New to this site But a long time macross fan

LordDremen

I just wanted to say hello to you all, and to prepare for afew pics of a VF-1S(Roy Fokker Drunk edition,lol) that I will receive in about a week :)

I just wanted to say hello to you all, and to prepare for afew pics of a VF-1S(Roy Fokker Drunk edition,lol) that I will receive in about a week :)

WELCOME!!! Say goodbye to your wallet :D .

:ph34r:

stop...

turn around...

and run...

you've been warned...

run now!

And run oh so very fast.....Macross has a way of being just like Jason Voheas(spelling). YOu may run through that damned forest as fast as you can but for some reason it keeps up with you just fine. :unsure:

You may think that it is cute that we are all telling you to run.

It is not that we do not want you here as misery loves company so you are very welcome.

it is just that we have genuine concern for you as we probably all think nostalgically about the time before we stepped into the endless abyss of macross and macross paraphernalia. A time when our every third thought was NOT about the next yamato release or that takatoku SDF-1 on ebay that we just cant live without or how awesome the last episode of Frontier was. A time when we used to eat burgers at least once a week instead of top ramen everynight. A time when it was OK to go to a bar and have a drink or two because we did not absolutely have to save up to get the rare CMS chase Hikaru in DYRL flightsuit that has a buy it now for $89 plus $30 for S&H. A time when we actually listened to people when they spoke on the phone instad of just saying, "yeah, uh huh, mmmmm, oh yeah, I know what you mean, no, really?" while really reading Macross World forums posts. A time when we used to actually work at our job and get things done because we were not on the MW forums. A time when a hot date seemed exciting (more exciting than a KURT custom 1/48 yamato).

You may have already started collecting but by being a MW member you will be fully supported and encouraged to obsess constantly about everything macross. You will find like minded people who understand your love for meltraendi women with green hair. You will find comforting comradeory with indulgent and unnecessary purchases that would make most normal people cringe.

When we say turn back now it is trying to live vicariously though the hope that it is possible to turn back at that stage and to wonder what life would be like if we did.

Maybe that is just me though.

Welcome to Macross World!

You may think that it is cute that we are all telling you to run.

It is not that we do not want you here as misery loves company so you are very welcome.

it is just that we have genuine concern for you as we probably all think nostalgically about the time before we stepped into the endless abyss of macross and macross paraphernalia. A time when our every third thought was NOT about the next yamato release or that takatoku SDF-1 on ebay that we just cant live without or how awesome the last episode of Frontier was. A time when we used to eat burgers at least once a week instead of top ramen everynight. A time when it was OK to go to a bar and have a drink or two because we did not absolutely have to save up to get the rare CMS chase Hikaru in DYRL flightsuit that has a buy it now for $89 plus $30 for S&H. A time when we actually listened to people when they spoke on the phone instad of just saying, "yeah, uh huh, mmmmm, oh yeah, I know what you mean, no, really?" while really reading Macross World forums posts. A time when we used to actually work at our job and get things done because we were not on the MW forums. A time when a hot date seemed exciting (more exciting than a KURT custom 1/48 yamato).

You may have already started collecting but by being a MW member you will be fully supported and encouraged to obsess constantly about everything macross. You will find like minded people who understand your love for meltraendi women with green hair. You will find comforting comradeory with indulgent and unnecessary purchases that would make most normal people cringe.

When we say turn back now it is trying to live vicariously though the hope that it is possible to turn back at that stage and to wonder what life would be like if we did.

Maybe that is just me though.

Welcome to Macross World!

wow that is a very good way to put it so now i'm gonna know how it feels but just not the empty wallet part lol :p

Yeah Dude, I've been here for many years now. Finding this place was like heaven, but then my obsession quickly spiraled out of control.

Its like a magnet. I know this, the 2 founders (shawn and graham) did not expect for this to take a life of its own.

I have spent over 6 grand in stuff, and I dont regret it. Wait until you see what captain America has done so far. Oh well......

Bye bye wallet.......

Which leads me to one simple question. What is it that gravitates us to this 1980's cartoon so much? I like to think that our collective interest is something other than the Star Wars and Star Trek infatuation. But sometimes I think that perhaps it is just that we are are all intrigued by other worldly civilizations. Maybe thats just me.

Anywho....

Welcome home dude!

Wow miriya! Are you a writer or somthin... That was like looking in a mirror, spooky! :blink:

Like Misterryno said "he laughs now", a wise man once said "a fool and his money are easily parted". :wacko:

Speaking of fools;

I have been hooked since I first saw it in '86 at 14, I am 36 now and am still just as pasionate about Macross. I have a pretty big collection and have spent untold thousands.... And still I come back for more. It's sad, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Hey, welcome to the club. I just joined a few months back and I already own 9 valks. (I know I know, not much by the regular collectors here) but man, it does drain my wallet to the point it tries to run away everytime I go toy shopping... :ph34r:

Wow miriya! Are you a writer or somthin... That was like looking in a mirror, spooky! :blink:

Like Misterryno said "he laughs now", a wise man once said "a fool and his money are easily parted". :wacko:

Speaking of fools;

I have been hooked since I first saw it in '86 at 14, I am 36 now and am still just as pasionate about Macross. I have a pretty big collection and have spent untold thousands.... And still I come back for more. It's sad, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.

My sentiments exactly! Especially what miriya wrote. I'm glad I'm not the only one. Suffer with us brother. Macrossitis can't be treated with over the counter medications. Only a steady flow of new Macross toys will ease the effects of the disease, but it's debilitating to your wallet. Once you satisfy your appetite somewhat, Macrossitis is a very manageable disease, but do expect flare ups from time to time when new toys are released. Just make sure your wallet is up to snuff when they are...otherwise suffer the chronic pain associated with the side of effect "I want that, but can't get it right now".

Welcome brotheren!

B))

OO

I know I sit here and read all this while supposibly trying to work and laugh and laugh and laugh. But the truth is....IT'S ALL TRUE!!! YOU ARE DOOMED!!! WELCOME once more brother. We will be here for you when you need someone to say "yeah....it's okay to buy more....we all buy more....there's no stopping it now" :lol:<_<

I will take the risk of mind and wallet loss, just to have a good place to post and view a ton of cool macross stuff.

You will regret those words lol, yes you will yes you will. I have a nice size collection ( and by nice size i mean small at only like 12 valks......for now) but i am constantly jonesin for more. After i buy one and display and pose it i look and think i need another. I am a huge max fan and finally obtained the 1/48 vf-1j max type and now i am thinking i need millia to compliment him. I didn't even like her valk that much (blue is my favorite color) but i am already makin plans to buy her, 2 SV-51, 2 VF-0s, another YF-19, and 2 YF-21s; and that list doesn't even include the new VF-1 1/60th line. And on top of all of this i am seperating from the military to go to film school in the fall so my income will drastically fall so nothing but top ramen for me but i will be Valk wealthy lol. Hmm a new phrase? Did i coin a new phrase? I hope so. May we all one day be Valk wealthy, screw everything else. Now we can ask people what their Valk net worth is.

Edited by kanedaestes

You will regret those words lol, yes you will yes you will. I have a nice size collection ( and by nice size i mean small at only like 12 valks......for now) but i am constantly jonesin for more. After i buy one and display and pose it i look and think i need another. I am a huge max fan and finally obtained the 1/48 vf-1j max type and now i am thinking i need millia to compliment him. I didn't even like her valk that much (blue is my favorite color) but i am already makin plans to buy her, 2 SV-51, 2 VF-0s, another YF-19, and 2 YF-21s; and that list doesn't even include the new VF-1 1/60th line. And on top of all of this i am seperating from the military to go to film school in the fall so my income will drastically fall so nothing but top ramen for me but i will be Valk wealthy lol. Hmm a new phrase? Did i coin a new phrase? I hope so. May we all one day be Valk wealthy, screw everything else. Now we can ask people what their Valk net worth is.

You are soooooo totally right mate. I don't even have alot of valks but because of Macross/Robotech I have dabbled into Mospeada as well....and this IS the year for Mospeada fans. And at $300 per Legioss/TREAD combo and $70 per MH Ride Armor and then another $200 per Beagle Ride Armor....I'm totally in for it. PLUS I gotsta get the VF-1S Stike Hikky V2 from the new 1/60 line. BTW.....your new phrase is the $hit!!!

lol good post Miriya

Thank you. I actually just added a link to it on my sig.

Thanks. I just felt inspired or something. (no only one beer. really)

Hey, I resemble that remark!

Graham

I bet you do, you naughty macrossian!

Suffer with us brother. Macrossitis can't be treated with over the counter medications.

That is just classic Macrossitis! LOL!

We will be here for you when you need someone to say "yeah....it's okay to buy more....we all buy more....there's no stopping it now" :lol:<_<

So true. We will miss you misterryno on your macross leave of absence. we really will.

And on top of all of this i am seperating from the military to go to film school in the fall so my income will drastically fall so nothing but top ramen for me but i will be Valk wealthy lol. Hmm a new phrase? Did i coin a new phrase? I hope so. May we all one day be Valk wealthy, screw everything else. Now we can ask people what their Valk net worth is.

Valk wealthy!! LOL!!! This has turned out to be a great couple of pages of MW fun.

LordDremen, thanks for sparking this round of gas!

Which leads me to one simple question. What is it that gravitates us to this 1980's cartoon so much? I like to think that our collective interest is something other than the Star Wars and Star Trek infatuation. But sometimes I think that perhaps it is just that we are are all intrigued by other worldly civilizations. Maybe thats just me.

Very interesting! this is worth talking about. I was a huge starwars fan (and still am) but have never joined a forum about it, nor any other forum at all other than macross world. I have often wondered what it was about macross that is so elusively intriguing. I have not found an empirical answer. So far it is one of those mysteries of life that remain unanswerable. Is it the pure genius of kawamori's design? It could not be the space exploration alone as (you mention) starwars and star trek have covered that along with many others. Is it the idea that a womans songs could save the world or the human race at least? Is it the reliving our childhood fascination with robotech or macross (for those who are more fortunate to have discovered SDFM in Japanese in the 80s)? I tend to lean to the side of it being some crazy voodo that Kawamori san's mecha designs for the VF-1 that have some magical powers or something. There have been plenty of transforming vehicles into Robots in many series in the past but somehow this one along with elegance and beauty carries some sort of magnetism. I dont know. But good question indeed!

I will take the risk of mind and wallet loss, just to have a good place to post and view a ton of cool macross stuff.

Just force some self control, I've managed to resist the temptation because I'm still holding out for M7 or VF-X releases. It may seem impossible at first but after you turn to alcohol to drown your valk sorrows everything will be just fine...

Hmm. Valks Anonymous leads to Alcoholics Anonymous. Hi my name is Travis and I am a valkohol. Because i can't afford the high prices i turned to something cheaper and easier to access. Now i am addicted to both valks and alcohol. Alcohol helps me cope with the fact that i can't afford valks or the fact that i have destroyed my life buying them. After buying them i am happy but then more come and i am depressed so my friend Jack helps me with my sorrows. Man i live on the streets now and i smell like booze but my valk net worth is around 60 so i am happy lol.