Transformers Super Thread 7

Thanks for the heads up on the Ultra Magnus upgrade armor Alpha OTS ... I placed my pre-order with BBTS this afternoon after I read your post. Now their pre-order is sold out.

FYI: Digital Toys has it for pre-order, in case others are interested:

http://www.digital-toys.com/transformersclassic.html

And have you heard, Hasbro is releasing 6" Titanium War Within Grimlock & Prowl as TRU exclusives???

Awesome news. Although, I'll probably have to get them from scalpers online, since I never see anything at TRU.

http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/default...5BE7604DC0B8D78

Edited by Vermillion21

Hasbro loves our wallets, our bank accounts and our credit cards. They also love the loose change under the cushions of your sofa...

And just a few weeks ago I recieved an email from Hasbro with detailed directions to all the local plasma donation clinics.

I think this just may be my favorite year so far for Transformers, wheras last year was one of the darkest for me (I liked some of the movie toys but overall it nearly killed my TF interest entirely). Sure, Alternaters and Classics were great, but the sheer amount of awesome TF toys looming on the horizon like a big tidal wave ready to wash out my bank account is almost awe-inspiring. It's like five years worth of good TF toys compressed into six months. :wacko:

I ordered from BBTS. I just don't want to be bothered with the Aussie place, too new for me. I HAVE to guarantee that this piece is reserved for me. I just hope that I did it in time.

Thankyou for this custom company doing what Takara and Hasbro can't do with the MP series. Finally got a better meaner looking and posable Ultra Magnus! Now I can say that he was work buying in that two pack!

Edited by kensei

And just a few weeks ago I recieved an email from Hasbro with detailed directions to all the local plasma donation clinics.

I think this just may be my favorite year so far for Transformers, wheras last year was one of the darkest for me (I liked some of the movie toys but overall it nearly killed my TF interest entirely). Sure, Alternaters and Classics were great, but the sheer amount of awesome TF toys looming on the horizon like a big tidal wave ready to wash out my bank account is almost awe-inspiring. It's like five years worth of good TF toys compressed into six months. :wacko:

They pay you to donate blood? I thought it was a good samaritan thing?

According to a fan who chatted to some of the Hasbro designers, they said that due to the orders from on high that Universe be a vehicles realism line (to continue on with the theme from the Movie), they have to slowly sneak in characters from Beast Wars for the 25th Anniversary. Beast Machines will be especially difficult because there's nothing remotely realistic in that series, so we might only see Jetstorm and/or Tankor.

There's going to be more stuff to be revealed at San Diego ComicCon, and the line will include stuff from RID and G2.

Blood donation is a good samaritan thing, but plasma they pay for. Probably because it's not just removal, but also reinsertion (they pump saline back into you after they remove the plasma from the blood). *shudder*

It'll be interesting to see how the BW and BM stuff sells in todays market. I don't personally care for most of those toys, but It's awesome that the fans are getting a bone thrown to them, even if it is a tiny one.

Yeah in America that do that. Not like here in Stingey AUS. Also, if you qualify, they even pay you to donate your seeds.

Sure, Alternaters and Classics were great, but the sheer amount of awesome TF toys looming on the horizon like a big tidal wave ready to wash out my bank account is almost awe-inspiring. It's like five years worth of good TF toys compressed into six months. :wacko:

QFT ....

:)

I am soooo thankful that my TF interest as an adult collector began about 2.5 years ago, a full year before all the TF movie hype. So I was able to buy numerous TFs on eBay for semi-relatively decent prices ... now many prices are much higher.

:ph34r:

They do that here too :p though I haven't been deserpate enough for cash to jerk in a cup......don't think I'd ever do that.

While it's all so cool that Magnus finally gets some armor to complete him....80 dollars is just to too high of a price tag.

Some I know would say "K'mon man it looks so sweet! Don't bash it!" It does look good, and I'm sure to some it's worth almost 100 bucks.

But not for a toy.

Yeah in America that do that. Not like here in Stingey AUS. Also, if you qualify, they even pay you to donate your seeds.

In Aus, do they actually protect your annonymity if you donate seed? They used to in the US, but there have been a few court cases where the moms successfully sued donors for child support.

Blood donation is a good samaritan thing, but plasma they pay for. Probably because it's not just removal, but also reinsertion (they pump saline back into you after they remove the plasma from the blood). *shudder*
Ahh, I'm okay with that. I dealt with that everyday a few years ago when I was in hospital for a couple of months. The good thing that came out of it is that I fear needles far, far less now.

Glad I got my Magnus preorder in so quickly... but I can't help but think that it would have cost closer to $50 if they'd included a gun he can actually hold instead of that silly thing...
They said that the final version will be able to hold the gun without additional support.

I'm just wondering how the UM armor/trailer will look with Prime. I don't have Classics UM, nor do I plan to get one, but I'm tempted to get the UM armor for Prime.
In the new pics there's colour guides of both Prime and Magnus using the armour. Prime looks quite decent with it. Edited by Fit For Natalie

Did anyone get the Classics Cliffjumper upgrade kit? Was it any good? I've heard it goes for a fair amount on eBay.

The UM upgrade armor is made by the same guys, right?

Just curious.

I heard it was pretty good. The reason it goes for alot of money is because they only made about 300 of them.

Yeah, the Magnus set is from the same guys. From what I've heard of their Starscream coronation set, the plastic used is about as good as what you get from normal toys.

Edited by Fit For Natalie

I'm just wondering how the UM armor/trailer will look with Prime.

Judging by that box art, he'll look like Ultra Magnus. :) Not seeing a huge difference between the two based on that pic, which is pretty cool and good business sense that it's like that, imo, because then those without a White Prime can still have an Ultra Magnus.

Some posters at the Allspark had pointed out that there wasn't enough mass in the armor to compensate for the mass in the trailer. Looking at that ginormous gun in that pic above for the first time, looks like they were right. Not really liking the gun so far. I'm hoping it gets a fantastic paint job and/or there's another transformation step to collapse the size of it. Still not a dealbreaker for me.

You know what would be cool, if they thought ahead enough to at least have peg holes on the sides of shoulder armor so you can peg in G1 Magnus missile launchers.

It's simply impossible to see Animated Mixmaster and NOT think he's showing a crack:

http://bp1.blogger.com/_PX0o2_aJqt0/SBdp5p...00-h/Teaser.jpg

Swindle's head is so G1 it's scary, and now we have proof of Skywarp AND Thundercracker. When's the last time we had all 3 seekers?

Speaking of Animated, did anyone else catch the last episode "Mission Accomplished"?

It was bad ass

We got to see a Ironhide Cameo.

And the Undead Starscream scenes rocked! Loved how they kept showing his persistence and time after time Megatron just decimated him.

It reminded me of the old Dragon's Lair cartoon where they would show the "What If" ways Dirk would take a dirtnap depending on his choices.

The shards of Allspark seems like it's going to be a race to collect the pieces, kind of like how it was a race to find protoforms in Beast Wars.

All in all, I'm really really liking this show and can't wait for the toys.

But Sentinel Prime is a punk. I hope Megatron extinguishes his spark.

In Aus, do they actually protect your annonymity if you donate seed? They used to in the US, but there have been a few court cases where the moms successfully sued donors for child support.

Last time I checked, it was still on the table. There have been a few stories of those that are of legal age to be able to access information to find their biological father.

Why? Hoping to remain anonymous and get cash at the same time? :p

With regards tot he UM Armour, they've really made it worth it with the accessories and comics. That gun though, I dunno how practical that is.

Well, I ASSUME I got my preorder in and all is well, but I can't wait to see how it is going to work out on the armour.

Last time I checked, it was still on the table. There have been a few stories of those that are of legal age to be able to access information to find their biological father.

Why? Hoping to remain anonymous and get cash at the same time? :p

With regards tot he UM Armour, they've really made it worth it with the accessories and comics. That gun though, I dunno how practical that is.

Well, I ASSUME I got my preorder in and all is well, but I can't wait to see how it is going to work out on the armour.

well, university was pretty expensive... ^_^

My one dissapointment is the lack of shoulder missile launchers.

Me too, but the Classics have doubled the firepower anyway with his two guns, so I'm fine with it. And now this friggin huge cannon from the bloody trailer.

Yep got my preorder in lastnight when I got home....so I'm crossing my fingers that I actually got it. I heard TFSource charges you on preorders so I didn't go with them.

Although honestly, paying 80 bucks is really just to much even for an accessory....if it's to complete Magnus I guess it's justified. I got him infront of me to celebrate lastnight and I'm sure he's feeling a little cold and clonish.