Macross Frontier Episode 4 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 4 Rating  

202 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think about episode 4?

• Positive (Go Ranka! Go Alto!)
    • Neutral/No Opinion (explain)
    • Negative (Girl can't sing and the boy can't fly straight)

It did seem that Leon made sure Ranka wouldn't win.

I didn't catch that on first viewing, but watching it again...yeah. It was clear she was going to win until Leon "influenced" the judges...CURSE HIM AND HIS FOO-FOO HAIRCUT!!!

I'm also assuming that whatever his reason was, Kathy's in on the secret as well.

And again...Alto's father..."Is that someone you know?" "No, it's not!" Grrrrr....

I didn't catch that on first viewing, but watching it again...yeah. It was clear she was going to win until Leon "influenced" the judges...CURSE HIM AND HIS FOO-FOO HAIRCUT!!!

I'm also assuming that whatever his reason was, Kathy's in on the secret as well.

And again...Alto's father..."Is that someone you know?" "No, it's not!" Grrrrr....

Kathy seemed annoyed when she saw him talking to the other judges.

It could have been just out of spite due to who her brother is or because they know something about her.

Kathy seemed annoyed when she saw him talking to the other judges.

It could have been just out of spite due to who her brother is or because they know something about her.

I interpreted her dirty look to mean that she knew that Leon was talking them out of voting for Ranka, and that she was going along with it...but that she didn't like it.

By the way, did anyone else notice that

the winner of the Miss Macross contest was contestant #9...wasn't that Minmay's number as well?

And speaking of numbers, Skull Squadron seems to have shrunk...Hikaru started as Skull 23, Alto's already Skull 4. And I guess the Illuminati is no longer in charge of Macross, or else he would've been Skull 5.

Another great one, here is some things I liked about it

1) Victory Pose!!! :lol:

2) When I saw the heart, I busted out :lol:

3) Using the old gun pod to whack vajra

4) Bouncing boobies everywhere except for... :rolleyes:

5) I wish I had a cell phone by pressing one location your whole sentence is there!!!!!!!

I

Maybe Leon knows that Lanka's singing attracts the Vajra... can you imagine what would happen if Lanka becomes Miss M?... she'd be singing every hour... by the end of the week every Vajra and their uncle would be on top of Macross:Frontier if that happened. Leon is clearly the smartest man in the shed... LOL

The VF-25 has some crazy maneuverability with even with one leg missing! Hopefully Alto will learn to use his VF without trashing it time.

So the Vajira are attacking because they want Ranka?

It did seem that Leon made sure Ranka wouldn't win.

Well, if he takes after hikaru, this will be impossible. SMS is going to have to increase their budgeting for repairs. :p

You do know that MF isn't even broadcasted in HD...all the raws are upconverted.

Um, I'd question that.

I've seen raws in 1920x1080 which IS the HDTV resolution. If anything the resolution is down converted to 1280x720 which is standard digital resolution.

If you up convert, you will get minor pixelation and dithering, which the higher resolutions didn't have and it would be 1080I, not 1080p which is noticable, particlularly on PC monitors.

If it is indeed not broadcast in 1080p, then it is certainly broadcast in digital resolution which is higher than analog's 720x480.

Maybe Leon knows that Lanka's singing attracts the Vajra... can you imagine what would happen if Lanka becomes Miss M?... she'd be singing every hour... by the end of the week every Vajra and their uncle would be on top of Macross:Frontier if that happened. Leon is clearly the smartest man in the shed... LOL

Hard to say, it may have to do with her brother and his past with Kathy Glass. Sheryl attracts the Varja as well (it seems), but they made no effort to keep her from coming aboard and singing. Miss Macross is a beauty pageant, its not like the winner goes out and starts flying around and singing in a Valkyrie.

Oooh...good point!

*hits self for not putting two and two together*

EDIT: I still hate his foo-foo haricut, though.

Edited by Gubaba

Um, I'd question that.

I've seen raws in 1920x1080 which IS the HDTV resolution. If anything the resolution is down converted to 1280x720 which is standard digital resolution.

If you up convert, you will get minor pixelation and dithering, which the higher resolutions didn't have and it would be 1080I, not 1080p which is noticable, particlularly on PC monitors.

If it is indeed not broadcast in 1080p, then it is certainly broadcast in digital resolution which is higher than analog's 720x480.

On my monitor, the 1440's looked cleaner than the 1280's. I could be seeing things, but that's how it looked to me. There may be some other factor besides resolution coming into play, I dunno. But I wouldn't bother downloading them if I didn't think the quality was better.

Exactly why was a GU-11 gunpod floating along side a dead Q-rau pilot if the wreckage is actually 7000 years old? That in itself is interesting!

I prefered this version of the story over the manga, but the lack of a known reason for a lone Vajra Lobster attacking is a bit puzzling.

Alto has stones the size of churchbells for taking on a varja with a blade, considering how much of a novice he is.

It did seem a bit odd that neither Luca or Michel were equipped with live rounds as it seemed that all they were doing was observing anyway. They were in a region where the Vajra have attacked the fleet before.

As for his fighter designation, he inherited Gilliam's fighter, so too did he inherit the number. The Skulls we saw are actually a flight, the whole squadron wasn't involved in the sorte. From what I can tell they only have 1 squadron of VF-25s aboard their ship.

Maybe there is another one, but we haven't seen it yet....

^_^

Just finished watching it,

Seeing all that Zent hardware in action again made me feel all warm and squishy inside. Loved the "My Boyfriend is a Pilot" remix. Loved the t&a in this ep.

^_^

Oh man the bouncing boobies sound effect made me laugh!

I'm not surprised they used the Mylene arrangement though, it is the most familiar to the M7 fans, there are old school fans, but they are probably closet otaku.

The face Luca made gave me the impression that he felt awkward by what Ranka was saying to Alto

Edited by Zinjo

Eh, still means nothing to me.

I guess it's a Chinese name?

What's the connection with Macross Frontier?

Graham

It's a rap group, you old fogey! ;)

Exactly why was a GU-11 gunpod floating along side a dead Q-rau pilot if the wreckage is actually 7000 years old? That in itself is interesting!

I prefered this version of the story over the manga, but the lack of a known reason for a lone Vajra Lobster attacking is a bit puzzling.

Alto has stones the size of churchbells for taking on a varja with a blade, considering how much of a novice he is.

It did seem a bit odd that neither Luca or Michel were equipped with live rounds as it seemed that all they were doing was observing anyway. They were in a region where the Vajra have attacked the fleet before.

As for his fighter designation, he inherited Gilliam's fighter, so too did he inherit the number. The Skulls we saw are actually a flight, the whole squadron wasn't involved in the sorte. From what I can tell they only have 1 squadron of VF-25s aboard their ship.

Maybe there is another one, but we haven't seen it yet....

Yeah, I think we've probably met the ENTIRE Skull Squadron by now...not as small as the original Vermillion Squadron, but close.

And are you sure it was a GU-11 gunpod...? I think it was a Zentradi rifle; Klan even talked about the superiority of Zentradi weapons when she was getting out of the Q-Rau....I think that's what she was referring to.

it was not a gu-11 it was one of the shoulder mounted canons the male battle armor has.

nevermind, gubaba beat me to it...

Edited by RichterX

Ozma gets

HIT by a stray Minmay Doll!?!?!?

I MUST see the raw NOW.

I know! That looks great! There's just no end of funny when you

start hitting

people with

pots and pans

and then

clobber them with

Minmay Dolls!!

*This post is designed to create maximum annoyance in people who don't want to highlight spoiler alerts*

It's a rap group, you old fogey! ;)

What is this "rap" you speak of?

Don't you know that the only types of music that really exist are rock, progressive rock, heavy metal and Macross music (and some 80s' pop).

Anything else only exists as a mass group delusion, sort of like any Alien movie after Aliens, or any Highlander movie after the first one! :p

Graham

What is this "rap" you speak of?

Don't you know that the only types of music that really exist are rock, progressive rock, heavy metal and Macross music (and some 80s' pop).

Anything else only exists as a mass group delusion, sort of like any Alien movie after Aliens, or any Highlander movie after the first one! :p

Graham

Oh, come ON! You need to get "down" with our "jive."

"Word up," my "brother," "word up." :p

By the way, did anyone else notice that

the winner of the Miss Macross contest was contestant #9...wasn't that Minmay's number as well?

And speaking of numbers, Skull Squadron seems to have shrunk...Hikaru started as Skull 23, Alto's already Skull 4. And I guess the Illuminati is no longer in charge of Macross, or else he would've been Skull 5.

Minmay was number 12.

Oh God no... can she do the dance?

of course she can, she can do anything.. nyan nyan dance starts now.

The Gif is 1.3 MB, of Konata doing the nyan nyan.

Click on the pic and the dance will start.

post-2743-1209092310_thumb.png

Edited by F360

My official request:

animated avatar of Alto victory pose

My boyfriend is a pilot Ranka version

Valkyrie backpack, or better a Monster backpack lol

Get rid of this spoiler stuff ^^

<-----Ignore this one ^_^

Is it just me or the SMS have a very crowded hangar there. If SMS flagship is indeed a Macross class ship they should have a spacious hangar, I wonder how many squadron SMS have.