Macross Frontier Episode 5 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 5 Rating  

187 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of Episode 5

• Positive (At least the girl is attractive)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative (I would hate the taste concrete on the 1st date)

can't wait for the subbed! :)

Definitely. The raws are fun to watch, but the more character driven episodes are harder to wait for when you can only understand a random word or two at a time ...

(checks watch)

great episode, as always. :)

it was a nice change of pace to see a zentraedi community. and the interaction between alto and sheryl is captivating. while it has not yet developed fully, their chemistry strengtens my belief that they'll end up at the end. i love ranka to death, but i think it's gonna be sheryl. and sheryl is far more interesting so far (character-wise, not plot wise, coz this early we can already surmise that ranka is more important to the general plot).

hey, and i LOVE klan klein in this episode. while i found her chibi form adorable, her full zentraedi form is downright hot and beautiful. where's the klan klein love?? :)

POINTS TO AVATAR!!! :D

great episode, as always. :)

it was a nice change of pace to see a zentraedi community. and the interaction between alto and sheryl is captivating. while it has not yet developed fully, their chemistry strengtens my belief that they'll end up at the end. i love ranka to death, but i think it's gonna be sheryl. and sheryl is far more interesting so far (character-wise, not plot wise, coz this early we can already surmise that ranka is more important to the general plot).

hey, and i LOVE klan klein in this episode. while i found her chibi form adorable, her full zentraedi form is downright hot and beautiful. where's the klan klein love?? :)

Well, I'm considered myself a Klein Klan fan since Megumi Toyoguchi (Revy voice actress in Black Lagoon) is her voice actress. :) Love her voice. ^_^

I think they did, they remove the BFG.

pic:

I thought that they must have done that, otherwise it would have blasted its way out. With the way it was headbutting its way out of the tank, was anybody else reminded of Rei's Evangelion unit doing the same thing the time it went beserk with her in it and it tried to smash into a control room?

Taksraven

according to the dialogue in the show, they were in fact dissecting the vajra to obtain info about it. it uses the same energy conversion armor that the valks use, and can continually produce missile like projectiles internally. however, it has little or no brain, meaning it is either a low form of life that doesn't need a brain or it's being controlled remotely, which points to it being a biological weapon.

on an unrelated note, in the zentran mall, if alto had paper to make a paper airplane, why did sheryl need to start writing lyrics on giant panties? :huh:

according to the dialogue in the show, they were in fact dissecting the vajra to obtain info about it. it uses the same energy conversion armor that the valks use, and can continually produce missile like projectiles internally. however, it has little or no brain, meaning it is either a low form of life that doesn't need a brain or it's being controlled remotely, which points to it being a biological weapon.

on an unrelated note, in the zentran mall, if alto had paper to make a paper airplane, why did sheryl need to start writing lyrics on giant panties? :huh:

It's probably her writing medium of choice. :lol: Which begs the question, where are the other panties which she's written her older songs on? Furthermore, what happened to the giant panties after Ranka's song?

Edit: Judging from the OST list here, maybe she's writing the "Big Boys" song.

Edited by raymond

If thats the case, then the red lobster should be placed in jars. ^_^ Let see if Ranka song can still revive him at that state.

Isn't it obvious? Sheryl tossed the panties into her super-dimensional-cleavage! :D Where it could safely be contained and transported while violating the laws of reality.

No, I think Klan went home with a Sheryl signature. and her new song :lol:

Dunno why they like to slow down the speech of the Zentradi when they are full sized and in the presence of humans. Makes them sound real dopey and slow.

Finally got around to watching the raw.

A few of things:

- I think Togo was on to something when he suggested that there may be some sort of psychic link between Ranka, Sheryl and the Vajra. It tracks from Mac Zero and when Ranka sang, the tanked lobster was no where near where it could have heard it, yet reacted just the same.

- The SMS battleship is definitely NOT a standard NMC carrier as seen docked to Island 1. It looks like it's purpose is much more like the original macross, a full blown battle carrier, complete with heavy weaponry.

- The Galaxy fleet seems to be equipped with different fighters than the VF-171, not sure what they'd be though. It only feeds my suspicion that the second fighter in the sillouette of the OP is the Galaxy's SMS group's test fighter.

- I'd bet the lobsters are bio-mecha, while the hammerheads are actual mecha, going from the clanging sounds when Michel would hit one with his long range weapon. Plus, they aren't nearly as complex as the lobsters.

- The observation floor on the ceiling of the islands was a cool feature.

- With Michel seemingly making a play for Ranka, it would appear that several love triangles are in the works here.

- Ranka's song was yet another winner. The music is not forced, repetative or bland so far. I hope they keep it up!

Finally got around to watching the raw.

A few of things:

- I think Togo was on to something when he suggested that there may be some sort of psychic link between Ranka, Sheryl and the Vajra. It tracks from Mac Zero and when Ranka sang, the tanked lobster was no where near where it could have heard it, yet reacted just the same.

The lobster cannot track Ranka (or Sheryl) singing anytime anywhere, because when Ranka sang Aimo on top of that hill, there was no reaction from the captured lobster.

I'd say it's via Sheryls' earrings that the lobsters can sense their singing.

example:

i) In ep2, the lobster that was hiding was activated when Ranka ran past Sheryl at the SMS HQ. Ranka must've been singing all along but the lobster only got activated when Ranka was near Sheryl.

ii)Ranka singing at Zent city, Sheryl was there too.

PS> d/ling 'Diamond Crevasse' w/o Sheryl now ^_^

Edited by Shun

It's probably her writing medium of choice. :lol: Which begs the question, where are the other panties which she's written her older songs on? Furthermore, what happened to the giant panties after Ranka's song?

Edit: Judging from the OST list here, maybe she's writing the "Big Boys" song.

I figured she just had the shop deliver it after she finished writing. It's kinda big for her to lug around, or more likely, she would force Alto to carry it around :lol:

The lobster cannot track Ranka (or Sheryl) singing anytime anywhere, because when Ranka sang Aimo on top of that hill, there was no reaction from the captured lobster.

I think this is a little over-analyzed. The captured Vajra didn't response to Ranka singing on the hill is probably because the producers think the "awaken of the Vajra" story event isn't necessary on that episode yet.

My 2 Cents

I think this is a little over-analyzed. The captured Vajra didn't response to Ranka singing on the hill is probably because the producers think the "awaken of the Vajra" story event isn't necessary on that episode yet.

My 2 Cents

Its about consistency. Anywho, there is something else to it besides just singing.

Its about consistency. Anywho, there is something else to it besides just singing.

That's my point.

Whether it's a combined presence of Ranka and Sheryl or just an emotional response to the song they are singing, the Vajra react to much more than just a song...

As for "track" it is meant in a continuity sense, not any sort of hunting...

Edited by Zinjo

That's my point.

Whether it's a combined presence of Ranka and Sheryl or just an emotional response to the song they are singing, the Vajra react to much more than just a song...

As for "track" it is meant in a continuity sense, not any sort of hunting...

Or there is something else going on that we have yet to see.

Anyone notice the stores Stussy and True at 8:53?

These are real stores in San Fran. Go check em out. haha (think someone else pointed out the San Fran model before though)

heh in this pic thats how it really looks like in San Fran Chinatown they changed and removed a couple things though

snapshot20080501174352.jpg

saw the raw a while ago but took me forever to read all the replies, great episode, enjoying everything! now I like Sheryl a lot more than before, she's so interesting, unlike dull, traumatize, damaged cutesy Ranka.... Michael can keep her, ahahhaa!!

oh yeah, was sorely dissapointed they excluded the VF-1J...I guess they REALLY want to market frontier to the US....

Edited by Valkyrie addict

saw the raw a while ago but took me forever to read all the replies, great episode, enjoying everything! now I like Sheryl a lot more than before, she's so interesting, unlike dull, traumatize, damaged cutesy Ranka.... Michael can keep her, ahahhaa!!

Are you kidding??? Sheryl is just the typical teenage drama queen :p Nothing special about her that I've seen yet except that she can sing.

Uh guys, the VF-1J was shown in the manga after Ranka had enrolled in Alto's school. We haven't even reached that point in the show so it will probably still happen. You don't go to the trouble of making a CG VF-1 and not show it. It's like Chekov's Valkyrie.

Uh guys, the VF-1J was shown in the manga after Ranka had enrolled in Alto's school. We haven't even reached that point in the show so it will probably still happen. You don't go to the trouble of making a CG VF-1 and not show it. It's like Chekov's Valkyrie.

The manga and the anime are not 1:1. The manga is a slightly different take on the story. In the anime, they hid in the locker instead. Don't expect to see them in the valkyrie together.

oh c'mon, I preffer a woman who knows what she wants and knows what to do about it, why is she a drama queen?, she's been sorta controlling everything around her since she arrived, that's a determined women for you, I admit, she's a bit pushy, only situations she seemed to have lost control were by loosing her earing and flashing Alto, hahaha

I don't like Ranka, the girl is f*cked up, she doesn't know who she is was or wants, she's too happy and then she's too sad, seems to me like she's borderline bypolar, this kind of girls are the drama queens, I bet she makes a bit fuss now about Alto getting a kiss on the cheek from Sheryl, is not like their toguether...

sorry, I know it's just an anime, but I've met way too much girls and been lure into the cutesy aspect of them only to find out how really f*cked up they are on the inside, sheryl for me, hehehehehehehe!

Mod update

I've removed the links to the leaked versions of "Diamond​ Crevasse​' and put up links (thanks mike_s_6) to the actual release (Rapidshare coming soon). It's also up on a few torrent sites as well.

Same here!

I think I got the jist of what was going on from context, though, and I enjoyed the episode. I liked the tour of the colony ship; it was cool to take a peek at "Zentradi-Town". Speaking of Zentradi, can someone clear something up for me? Mikhail Buran is a Zentradi, right? Any explanation yet why he seems to be living life full-time as a micronized guy? KK seems pretty comfortable switching back and forth...

...Because he changes into a gorgeous blonde chic when macronized... (poetic justice!!!)

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

That's the ZENTRADI ALPHABET...

Heh. I have a small, old paperback that has the Zentradi alphabet in it...and when I first got the Animeigo DVDs, I actually paused them a couple times to see what was written on the screen...generally, it was just "ABCDE..." and I never went any further...

So how much ARE Zentradi high heels going for these days...?

Macross Frontier tiene la originalidad de la serie de 1982, al parecer muestra algo de atraccion sexual, algo que no se mostro en la serie de 1982 y rara vez en las siguientes. me gusta como los personajes demuestran ese atractivo entre ellos ademas de que se mezcla el factor de las valkyries me imagino que los siguientes capitulos nos dejaran un charco de baba en el piso, por las escenas impactactantes.

Saludos

Orlando

"Aegis Focker"

Ps, si alguien puede traducirlo al ingles. :rolleyes:

Macross Frontier tiene la originalidad de la serie de 1982, al parecer muestra algo de atraccion sexual, algo que no se mostro en la serie de 1982 y rara vez en las siguientes. me gusta como los personajes demuestran ese atractivo entre ellos ademas de que se mezcla el factor de las valkyries me imagino que los siguientes capitulos nos dejaran un charco de baba en el piso, por las escenas impactactantes.

Saludos

Orlando

"Aegis Focker"

Ps, si alguien puede traducirlo al ingles. :rolleyes:

Ok, for the ppl not versed in spanish:

"Macross Frontier has the originality of the 1982 series, looks like it has a bit more sexual content, something that wasn't present in the 1982 series, and even rarer still in the series that followed. I like how the characters show this quality - also mix in the valkyrie factoy - i imagine the episodes to come will leave a pool of drool on the floor - for the impressive scenes yet to come.

Cheers

Orlando

"Aegis Focker"

Ps, if someone could translate this into english :rolleyes:"

What are people basing Sheryl having an effect on the Varja on? Because they attacked during the Sheryl concert? Ignoring that they were already there before Sheryl started singing the Varja have been attacking anyone who comes in this direction. As shown by attacking Frontier in episode 1, the dead Zentradi ships in episode 4 and the attack on Galaxy right now and I guess you can say the disappearance of Hayase's fleet..... In episode 1 the Varja reacted to Ranka's screams, episode 2 the signing by Ranka, episode 4 one attacked during her Miss Macross performance and now in episode 5 one of them actually revived after she belted out a cover of Sheryl's What bout my star.

Anyway this was my fav episode so far in the series, loved the interaction and progress between Sheryl and Alto, they have a much better romantic chemistry together than the Alto and Ranka who have come across more as good friends so far, to me anyway. It was nice to see the return of the playful Sheryl from the first scene of the Deculture version of episode 1. Since she's a self made star whos done everything herself I think she comes across bitchy/arrogant at the concert because she expects perfection from herself and people working with her. When it comes to her music she's in "serious business" mode as shown by how she dropped everything to write lyrics as soon as she had some motivation/inspiration.

Edited by Westlo

When it comes to her music she's in "serious business" mode as shown by how she dropped everything to write lyrics as soon as she had some motivation/inspiration.

Yes on a huge pair of panties........those things must have been big.

Something i would never have thought to be seen. A Zentron/Meltron/Mircon friendly Mall....Amazing. Wish i could see the ice cream cone for a Meltron.

Great episode. Def gotta get the sub for this one.