Transformers Super Thread 7

That story is frakking ridiculous ... how could a graphic of a toy robot holding a gun on a t-shirt be offensive to someone??

Especially from one of the highest grossing movies from last year??

WTF?????

:o :o :o

Edited by Vermillion21

Should a separate movie thread be started? The main TF sites are 50% movie rumors now. And I personally don't want ANY movie spoilers in this thread.

Related note: Anyone heard any toy rumors for known movie characters for next year? Like Prime and BB? I would love a $100 (or even more) "amazingly perfect" movie Prime. And at least a $20 Barricade and $40 BB. (As in, good/accurate transformations---not another Supreetor/UltimateBB debacle) I've heard we're getting all-new toys, and that's to be expected--no one's going to buy the same molds AGAIN with even more "slight repaints".

That story is frakking ridiculous ... how could a graphic of a toy robot holding a gun on a t-shirt be offensive to someone??

Especially from one of the highest grossing movies from last year??

WTF?????

:o :o :o

Maybe it wasn't the gun.... somebody may have objected to the flames on Prime? :mellow:

I suppose we could have a second movie thread... I personally don't want to hear ANYTHING about the upcoming atrocity. All I know is I'm sick of sifting thru casting rumours on TFW... noone at all cares about the friggen TRANSFORMING ROBOTS that are supposed to be in the film at this point.

I still haven't seen Premium BB, but I did find the deluxes and Megs/Prime 2-pack Animated stuff today. Snagged BA. Debating on Prowl and Ratchet--waiting for more reviews. (Namely, Dave Van Domelen's--he seems to have very similar likes/dislikes in a TF as I do, so I take his opinion pretty highly)

Man, I swear, everywhere's starting to get Animated toys but here. Hasbro should just lift the street date that apparently only Western PA follows.

Too bad my buddy doesn't live in Cleveland anymore. I bet there's tons of Animated toys on the shelves at the Wal-Marts out there.

I suppose we could have a second movie thread... I personally don't want to hear ANYTHING about the upcoming atrocity. All I know is I'm sick of sifting thru casting rumours on TFW... noone at all cares about the friggen TRANSFORMING ROBOTS that are supposed to be in the film at this point.
Besides the fact your statement is inaccurate, in the absence of robot news earlier on, people talked about about the confirmed news of human actors being cast or returning from the last movie because it was the only news available, or it was the latest news.

What in the heck are people supposed to do, totally ignore those news items?

Edited by Fit For Natalie

noone at all cares about the friggen TRANSFORMING ROBOTS that are supposed to be in the film at this point.
I do.

Friggin' Jetfire as an SR-71? Fu*ck yea man.

Man, I swear, everywhere's starting to get Animated toys but here. Hasbro should just lift the street date that apparently only Western PA follows.

My area isn't. All the stores are by the book in my area....which sucks for me, and it doesn't help that we don't get stuff til much later. Damn east coast man.

Related note: Anyone heard any toy rumors for known movie characters for next year? Like Prime and BB? I would love a $100 (or even more) "amazingly perfect" movie Prime. And at least a $20 Barricade and $40 BB. (As in, good/accurate transformations---not another Supreetor/UltimateBB debacle) I've heard we're getting all-new toys, and that's to be expected--no one's going to buy the same molds AGAIN with even more "slight repaints".

I haven't heard a thing but I'd love to see truly "Ultimate" verions of Prime and Starscream. Masterpiece versions, whatever, those 2 deserve it. Starscream at least needs a Leader figure and kibble-less F-22. He is a plane, the best thing in the USAF so far at that, and a top character not only to old fans but movie fans. Its brand recognition, modernization, and current technology smacked into one. There is no way to go wrong. Give the sonova-bitch a Leader Class figure at least. I don't expect previous movie toy repaints unless they are exclusives. Jazz definitely needed a better toy, same with Barricade. Megatron needs a better character design(I find the toy's faults lay mainly in the character design's faults). No gimmicks that interfere with articulation(Barricade), no proportions/sculpt that hinder movement(move leader prime's calves, Jazz' calves).

Too bad my buddy doesn't live in Cleveland anymore. I bet there's tons of Animated toys on the shelves at the Wal-Marts out there.

Don't feel bad, I live in Spokane,WA and nobody has them here, either.

Where in western PA? I'm originally from Ridgway in Elk County.

I heard hasbro and the movie people making the new robot designs are working closer togeather for this movie.

Heh heh---hopefully that means "less jagged" movie bots, as opposed to "more broken-up" toys...

Greensburg, Westmoreland County. About an hour east of Pittsburgh.

Hey LA area peeps.

Went to Frank and Sons for the first time in months yesterday & the Transformers Animated deluxe and voyager figures seemed to be readily available.

Deluxes were running from 13-15 bucks depending on the booth.

I would've picked some up, but my pre-orders from BigBad just arrived in stock.

Edited by chowyunskinny

Heh heh---hopefully that means "less jagged" movie bots, as opposed to "more broken-up" toys...

+ Kibble-less, sleeker, Starscream!

One thing I want, is metallic paintjobs from the getgo. If Jazz is back in a shiny solstice or new car, I want the first toy to be shiny and metallic, not have to wait for a "Premium" version towards the end of the line.

*If there is to be talk of Transformers 2 I would like SPOILER TAGS or a seperate thread*

In toy hunting good news I got

Voyager Cybertron Megatron. Pretty cool. Wish the arm cannon was held better though

Voyager Grimlock. My brother found the only one in Tucson that I know of. Pretty awesome and definatley the best Grimlock to date.

Deluxe Black Arachnia. Pretty much the best one made of her. Nice in both modes and I can just see the BW season 1 repaints coming for a Botcon or SDCC set.

Deluxe Cybertron Optimus Prime. I was gonna pass on this guy. I mean I really want the Voyager one. After my friend bought my the Cybertron Megatron I figured I should get this Prime to square off.

Seriously one great figure and I am glad I got him.

SO far Animated is blowing me away. Best line since BW Transmetals for me.

Picked up everything but Bulkhead, I kind of like the two pack, but it's sort of like having another of the classics version....so it's decent but not perfect.

Prime is basically just a retool and slight mold change to the Cybertron with a spring loaded mid section.

I wouldn't get too excited, according to the writers, there are supposed to be

10 robots on each faction, some with "more screen time than others" - so Jetfire might be on screen for like 2 mins .....

:ph34r:

Picked up everything but Bulkhead, I kind of like the two pack, but it's sort of like having another of the classics version....so it's decent but not perfect.

Prime is basically just a retool and slight mold change to the Cybertron with a spring loaded mid section.

I believe the 2 pack deluxe class Earth Prime is one of those 'similar engineering, different toolings' deals, because all of his arts are different.

Deluxe Cybertron Optimus Prime. I was gonna pass on this guy. I mean I really want the Voyager one. After my friend bought my the Cybertron Megatron I figured I should get this Prime to square off.

Seriously one great figure and I am glad I got him.

That is a surprisingly great figure, you can get him in dynamic poses, and he can hold his axe with 2 hands. Very impressed with that figure.

I want that set, because its basically G1 Prime and Megatron in animated style. To me, they as characters, are not the main Prime and Megaton of the series.

I was hesitant to pick up Bulkhead but ended up very glad that I did. I decided that the ball gimmick was integral to the character, and man what a figure this is! Articulation is great, transformation is impressive, and the wrecking ball gimmick is neat. Wish it shot out with more power though. The right arm gimmick is weird. Its actually one of my favorite animated figures now.

I didn't like Lockdown as much as everyone else does, Ratchet is great, Black Arachnia is decent, and Starscream is awesome as I expected it to be. Transformation is neat on Starscream, it basically automorphs itself into robot mode.

Looking forward to the 2 pack, Voyager Megatron, Grimlock, Lugnut, and Prime. August will be great with Leaders Bulkhead and Megatron.

Doesn't look like it :(http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/06/06/transf...ealed-days-1-5/ Can someone tell me where the hell the wheels are? I really liked the movie but I'm still not a huge fan of the bot designs and find it impossible for the bots to transform into their vehicle mode without alot of "MAGIC"

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Doesn't look like it :(http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/06/06/transf...ealed-days-1-5/ Can someone tell me where the hell the wheels are? I really liked the movie but I'm still not a huge fan of the bot designs and find it impossible for the bots to transform into their vehicle mode without alot of "MAGIC"

Chris

That's just one of Arcee's concepts from 2005 - hence 11.15.05 on it. It's what the Movie Arcee toy was based upon.

Hey, if you live in Spokane, and dont mind a little road trip, the Walmart in Colville, Wa which is north on 395 has a bunch of deluxe Animated TF's and Voyager class Megatron and bulkhead. If I were rich, I would have nabbed all the deluxes they had.

Twich

I caught an Animated BumbleBee yesterday, I am really digging the figure, there is something about the cartoonish appearance of the figure that I really like. I probably will be grabbing others as the opportunity present, when I went to check out the store on sunday they had ratchet, blackarachnia, lockdown, cybertron mode optimus, Starscream, cybertron mode Megatron and Bulkhead when I went again on Monday they had Ratchet, Blackareachnia, Lockdown, Bulkhead and the one Bumbleebee which i grabbed. Interesting thing the Autobot insignia in it's chest is misprinted and it is silver instead of the red with white background.