being too picky? :p

Graham

I hope my word is good as a big fan of the animation thus far, but yes, the episode 6 animation is a noticeably worse. But don't worry, if this is as bad as Frontier ever gets, we can stomach it a lot better than the drops in past Macross shows.

CG and background animation are awesome as always. but... the character animation is quite noticeable. for example, at the drinks outlet ("Galaxy Bucks?":p ) Ranka and Alto's face looks completely warped... some still shots of random people on the streets look very flat (e.g. during the announcement) etc etc...

too many to list.

but i really like the background art!

*sigh* IT'S NOT THAT BAD!!!! :angry:

<--------------------------- me right now

I will grant that the drop in animation qualtiy for episode 6 is a cause for legitimate complaint. However, I agree with you that it doesn't justify the fanboy wrath that it's getting nor does it excuse the previous 5 episodes where fans called foul without a good excuse. But we're talking Macross World here you silly Meltrandi defective! How dare you question the illogical nature of it all :p;):lol:

And quite honestly, this is nowhere near as bad as the Anime Friend via STAR PRO debacle of SDF Macross that we've all come to know and loathe.

I hope my word is good as a big fan of the animation thus far, but yes, the episode 6 animation is a noticeably worse. But don't worry, if this is as bad as Frontier ever gets, we can stomach it a lot better than the drops in past Macross shows.

Thats the most valid point anybody could make about this. Basically it is NOWHERE near as bad as some of the stuff we had to endure in the original series. So just bear with it and enjoy the show. If you get toooooo nitpicky its hard to enjoy anything.

Taksraven

I will grant that the drop in animation qualtiy for episode 6 is a cause for legitimate complaint. However, I agree with you that it doesn't justify the fanboy wrath that it's getting nor does it excuse the previous 5 episodes where fans called foul without a good excuse. But we're talking Macross World here you silly Meltrandi defective! How dare you question the illogical nature of it all :p;):lol:

Bah! I strive to be logical! :D

For a TV series I think the animation quality is acceptable, what matter most to me is the story (and the mecha action). If you guys want them to improve the animation quality, then support them by buying the DVDs and CD B))

I will grant that the drop in animation qualtiy for episode 6 is a cause for legitimate complaint. However, I agree with you that it doesn't justify the fanboy wrath that it's getting nor does it excuse the previous 5 episodes where fans called foul without a good excuse.

The 2D art and animation for Frontier are average. I expected more, but its not horrible by any means, except for episode 6. If the rest of the 26 episodes looked as bad as 6, it would impact my enjoyment of the show. The difference in quality was, in my mind and by my eye, as bad as the difference with the outsourced episodes in the original series.

What really bothers me is what should have been a great scene, the end with the concert/launch, became a showcase for some absolutely horrible work. Its ugly, its distracting, and it was a real shame.

For a TV series I think the animation quality is acceptable, what matter most to me is the story (and the mecha action). If you guys want them to improve the animation quality, then support them by buying the DVDs and CD B))

Done and done.

Already got the two CD singles released so far and have the R2 DVDs and OST-1 CD on preorder.

Graham

The 2D art and animation for Frontier are average. I expected more, but its not horrible by any means, except for episode 6. If the rest of the 26 episodes looked as bad as 6, it would impact my enjoyment of the show. The difference in quality was, in my mind and by my eye, as bad as the difference with the outsourced episodes in the original series.

What really bothers me is what should have been a great scene, the end with the concert/launch, became a showcase for some absolutely horrible work. Its ugly, its distracting, and it was a real shame.

See, I just don't see that. I watch it and it works just like it's supposed to. Granted, Sheryl didn't move very fluidly or as smoothly as she could have, in fact she didn't move much at all. But that was it.