RON5864 Macross Repair Bay Custom Diorama Set!

miriya

So when I saw RON5864's post of his Destroid kit (which is gorgeous) LINKY I had asked him what was in the background. Of course it was his scratch built macross maintenance bay which is fantastic. So I PMed him and asked if he would consider doing a commission for me.

Ever since I was a kid watching Robotech and I first saw the Robotech Factory model kit I have wanted something like this. Of course I wanted this one to house my 1/48 Yammies with my hasegawa ground crew. So I PMed RON5864 with my specifications as I wanted to have a 1/48 armored valk in the gantry bay so it needed to be wide enough. I photoshopped up a mock up by altering his original diorama. RON5864 was very obliging and and happy to build it up for me.

In this thread i will post the photos that he emailed me along the way for your viewing enjoyment. I also want to honor his craftsmanship and modeling skills by sharing his works with you here. I am very grateful to RON5864 for being so kind as to make my dream diorama come true.

Thank you RON5864!

(pics coming soon)....

So now I am in the process of getting this from Southern California to Norther California.

When it arrives here I will set it up with my half armored (urban) Milia battroid in the gantry and my Roy fighter with stealth super parts and the ground support crew and then post more pics here. That will probably be the end of next week.

Again I thank RON5864!

I'm glad that you decided to share these with everyone Miriya. It looks ABSOLUTLY FANTASTIC!!!

:ph34r:

Thanks! I have intended to share all along but I did want to wait until he was finished and also to get his approval to share before doing so, which of course he gave. I am very excited! Now I have to install that new shelf so that I will have somewhere to put this beauty!

nice!!!! bring this down with you to MW Con for everyone to "oooo!" and "ahhhh!" at... hehe....

Thanks for reminding me. I would love it if Ron5864 would come to the convention and show off some of his other stuff. He lives not far from the Long Beach and he has some things that would blow you away. RON5864, if you are watching this thread I am sure the others here would love to see your macross city diorama. Would you post it? That may be too big to bring to the con though. But if you come to the con please at least bring your awesome destroids and custom painted 1/48 valks.

nice!!!! bring this down with you to MW Con for everyone to "oooo!" and "ahhhh!" at... hehe....

I don't think they'll allow it on the plane.

I don't think they'll allow it on the plane.

"are you carrying any fire arms or bombs", "hell yeah, my fokker is loaded up with reactive armor missles and a gun pod that would put your tanks to shame!"

"are you carrying any fire arms or bombs", "hell yeah, my fokker is loaded up with reactive armor missles and a gun pod that would put your tanks to shame!"

:lol::lol::lol: You would get stripped searched in NO TIME!!!

:lol::lol::lol: You would get stripped searched in NO TIME!!!

Mmmmmm, strip search..... :lol: As long as the sexy stewardesses are doing it, may not be so bad? :blink:

But really I will not be driving down so it would be best to see if we can convince RON5864 to come to the con and bring some of his stuff because he is not so far from the venue.

Mmmmmm, strip search..... :lol: As long as the sexy stewardesses are doing it, may not be so bad? :blink:

:lol::lol::lol: Have you seen that 1985 movie "Gotcha"??? I wanna be strip searched by that one lady that strip searches Linda Fiorentino aka Sharon Brewster aka Sasha Benachec (charactor names) in that movie. :rolleyes: Not really though ^_^

April 27th finished!

Oh my DAMN! How in the hell did I miss this :blink: This is simply heart wrenching to look at! I have been wanting a set up just like this but I do not have the skills or time. OO Miriya you are one lucky mofo to have had this done. I need to contact Ron about another job. Wow!!!! I am awe-struck!

Edited by MacrossMan

Hey guys,

Thanks for the compliments and I hope you guys enjoy it. That's what it is for. Building these sets is just a blast and a way to re-create a part of my childhood. Macross toys are awesome, so I thought I had to create displays that match their quality. Plus, a set can tell a story, like a fight scene from a certain episode. This is just taking it to the next level.

And thanks Miriya for putting this up. I hope you can give the set a nice home.

I might drop by at the MacrossCon this year. Long Beach is not that far. I will see what I can bring. My little SUV should be able to carry a few items. Here's the Macross City set, as Miriya mentioned, that's sitting in my den. My friends love it; the girls question it and roll their eyes.

post-7534-1209608573_thumb.jpg

It's a big set! And it tells part of the Macross story.

When those Bandai VF-25 comes out, I might have to build a SMS hanger for them too. And another one for the Pixie Squadron's Q-rau. Maybe with giant Meltrans in the set..... :rolleyes:

I love those dioramas! The hangar is pretty sweet, and the cityscape is awesome also. I love all the little details that were put into these, like the decals and the used shells at Max's feet. Shows just how much love is put into this subject.

Edit, spelling

Edited by Rockhound

Hey guys,

Thanks for the compliments and I hope you guys enjoy it. That's what it is for. Building these sets is just a blast and a way to re-create a part of my childhood. Macross toys are awesome, so I thought I had to create displays that match their quality. Plus, a set can tell a story, like a fight scene from a certain episode. This is just taking it to the next level.

And thanks Miriya for putting this up. I hope you can give the set a nice home.

I might drop by at the MacrossCon this year. Long Beach is not that far. I will see what I can bring. My little SUV should be able to carry a few items. Here's the Macross City set, as Miriya mentioned, that's sitting in my den. My friends love it; the girls question it and roll their eyes.

post-7534-1209608573_thumb.jpg

It's a big set! And it tells part of the Macross story.

When those Bandai VF-25 comes out, I might have to build a SMS hanger for them too. And another one for the Pixie Squadron's Q-rau. Maybe with giant Meltrans in the set..... :rolleyes:

Is that a 1/90 custom TV Q-rau!?!?

Damn those are sooooooooo swwwwwweeeeeeeeeT!!!!!!

Don't you mean 1/60? :blink:

I think you are right. It does look like the yamato 1/60 Rau custom painted for TV colors. Well done by the way RON5864!

I am so happy to be the proud owner of RON5864's diorama. Should be in my hands in about 10 days!

Is that a 1/90 custom TV Q-rau!?!?

Damn those are sooooooooo swwwwwweeeeeeeeeT!!!!!!

That Q-rau is a 1/60 Yamato DYRL figure repainted into TV color. Max's VF-1A is a 1/55 Toynami repainted into the white/blue TV color scheme as well. It's too bad that Yamato does not make a TV color one for their Max VF-1A. <_<