Transformers Super Thread 7

Found an Animated Voyager Prime to display in my cubicle at work... suddenly my weekdays are brighter. And since it's the 4th of July, I stuck a U.S. flag in his hands and he looks positively legendary. Pity I can't take a photo at work, maybe I'll get another little flag and set up a pose at home :)

I still have had absolutely zero luck finding any of the Classics 2.0 / Universe figures. Are they exclusive to (or excluded from) any particular stores? I'm a sucker for public service vehicles (police, fire, etc) like Prowl.

Classics Prowl is turning out to be a crappily painted figure. I saw some at Wal-Mart and got the best of the bunch. That doesn't really say much since all of the Prowls had some sort of paint misapplication; uneven edges, splotches on clear parts, and lumpy spots on corners. I'm not really that meticulous, but compared to the paint quality on Sunstreaker and Tankor, Prowl is in last place. The Animated Leader figures were also on the shelves, and they weren't as big as I initially thought. I just might cave and get Megs-he looked pretty good!

I just picked up a few of the Animated toys myself...So far I have aquired a Deluxe Cybertronian Mode Optimus Prime, a Voyager Cybertronian Mode Megatron and a Voyager Starscream. I must say that I like SS the most with OP in 2nd and Megs trailing behind. I don't really care for how large they made Megs cannon. I have an order in for a few more from HTS....once the Leader Earth Mode Megatron comes in I will probally sell off my current Megs. I can't say that I'm gonna go for the whole line for there are too many that I just don't care for. I will however be picking up the Leader Blitzwing for he has always been one of my fav charactors. Here's a pic of the trio...

07-06-2008-001.jpg

I also have an order in for the Japanese version of the Classics 2.0 There are quite a few of those that I would like to pick up.

:ph34r:

I will however be picking up the Leader Blitzwing for he has always been one of my fav charactors.

He's actually a voyager man. Blitzwing is the figure I am anxiously anticipating. I just need to get one to figure out if my wing sweep idea might actually be right.

Besides...I'm a sucker for all transforming jets that are F-14 inspired.

More Jets!

Funny thing, Powerglide looks inspired by Cybertron Wingsaber, which in turn was inspired by the A-10, which the original Powerglide was, and what the new Powerglide looks like an upgrade of

*head explodes*

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

Just lost an auction for a complete G1 Hardhead by a dollar... grrr I've gotta admit, I used to be a whore for all the early diaclone parts of G1, but lately I've been much more a sucker for the later run -Masters stuff...

Not that I've had a lot of time to get out this past week, but I haven't seen any sign of Classics 2.0 or Animated Leader Megatron. I was at Target last Tuesday, and Wal-Mart on Saturday. I think maybe I'll drive down to Toys R' Us tomorrow.

I swapped the hands on my leader Bulkhead for the Voyager's hands lastnight.

Not had a chance to put up any pics yet but for those of you who want two normal hands on their Leader class without buying two, this is the (slightly) cheaper option.

The hands need a little sanding but they will attach fairly securely with a little plastic cement. And the wracking ball still attaches. I've even put a metal chain on mine instead of the string. I'll put some pics up tomorrow.

Not that I've had a lot of time to get out this past week, but I haven't seen any sign of Classics 2.0 or Animated Leader Megatron. I was at Target last Tuesday, and Wal-Mart on Saturday. I think maybe I'll drive down to Toys R' Us tomorrow.

Toys R' Us trip was definitely worth it. I scored AL Megatron, and UC Prowl, Sunstreaker, and Octane/Tankor. They didn't have any Ultras or any of the other Deluxes, but they a few Legends and some of the newer Robot Heroes. I passed on all of those (and AL Bulkhead, since I think I'm just going to stick with the Voyager).

I can't wait for more of the UCs. I know I've said it before, but I'm going to say it again... yes the Animated toys are cool because they have so much personality and the cartoon is great and all, but I still like Classics better. It's the characters I grew up with, but with better toys.

I went to a TRU that had 24 Animated Leader figures on saturday, and were down to 18 by first reported sighting, when I arrived, they only had 2 Bulkheads. I heard this TRU restocked the next day but I was too pissed to even bother going back. I am waiting till Classics/Animated Leaders hit saturation before I go hunting for them again.

Some say Classics are overrated but I like them just fine. To me they are supposed to be our modern day renditions of our favorite g1 characters, and at that they excel for the most part. Some figures could have definitely been designed better(this goes for every other line too), but by all means these aren't bad figures. I think some people hate them just to hate something and look cool, while saying that Ultimate Bumblebee is tons better and even better than the deluxe concept camaro Bumblebee(yes people, there are a few fans like that).

I found TF Animated Grimlock & wave 3 over the weekend - they are all SWEET. This line keeps getting better & better!!

B))

Also saw leader class Megatron & Bulkhead, they looked smaller that I thought they would be - but passed on 'em because of budget restrictions. Am definitely getting Megatron ...

Not able to get any new TF's this weekend. The only figure around that I didnt have that was instock was Lugnut and I am just not impressed by that figure.

Stopped by my local Walmart today to pick up some shipping supplies and I just took a peak at their TF section and bam they restocked there whole animated supply along with the casual movie figures. Picked me up a Grimlock and he's one sexy beast. No animated leaders, but I did spot two supreme primes and bunch of voyagers. No prime voyage class though. Here's Grimlock himself!!!

post-5389-1215488468_thumb.jpg

Just a quick heads up on the Classics... Sunstreaker is pure awesome, Octane/Tankor looks good in bot mode, so-so in plane mode (wings are just too stubby), and like a tanker truck if the back half was made out of a plane in truck mode. I still like him. As for Prowl... he has issues. I mean, as a figure goes, he's great. His transformation is cool, his shoulder missiles transform with the rest of him so you don't lose them (but they don't fire), and he's almost spot on for IDW 350Z Prowl. His issue is that his roof, doors, and front quarter panels are all paint on clear plastic. There's no enamel over it, so it smudges, fingerprints, and makes Prowl sticky. If it weren't for that issue (and I hope they fix it before they re-release the mold as Bluestreak/Silverstreak), he'd be my favorite of the Classics 2.0. I'll probably swing by Wal-Mart or something and look for a spray enamel, since the problem's worse on the doors (which pop right off a ball joint), but I'm also somewhat tempted to see if Reprolabels doesn't release a sticker set for him. If they do that, I might paint over the "Police" and "Highway Patrol" on the doors and slap a shield sticker on him.

Leader Megatron is a solid figure. He's not nearly as shiny as the official photos make him look, although I wish his Decepticon symbol was painted. He's a little more than a head taller than Voyager Megatron, his cannon is slightly shorter than Deluxe Megatron's, and he's about the same gray, maybe just slightly lighter, than Deluxe Megatron. Transformation is ridiculously simple (much easier than any of the new Deluxe Classics) and leaves a lot of kibble on his back... but the kibble's on him in the cartoon, too, so I can't complain. My only real complaint is that, like Prowl, his canopy seems to be black paint on translucent red plastic. It's also sticky, but doesn't seem as sticky, prone to smudges, or prone to fingerprints as Prowl. It's also in an area that you don't seem to touch as much when you're playing. Also, he talks, but not with his voice from the show.

At the end of the day, I do like the Animated toys. A lot. They're especially refreshing after the movie toys, which in hindsight I kinda dislike except for Barricade, Ratchet, and Starscream. And there's some Animated toys I'm definitely still want for my collection. But I'm not as psyched for them anymore now that the first Classics 2.0 figs have hit. Instead, I find myself longing for Ironhide and Galvatron. And especially Unicron.

Yeah, you heard me right. Apparently Armada Unicron is going to get repackaged with a Universe Classics box. And since I didn't get back into Transformers until Classics (another reason why I'm so fond of them, maybe?), Unicron's high on my list of most-wanted Transformers.

At the end of the day, I do like the Animated toys. A lot. They're especially refreshing after the movie toys, which in hindsight I kinda dislike except for Barricade, Ratchet, and Starscream. And there's some Animated toys I'm definitely still want for my collection. But I'm not as psyched for them anymore now that the first Classics 2.0 figs have hit. Instead, I find myself longing for Ironhide and Galvatron. And especially Unicron.

Yeah, you heard me right. Apparently Armada Unicron is going to get repackaged with a Universe Classics box. And since I didn't get back into Transformers until Classics (another reason why I'm so fond of them, maybe?), Unicron's high on my list of most-wanted Transformers.

!

My Primus will have something to do other than play with his Micromaster pets!

Leader Megatron is a solid figure. He's not nearly as shiny as the official photos make him look, although I wish his Decepticon symbol was painted. He's a little more than a head taller than Voyager Megatron, his cannon is slightly shorter than Deluxe Megatron's, and he's about the same gray, maybe just slightly lighter, than Deluxe Megatron. Transformation is ridiculously simple (much easier than any of the new Deluxe Classics) and leaves a lot of kibble on his back... but the kibble's on him in the cartoon, too, so I can't complain. My only real complaint is that, like Prowl, his canopy seems to be black paint on translucent red plastic. It's also sticky, but doesn't seem as sticky, prone to smudges, or prone to fingerprints as Prowl. It's also in an area that you don't seem to touch as much when you're playing. Also, he talks, but not with his voice from the show.

Does he have ratchets and are his arms prone to looseness, especially his gun arm? This is important to me, as one of the main reasons I like voyager Megatron so much is that he has ratchets all over the place.

Unicron is a decent figure. Great bot mode, so-so transformation, and decent alt-planet mode. You can attach like 25 mini-cons to him as well. I got him a few years back for a decent price from eBay. Tough to display in planet mode though. I believe some fans made a custom stand for it too.

Found the pic of the Universe reissue:

post-3878-1215495731_thumb.jpg

Stopped by my local Walmart today to pick up some shipping supplies and I just took a peak at their TF section and bam they restocked there whole animated supply along with the casual movie figures. Picked me up a Grimlock and he's one sexy beast. No animated leaders, but I did spot two supreme primes and bunch of voyagers. No prime voyage class though. Here's Grimlock himself!!!

Man, that Grimlock looks badass. Nice :)

Does he have ratchets and are his arms prone to looseness, especially his gun arm? This is important to me, as one of the main reasons I like voyager Megatron so much is that he has ratchets all over the place.

Yeah, he has ratchets all over the place. They're actually tighter than Voyager Megs. For me, that's a plus, as my Voyager Megs was a little on the floppy side.

While he's only a a head or so taller than Voyager Megatron, he's much larger in alt mode, and he just feels all-around more sturdy. And while I'm not usually one for light-up and sound gimmicks, Megatron's isn't too bad. I could still do without the light-up part, but the sound's pretty cool. The toy knows whether it's in bot mode or alt mode. If it's in bot mode, you get and evil laugh or "Crush the Autobots." When you clip the cannon in place going to alt, mode, it makes the transforming sound. It makes helicopter sounds in alt mode, then when you move the cockpit back onto his back going back to bot mode, you get the transforming sound again. All-in-all, if you're only going to get one Megatron toy, Leader Megatron's the one to get.

Hey, grabbed the new classics 2.0s. Sunstreaker is my my fav of the bunch. He channels the character he was based off of so well, though I would have preferred a hood foot design, but with the angle they are taking with the two brothers being the same mold transformed differently its a compromise I'm willing to live with.

WOW, he is horribly mistransformed in the package pics. Damn you. Now I must own one.

Oh you bet he is. This is what he looks like on the packaging, and which is what I expected.

CIMG1167.jpg

I was jumping for joy when I found "step 16" in the instructions. It improved the figure 10 fold. It's funny, because step 16 in the instructions shows how the upper shoulders rotate out from the tank treads but in the very next frame they forget they did that step and show what you see above as the finished mech mode. BBTS is also using this mech mode in their product listing as I suspect lots of online stores are because, sadly, it's official Hasbro product photography. Not the first time it's happened, nor will it be the last.

CIMG1162.jpg

I'm dissappointed that it's sounding more and more like the Classics Unicron that's coming out is completely unchanged from the original. I would have loved to have seen more G1 detail or to at least remedy the clear plastic parts so they're not so translucent. Unicron.com made a stand for Unicron, but honestly, it's crap and can't support the weight of the figure unless you use an obscene amount of gorilla glue to hold it together. I'm currently using it for my Darth Star. Unicron has a flat surface a little towards the front of his planet mode that you can use to set on top of something clear which will also give you clearance for the planet ring too. I'm currently using one of those clear container boxes that you can buy at Staples and the like. It'll angle the planet downwards a bit, but if you have him sitting on a higher shelf, that's a good thing.

CIMG1158.jpg

I'm really hoping Classics Galvatron will fit in in the above pic. Some of the online pics I've seen of him so far have made him look like a pretty small deluxe.

I'm done posting pics for a while, I promise. :)

I GOT MY ENCORE OMEGA SUPREME!!!!! This toy is so the tits it's not even fair! Took me like an hour to apply all the stickers, but this has got to be the most fun motorized toy ever! I really like the face bit they added alot as well... the arms could have tighter ratchets due to the heavy grey parts, but otherwise he kicks major butt.

I'm still debating on encore OS. I mean, I had the original---but I frankly don't really remember him---despite his size. So maybe he wasn't that great? As opposed to Trypticon, which is the toy I want most of all from my childhood. Trypticon just ROCKS. (Metroplex is so inferior to Trpyticon it isn't even funny IMHO).

But OS? I think I'll buy MP Megs instead. Unless somehow, OS is actually really cool, and I just couldn't appreciate him when I was 7...

PS---Animated UM is PALE BLUE instead of WHITE? Deal-killer for me, sorry. That just screws up everything. Also, the "thumbs don't match the fingers" just looks stupid, as does the "not quite closing" flaps on the rear in vehicle mode. So close, yet "stupid little errors" crept in. I was almost going to buy him, but not for 40 bucks now. And the "likely Japanese version that's WHITE" will be too expensive to be worth it.

Magnus=white and blue, not two-tone blue. BLURR is two-tone blue.