Transformers Super Thread 7

Yeah, I don't understand the pale-blue on Ani UM... And I really don't understand how you could like Tryppy over Metroplex... I would buy Trypticon in a heartbeat if they Encore'd it, but I don't see any way it could be cooler than the Plex.

All of the Animated leader figs so far have just seemed so... dull. The designs look great at the smaller scales, but once they scale up, the big smooth expanses of plastic just look .... meh. It's all well and good, I suppose. I've been spending too much money on other stuff and can use even the slightest opportunity to not spend money :lol:

Yeah, I don't understand the pale-blue on Ani UM... And I really don't understand how you could like Tryppy over Metroplex... I would buy Trypticon in a heartbeat if they Encore'd it, but I don't see any way it could be cooler than the Plex.

Possibly UM could be pale blue or that could be one of the worst over sprays in Hasbro history! Besides was the one being reviewed already packaged and the final product? I've noticed a slight deviation in some of the animated figures paint schemes in the early ones being reviewed that are like prototypes. I hope UM will be white. Powder blue on this Magnus = no no :angry:

I just got Prowl, Sunstreaker and Octane classics....hmmmmm tough call on my favorite. Though I do have to warn people, the paint job on Prowl is fairly sloppy and it seems it's just not a select few here and there. Every single prowl I looked at over at a ToysRUs this evening had the same crappy paint job.

Lil cracks of paint following the door panels and fenders, 5 O Clock shadow on the fenders going over the wheel wells, just sloppy. However it looks okay once he's in Robot mode.

Sunstreaker is cool, but 1 gripe, no where to put his gun, and Octane is okay, but I think Astrotrain was the better triple changer so far.

Sunstreaker is cool, but 1 gripe, no where to put his gun,

I assume you mean alt mode, and yes you do. There's a slot between his legs on the underside of the car, so that the back of the gun looks like exhaust pipes.

Found Ani Leader Megs and the Classic Deluxes! I grabbed SS and Prowl for myself, and they are faaaantastic! You can tell Hasbro's learned alot from the Alternator line in making well proportioned detailed car-formers... all I've gotta say is bring on Sideswipe!

Glad to hear the new Classics are hitting more places. I'm very tempted but I'll most likely wait for the repaints as I like Silverstreak better than Prowl and Sideswipe better than Sunstreaker. I don't think I'll get Octankor, he kind of looks like butt in all three modes.

I think some people hate them just to hate something and look cool, while saying that Ultimate Bumblebee is tons better and even better than the deluxe concept camaro Bumblebee(yes people, there are a few fans like that).
Ultimate Bumblebee is a really poor man's robosapien :(

That thing is still going to be clogging shelves in 2009.

Ultimate Bumblebee is a really poor man's robosapien :(

That thing is still going to be clogging shelves in 2009.

Really? I haven't seen one on the shelf since around Xmas time. Personally I think it looks terrible and I wouldn't even take one for free, but it seemed to be a good seller around here, even at the high price point.

Edited by eriku

Guest sh002

saw animated bumblebee, starscream, optimus, grimlock, starscream, megatron, lockdown, prowl, lugnut, and optimus vs. megatron and movie deep space starscream at target. the figures are cool but i didn't buy any. now if shelves were filled with macross figures in the US, i'd load my car up with them.

My buddy scored me a Classics Prowl and Sunstreaker on his drive back from Utah.

Awesome!!

Both are really nice figures and alot more complex than the Classics 1.0

Almost like Mini Alternators.

Very good posability and detail. Prowl could use some more paint but he looks alot better in person.

If you haven't picked up any Animated toys yet, you might want to grab a Happy Meal from McDonald's before you go buy em.

According to Seibertron.com there's a Save $5 on any Transformers Animated toy purchase of 19.99 or more coupon printed on each bag

dammit, too bad I didn't know about this a few days ago when I bought leader Bulkhead and Megs from TRU <_<

post-515-1215801753_thumb.jpg

Edited by chowyunskinny

Not a bad coupon, but it looses it's luster when you factor in the cost of the Happy Meal, both to your pocketbook and to your health. :p

Yeah but when you factor in how accurate the Happy Meal figures are to the lineart, it's so worth it *sarcasm* :lol:

post-515-1215804247_thumb.jpg

Edited by chowyunskinny

Guest sh002

yeah the new classics are great. prowl looks enough like the new z to be a nice update. i hope this line continues for a while.

Yeah but when you factor in how accurate the Happy Meal figures are to the lineart, it's so worth it *sarcasm* :lol:

post-515-1215804247_thumb.jpg

Hmm...those are...well...I guess at least they're basic transforming toys and not like a ball with a picture of Bumblebee on it or a squishy Prime head that squirts water. :lol:

If you haven't picked up any Animated toys yet, you might want to grab a Happy Meal from McDonald's before you go buy em.

According to Seibertron.com there's a Save $5 on any Transformers Animated toy purchase of 19.99 or more coupon printed on each bag

dammit, too bad I didn't know about this a few days ago when I bought leader Bulkhead and Megs from TRU <_<

post-515-1215801753_thumb.jpg

Dang, I wish I would have paid attention to the bag. I bought two Happy Meals already (Starscream and Megatron), and tossed the bags.

A few days ago I got my son a Happy meal ( had prime in it...fun little toy) and I just happened to notice the coupon. Worked out great cause I finally found a Voyager prime at Target and the $5 off coupon worked nicely!!

Chris

I saw a Classics Universe Prowl last night.

I WOULD have bought it, but the paint, dear god the paint...

The front quarter panel looked like it had been smashed and glued back together. That's how rough it was.

I'm hoping it was a one-off. We'll find out when my area starts seeing supply.

I saw a Classics Universe Prowl last night.

I WOULD have bought it, but the paint, dear god the paint...

The front quarter panel looked like it had been smashed and glued back together. That's how rough it was.

I'm hoping it was a one-off. We'll find out when my area starts seeing supply.

I really hope the Silverstreak repaint isn't plagued by the same problem.

Dang, I wish I would have paid attention to the bag. I bought two Happy Meals already (Starscream and Megatron), and tossed the bags.

bummer dude!

A few days ago I got my son a Happy meal ( had prime in it...fun little toy) and I just happened to notice the coupon. Worked out great cause I finally found a Voyager prime at Target and the $5 off coupon worked nicely!!

Nice Dobber, give the Happy Mean one to your son and use the coupon to Supersize, everyone wins :lol:

Edited by chowyunskinny

Found tons of new Classics(Universe)---just no Octane/Tankor, the only current one I want. I want the NEXT waves---Sideswipe, Bluestreak, Galvatron.

PS---underside of Universe Silverbolt in jet mode: http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/PascTF/100_4465.jpg I like the B-2 on his gun though, but no way I'm paying that much for a minicon-level transformation.

And for all those who thought he wasn't nearly as bad as movie SS undercarriage-wise: http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/PascTF/100_4466.jpg

I posted this list of wanted stuff over on TFW, and figured I'd throw it up here in the TF thread in case anyone had anything for me...

I think I'm finally going to secure a Headmaster Hardhead, so that's done... here's what I am after:

TFC Kup reissue and TFC or Hasbro Stepper (loose for both is fine, I'm just going to display and play with them anyway as long as they are complete)

Slapdash gun (really want this)

Brainstorm guns (L+R) really want these too!

Blurr gun (not Targetmaster)

Misfire's Targetmaster Aimless

Galvatron orange cone

Found tons of new Classics(Universe)---just no Octane/Tankor, the only current one I want. I want the NEXT waves---Sideswipe, Bluestreak, Galvatron.

PS---underside of Universe Silverbolt in jet mode: http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/PascTF/100_4465.jpg I like the B-2 on his gun though, but no way I'm paying that much for a minicon-level transformation.

And for all those who thought he wasn't nearly as bad as movie SS undercarriage-wise: http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/PascTF/100_4466.jpg

That really sucks.

Oh, and JB0, it's okay to call (some of) the new Universe figures Classics. They're being distributed under the blanket Universe label, but they do say Classics on the box, so I gather that Classics is like a subset of Universe, so that down the line they could have Universe Beast Wars or Universe Unicron Trilogy re-hashes.

Guest sh002

i want in classics: smokescreen, red alert, the rest of the original g1 cars, thrust, dirge, the rest of the dinobots, blitzwing, and kup and blurr. all of these would go great with the ones already out.

weird though how hasbro could have easily did a special repaint for thundercracker and instead puts out acid storm.

Ahhh, Transformers and jets... never the two shall meet successfully.

Speaking of... saw an Iron Man Transformer.

Is it just me, or are there actually some panels that fold out on the underside to hide the 'bot?

Hard to tell in the package, but it'd be hilarious and pathetic all at once if Iron Man was a better jetformer than something actually DESIGNED to turn into a jet.

Oh, and JB0, it's okay to call (some of) the new Universe figures Classics. They're being distributed under the blanket Universe label, but they do say Classics on the box, so I gather that Classics is like a subset of Universe, so that down the line they could have Universe Beast Wars or Universe Unicron Trilogy re-hashes.

Dunno, really. Though the Universe-branded Robot Heroes already HAS Beast Wars in it, so they're definitely doing that.

Of course, Beast Wars is old enough to be considered "classic" at this point.

It's scary to think that the kids playing with Beast Wars toys are adults with nostalgia kicks now.

Silverbolt looks absolutely awful to me. His jet mode has a robot bolted onto the bottom of it. The robot has a jet bolted onto its back. Moviescream had some major funky undercarriage, but at least in robot mode it all came together into a pretty solid robot design that used all of its parts and had a fun transformation.

So far, the only Universe design to tickle my fancy has been Onslaught. On the whole I"m fairly disappointed with the lineup they're bringing on. Powerglide looks like he'd have a creative transformation at the very least, but his bot mode is absolutely atrocious. And again, this is coming from someone who likes movie starscream...