Macross Frontier Episode 6 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 6 Rating  

205 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Episode 6?

• Positive (Prelude to action?!?!?!?!?!)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative ("Bye Bye Sheryl"? More like "Good Riddance")

Damn, I go to work and miss nearly two pages of whether or not Ozma will die? Let alone an avatar request for same? :lol:

Perhaps a better question might be who apart from Alto (and probably Nanase) is guaranteed to survive the show...

Thanks for the new avatar Bill! :D

Great episode and a nice prelude to a nodoubt even better one next week!

Cannot say I really like the name of the SMS ship...Macross Quarter?!? Well, it could be worse, "Macross Half" or "Macross Three-Quarters"....sigh i just wish they would hire an English consultant before they name things in strange (hen) english...

Cannot say I really like the name of the SMS ship...Macross Quarter?!? Well, it could be worse, "Macross Half" or "Macross Three-Quarters"....sigh i just wish they would hire an English consultant before they name things in strange (hen) english...

they got a pattern going 25th anniv., vf-25, 25th emigration fleet........ macross 1/25. etc

Finally saw the episode !

Well it was great (again !) :lol:

I loved the lighter beginning... the manager begging Ozma... and the officiel Ranka fan-club ! Yatta ! :lol:

As soon as the news of the attack on Galaxy breaks out though.... boy you sure can feel the tension growing.

I wonder if there's some hidden past to Sheryl, here being an orphan and all...?

Other than that the whole concert in parrallel to the SMS Task Force leaving Frontier, was just super. (Now I wonder if the "Macross Quarter" can transform too ? :p)

Beside that I don't what's the problem with animation - it seemed on par with the previouws episode to me. However yeah, there was some shot were the art was definitly subpart compared with the rest of the series.

But great nonetheless ! Can't wait for the next episode ! It should be... explosive :D

-Sergorn

Quarter Pounder.

Think about it.

(And I'm stunned that no one busted that out five seconds after the name went public.)

B))

Clever, very. But I actually wanna see it do some pounding before I call it that. If it merely gets its ass handed to it by the Vajra, then it'll be more like the Filet o' Lobster...

Thoughts about Ozma.. he can't die yet, he hasn't been around Cathy long enough to cause any tension between her and foo-foo head. :lol:

He can't eat the pineapple until they actually reveal more about their past. They only hinted at it in the car ride, and killing him off now would ruin that setup. My guess is that their being on the same ship in the next episode or two is going to bring back old ghosts, and when they come back, Cathy's going to be bounced between Ozma and foo-foo like a pinball. And personally, I'm all for it. We've got a two-girl triangle already, it'd be interesting to balance that with a two-guy version as well... sort of an SDF/Mac+ plot hybrid. :)

Edit: Actually, on second thought, something serious may indeed happen to Ozma on this trip. Still don't think he can die yet, but lets say he's seriously wounded/captured in battle.. So Cathy suddenly goes to pieces, straining her current relationship, and setting it up for a confrontation when Ozma recovers/returns. And on top of that, his disappearance would pull double duty in the emotion department, since it would also throw Ranka into a tizzy, making Alto feel like he should watch over her, to the point of putting Sheryl on the back burner.. leaving Ranka to think that he wants her over Sheryl, when he really might just be worried for her safety, while Sheryl gets ticked that he's ignoring her.... oooh, the circles within circles...

My brain hurts now.:blink:

Edited by Chronocidal

Done and done.

Already got the two CD singles released so far and have the R2 DVDs and OST-1 CD on preorder.

Graham

Which is the other single? I have Triangular on the way and the OST-1 on preorder as well.

Looks like episode 7 has Ozma back using the Armored Pack instead of the Super Pack. Can't wait to see more of the Armured Pack in action.

Graham

More VF-25 with Armored Pack action FTW!!!! Gorgeous, Delicious......... :wacko:

But anyways more VfF-25 with Armored Pack and Konig Monster action is very nice. ^_^ Yummmmyyyyy!!!! B))

Is it just me or did anyone notice that she ran all the way there! I mean, that has got to be like halfway around Macross Frontier! Sure, if you're on a date you can catch a trolley but when you're late for a concert on your own, you have to walk/run to get there? :lol:

What's the song playing when she runs to the concert hall? If it's Sheryl's "Don't Be Late" them I'm gonna be ROFL-ing very hard. :lol:

Anyways that picture alone makes me wonder how freaking huge Frontier is.

Edited by grss1982

More VF-25 with Armored Pack action FTW!!!! Gorgeous, Delicious......... :wacko:

But anyways more VfF-25 with Armored Pack and Konig Monster action is very nice. ^_^ Yummmmyyyyy!!!! B))

Can I dreamed about Konig Monster with full armor pack? :huh:

I wish Alto VF-25 is equipped with the Zentran cannon which he acquired in ep.4.

Macross Quarter = Macross 25

(Seems like 25 is the quarter part of 100, duh... hehehe)

:lol:

I noticed that Ranka was biting what seemed to be a paintbrush when watching the news in her hippo pajamas... Could this mean that she also paints??? Perhaps the Large Vajra drawing at the SMS Bar in one of the previous episodes was made by her when she was little... :ph34r:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

I noticed that Ranka was biting what seemed to be a paintbrush when watching the news in her hippo pajamas... Could this mean that she also paints??? Perhaps the Large Vajra drawing at the SMS Bar in one of the previous episodes was made by her when she was little... :ph34r:

I think that was just a Pocky stick.

I can live with Macross Quarter.

I CAN'T LIVE WITH NUNS!!!

Oh, so

the

Macross Quarter is the SMS carrier

? Odd name, but okay...

You're kidding, right?

Seriously, what gives with all the comments on the Quarter? It's the New Macross 25 and they nicknamed it the Quarter. Does it really need to be spelled out any more than that? Or, alternatively, maybe it's not the NM 25, but SMS considers it the fleet's main battleship so they call it the Quarter to thumb their nose at the NUNS fleet? Either way, makes perfect sense to me.

This totally contradicts what we saw in Episode 4.

Considering the drop in animation quality for this episode, I'd say it's safe to assume any discrepancies such as this can be taken with a grain of salt.

Now, as for my thoughts on the episode, I'd have to say that despite the flawed animation this is my favourite episode so far. I was expecting them to rush into battle, but they really took their time, a whole episode, to build up to the battle. This episode is going to be a big part of what makes the next episode feel so epic. After all, all action with no buildup is hollow and forgettable.

Of course, it would have helped if the animation was better. I think both camps are right, at times it was the motion that was questionable, and at other times it was the drawing that was lacking. Plenty of examples of both in the episode, and you can see some of the latter in the a couple of the posted screen shots.

On the other hand, this episode's animation didn't really detract enough to ruin the build up for me, in large part thanks to some excellent directing. The whole prep and liftoff sequence for the Quarter, interwoven with the concert, was great. If they clean up the animation for the DVD/BluRay release, should be fantastic. Of course, the thing you have to remember is that next episode looks to be action packed. If the animation in this episode was lacking in order for the animators to concentrate on making next episode absolutely amazing, I think I'll be able to find it in my heart to forgive them. If not, I think that will compound the disappointment and make most people worry for future episodes.

In any case, I'm utterly stoked for the next episode. I also feel as though this episode really plowed the show away from homages to the past, and felt very much like it's own thing. Next week can't come soon enough.