RAH Son Goku 1/6.

quick review: this thing rocks! from head to toe, it's a perfect version of goku...comes with 8 hands in a good variety of poses, and the suit is pretty good quality. This is my first man-doll, so it took a while to get used to posing him, but once I figured out how all the joints moved, I could create some awesome poses. Comes with a stand as well, but it relaly doesn't need it, unless you want to do some crazy off balance pose.

Other details: the belt has wires in it, so you can pose it as well. looks like the top half of the outfit is separate and removeable, so you can do some muscely, shirtless goku poses if ya like.

No time to take pics today, but I'll pop a couple up later this week or early next. can't wait to have a full shelf of these guys...they really look like they were ripped right off the tv screen and dropped onto my shelf

i think ss is out in december...

did some more posing today...and apart from the hand positions, you can do all the fusion dance poses :p

only addition I wish it had is a screaming head. dragonball is all about the running and the screaming, and a good kamehameha pose would look better with a solid screaming head to go with it...same with a powering up pose.

yea, i just preordered the piccolo a couple minutes ago. Ima pick up the whole series for sure

ooh, and I did a really poor job posing him there...it's got a ton of poseability and you can REALLY crank the poses around. the shoulders in particular are really impressive, as are the ankles and wrists...it's very stable no matter how you contort the legs :)

• 1 month later...
MGS4 Raiden is the only man doll ive ever bought, but that will change if they make a SS2 version of either Goku or Gohan...

SS Goku is out around december this year. So start saving up! :p

My SS Goku is now funded from the cancelled DX VF-25 yay! Hope Vegeta is coming out May next year...

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

• 2 months later...

just got my piccolo today...REALLY nice sculpt, plus a rubber skin over the arms and shoulders so there aren't any visible joints. Limits the poseability (arms can only bend to 90degrees at the elbows), but looks great.

cape has a wire around the entire outside edge so you can pose it however you like.

Nice figure overall, although the limited arm bendiness knd of bugs me.

He's so cooL!!! These figures are pure awesome. Hope they bring out Vegeta or Krillin next.

And a young Goku! Even better a young Vegeta as well (GT), they already have a smaller figure mold with Kid Gohan.

Don't know if i'd need any others..

my list is -

Goku SS

Vegeta SS

Vegeta

Kid Vegeta (GT)

Krillin (kid or adult)

Kid Goku

My only other RAH i've got is the RAH Son Goku (Gold haired Monkey Magic) - and i'm having a hard time deciding to colour his hair black,

or leave it gold (like the series, and Forbidden Kingdom movie recently!) He's an awesome fig, perfect almost! cept the staff is easily breakable.

http://www.hlj.com/product/MEDRAH-341

Getting Iron Man Mark II Silver version, then i'm done. Until a RAH Pepper fig comes out. :o

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

yea, they really are fantastic toys!!! I've had my eye on the new gi joe ones that are coming out too, but don't know how deep i want to get into the man-doll game ;)

after i took those shots i managed to slide the arm skin down a bit as well and hide the wrist joint on the one hand...looks much better now...can't see a single joint on the thing.

Rather if i was after a Gohan fig, get his Cell saga final fight SS Gohan... now wasn't that just a brilliant showdown.

Beforehand in that series would prefer a Vegeta Final Flash RAH... ohh that would be my ultimate fav. FINALLLL F-L-A-S-H!!!!!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

i think i would be worried about the rubber on piccolos arms deteriorating as rubber tends to do? hmm. mind you the appleseed figures have same kinda stuff which i have, so hopefully thats isn't the case

Does anyone know though, Gohans arms, in several pics, dont show any articulation??? wtf? Surely it would be super articulated like the adults, right? ??

hopefully theres a pic proving he his fully artic!

i think i would be worried about the rubber on piccolos arms deteriorating as rubber tends to do? hmm. mind you the appleseed figures have same kinda stuff which i have, so hopefully thats isn't the case

Does anyone know though, Gohans arms, in several pics, dont show any articulation??? wtf? Surely it would be super articulated like the adults, right? ??

hopefully theres a pic proving he his fully artic!

Can you confirm that both the Hot toys appleseed rubber is exactly the same kind that Medicom is using for their piccolo figure? I'd like to know before I decide to buy this figure. You would think Hot toys would use something different than what Medicom uses.

Cant confirm whether the appleseed figures have the same material as picollo, as I only have the appleseeds. Was kinda hoping someone could tell me lol.

maaaaan, so gohan is a statue for 85bucks? Dunno, think i can go an easy pass on pokemon syndrome if hes not poseable! RAH to me means super poseable, more accurate representations, definatly not vintage star wars figures articulation! Sculpt looks awesome, but how is he gonna train is all he can do is stand upright and scowl straight ahead?

darn hey.

They need to check out Revoltechs or Figmas for the smaller figs. Specially Figma, they got some great ideas on how to hide joints.

Anyways! check this out DB/Z fans - Dragon Ball Kame House Money Box ' http://www.hlj.com/product/BNP45762

Gonna be great for Gashapons, and even used as a background taking photos from above with the RAH figs doing battle with each other.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

• 2 weeks later...

Son Gohan figure take part of Medicom Vinyl Collectable Dolls (VCD) and is a fixed pose figure with real clothes. The best incentive is that this VCD includes a Piccolo head without turban and new face sculpture:

post-10806-1233567239_thumb.jpg

the price is justified, but 85$ is a lot expensive, I´ve seen it by 50$ but dont remember the online store... If i found it ill post it here.

Another Medicom VCD, young Goku with its cloud, is the next (July 2009, 6825 yens):

post-10806-1233567753_thumb.jpg

http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/hobby_fighter33/article?mid=15084

Otherwise, SSGoku is on sale from January 30:

post-10806-1233567954_thumb.jpg post-10806-1233567979_thumb.jpg

and finally show you some pictures of my Son Goku:

008xq5.th.jpg 017wa0.th.jpg 022jm8.th.jpg dsc02635bu5.th.jpg

Super Saiyan Son Goku...

I don't own the regular GoKu and have only seen it in display. However, based on visual comparison, the quality of the regular one seems to be a bit better. The clothing seems sloppy and the skin complexion looks too pale. Still, I think it's a cool toy (I have low standards for toys anyway) :lol:

post-398-1233597674_thumb.jpg

post-398-1233597740_thumb.jpg