Transformers Super Thread 7

The funny thing is, I was thinking about getting some of the Cybertron Scout repaints that Target's been selling in the movie line and repainting them as Ironhide, Hound, and Seaspray. Now Hasbro's gone and made two of them for me. I'm telling you, if I could just get Jazz and Wheeljack in Universe, I'd have all the Autobots I want.

Cyclonus is a welcome addition to the Decepticon ranks, but I still want the rest of the Seekers, Scourge, Shockwave, Blitzwing, and as long as we're talking repaints, maybe Swindle as a repaint of Hound.

Well, Classics 2 looks like a win to me. And a big fat lose for my wallet.

QBeeeert. QbertQBertQBertQBERT!

I may have to buy the G1 Prime reissue.

I DO have one of the umpteen-bajillion prior reissues, but it's the G2 one with the black trailer.

And waitwaitwaitwaitWAIT.

I admit I haven't been keeping close tabs on the line, so everyone else probably knew it was coming, but...

Animated Ultra Magnus isn't an Optimus Prime repaint? Isn't this one of the signs of the apocalypse?

After years, we finally get an Ultra Magnus not compromised in either mode for a combining gimmick! Fully articulated, and with good proportions too.

The Animated figure I look forward to most is Earth Megatron, but this might change once Magnus hits retail.

Silverbolt's alt mode reminds me so much of the Night Raven...I dub it the WHITE RAVEN! :lol:

In my Classicsverse he is a high speed interceptor/stratobomber

The release date for the Target exclusive Universe comic 2 packs is 11/23/08. Damn thats a long wait!

I dunno if it's been mentioned already, but it's been confirmed that the next Masterpieces are Grimlock and Thundercracker.

Hopefully, pics will be able to be found soon of them.

I dunno if it's been mentioned already, but it's been confirmed that the next Masterpieces are Grimlock and Thundercracker.

Hopefully, pics will be able to be found soon of them.

That's really been confirmed and is no longer rabid wishful thinking?

Cool. Kind of negates Mustang Grimlock then though.

That's really been confirmed and is no longer rabid wishful thinking?

http://tformers.com/transformers-botcon-20.../9352/news.html

*yawn* ^_^

TFormers talked to the Takara representatives at BotCon about the possibilities of seeing releases of Masterpiece Grimlock and Thundercraker. The reps said the figures are in the planning/production stages and it is a matter of when, not if, they will be offered for release. No word was given of when that would be, though.

:D

Cool. Kind of negates Mustang Grimlock then though.

Was Grimmy as a car really cool anyway? :huh:

Edited by kensei

The new Classics look great. I agree that Silverstreak deco looks better than Prowl.

Silverbolt is pretty lazy with the "jet-on-my-back" half-assed transformation. I'll have to see that one in person to decide if I like it enough to buy, since it'll be an Ultra-scale and more expensive.

I'm very interested in the Animated Ultra Magnus. Sweet.

Probably a joint project between the two, since Grimlock is the MP Hasbro wants done (most of Grimlock's popularity comes from the Marvel comics, which Japan never recieved) and Hasbro seemed to indicate that MP Thundercracker is on the cards next year.

I just hope it's not a Walmart exclusive thing again. I WAS fortunate to find one but it was the only time I ever saw one at any of my 4 area Super-Walmarts!!! Yet it seems that other areas of the country were saturated with them. Freeking sucks!

Chris

Hasbro designer Q&A panel

The big surprise was 25th Anniversary Armada Hot Shot as an all-new sculpt. No axlezooka gimmick.

Now, before you guys get all upset, Hot Shot was the iconic character of Armada and was very popular amongst kids in what was a very successful toyline. Only fitting that he be one of the representatives of that era for the 25th Anniversary line.

I just hope it's not a Walmart exclusive thing again. I WAS fortunate to find one but it was the only time I ever saw one at any of my 4 area Super-Walmarts!!! Yet it seems that other areas of the country were saturated with them. Freeking sucks!

Chris

I edited my comment. Turns out both companies are doing things seperately again, so Grimlock is on Hasbro's shortlist, and if Takara makes it first, then Hasbro will just release that.

Now, before you guys get all upset, Hot Shot was the iconic character of Armada and was very popular amongst kids in what was a very successful toyline. Only fitting that he be one of the representatives of that era for the 25th Anniversary line.

Meh.

Or should I say......JaAm?

I never saw one. no real surprise. My area's not big on Transformers, so they get a relatively small amount of shelf space.

More good news. The Classics Ultra Magnus armor kit is up for pre-order at BBTS for $76.99. I expected it to go for $100+ considering it's a fan kit. This company also made the Cliffjumper head, bumper, and cannon set for Classics Cliffjumper.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...amp;mode=retail

"This amazing new parts set for use on the Classics Ultra Magnus figure is limited to only 2000 pieces! Each piece is individually numbered and will be nicely packaged. The trailer itself transforms into armor for Ultra Magnus and features a high level of detail.

Please Note: The images currently used are of an unpainted prototype. The completed product may vary, and it will be fully painted in the G1 Ultra Magnus paint scheme."

Now, before you guys get all upset, Hot Shot was the iconic character of Armada and was very popular amongst kids in what was a very successful toyline.

Who cares, the character design wasn't too bad, but the toy sucked. This time around the toy has hopes of turning out great, and thats what most of us here care about. Something like a character receiving a much better toy years later doesn't upset us, unlike having a character long awaited and expected that turns out to be an expensive con exclusive that a good number of fans cannot have.

Now if they are going to give him a do-over, they should redo Armada leader Prime, Starscream, and Megatron. All 3 had compromised toys(leader, maxcon, ultra con or whatever the hell those sizeclasses were), yet great character designs.

Not to mention they are incarnations of timeless fan favorites who have brand recognition, more so than Hot Shot.

I like the concept of fan favorite characters having all new toys for the 25th anniversary. Looks like Hasbro is doing for Transformers, what they did for G.I. Joe last year.

I never saw Masterpiece Starscream. Between two regular WalMarts, and a super WalMart, never saw a single damned one. They wouldn't let you order one through the website, either. Did the Japanese version with the cartoon colours ever come out yet? I may have to track down one of those. Might be my only chance at an MP Starscream.

Ah, nevermind. Got to thinking about it, so checked the usual suspects and ordered one from BBTS. Still wish they'd released a fixed version of the original Takara colour scheme.

Still, happy to hear I might be able to round out my seekers in the future. Also looks like a couple repainted Alternators are on the way. An Arcee, at least.

Edited by Radd

Was Grimmy as a car really cool anyway? :huh:

A pretty fantastic toy, and despite being a car he still looked like Grimlock.

Not to say an MP Grimlock won't be great, too.

Naw, but the chinese custom markers are making them for North American online shops only, though.

They will also be available from the same global online fan communities and that the Cliffjumper set was as well. Including the Australian one.

Hasbro designer notes and stock photos of Fracture, Breakaway and Crankcase.

As Hasbro hates foreigners, non-Americans will have a hard time accessing the main site and instead be redirected to their local national version of Transformers.com, which won't have this news page. Likely even if you got to the page, they won't let you look at the pics, either. Jerks.

Decepticon Fracture

Dedicated to MEGATRON and the DECEPTICON cause, DECEPTICON FRACTURE is a dangerous enemy. She is totally fearless, and probably a little bit crazy, as she dives directly into any battle, regardless of the odds. Although she carries a powerful negative energy blaster, she prefers to use the seismic energy dischargers on her feet to smash the surrounding earth to pieces. Any battlefield on which she walks shudders with the force of her steps.

DECEPTICON FRACTURE was inspired by the female Gobot Crasher, but the name was changed to DECEPTICON FRACTURE when Crasher was unavailable for use. This deco scheme was one of several ideas for the Classic Series MIRAGE mold, and emerged as the most popular with the team. Her vehicle mode deco is based on a real Russian F1 race car color scheme.

http://www.hasbro.com/common/images/news/t...racture_veh.jpg

http://www.hasbro.com/common/images/news/t...cture_robot.jpg

Breakaway

Escape-artist extraordinaire BREAKAWAY has never been held in captivity for more than a few hours. Even then, most of the times he's been captured have only been because he let it happen, so he could get inside a DECEPTICON base and blow it up. Every one of his joints is double, and secret compartments cover his body, hiding dozens of tools for use in escaping from any cell. He's as slippery as a Neutronian grease eel, and clever as a turbofox. DECEPTICON bounty hunters across the galaxy have an almost supernatural regard for his skill.

BREAKAWAY is based on the G1 Powermaster AUTOBOT escape artist Getaway. The name Getaway was unavailable, so the similar sounding Breakaway (which was already registered by Hasbro) was used instead

http://www.hasbro.com/common/images/news/t...Getaway_veh.jpg

http://www.hasbro.com/common/images/news/t...taway_Robot.jpg

Crankcase

CRANKCASE doesn't really care about MEGATRON; he just joined the DECEPTICONS because he was in a bad mood, and it's pretty much lasted. As far as he's concerned, everything is pointless and stupid. He sees no reason why anyone else should be enjoying things when he's so miserable. That's why he spends his time grumpily ruining things for AUTOBOTS and DECEPTICONS alike. He's not much of a warrior, so he specializes in just being inconvenient. His blaster arm causes metal to rust instantly.

CRANKCASE is based on the G1 Decepticon Triggercon of the same name. His flip out weaponry is extremely similar to the original toy, so using the TRANSFORMERS: CYBERTRON RED ALERT mold worked well. In his original expanded biography, CRANKCASE was once a janitor for fuel spills, so the design team decided to make his vehicle mode a car for a hazardous materials team.

http://www.hasbro.com/common/images/news/t...ankcase_veh.jpg

http://www.hasbro.com/common/images/news/t...kcase_Robot.jpg

Edited by Fit For Natalie

Also looks like a couple repainted Alternators are on the way. An Arcee, at least.

She's a man, man! /Austin Powers

Sorry. Putting Decepticharge in pink drag unfortunately doesn't make him female. :(

She's a man, man! /Austin Powers

Sorry. Putting Decepticharge in pink drag unfortunately doesn't make him female. :(

Neither does putting a pink face on Classics Mirage. Geez. Still, I didn't get a good look at this Arcee toy. Since it's Alternators, I would have figured they'd at least change the head mold. Of course, now that I've gotten a better look, this doesn't appear to be the case.

Man, they do stuff like that, and then get surprised when no one buys it. Then they blame it on people just not being interested in the line. Kinda makes you want to strangle 'em.

Just got back from Botcon.

The most important thing to relay is that

OMFGWTFBBQ!!!11 Classics/Universe Cyclonus looks sweet!

This is the one figure I desperately want to see pictures of. I almost have my movie montage display complete. I'm a little dissappointed with the orange on Galvatron, but I figure the Henkei release will fix it.

And guys, according to the Allspark, those Ultra Magnus kits are selling pretty fast. The theory is that BBTS has a preset quantity on a counter, and that counter is currently at 80 units left. So if you want one, you should probably jump on it now.

Waspinator from allspark dug up this image link:

200802250013qf0.jpg

200802250014va8.jpg

Edit: Just found out there's pics of the upcoming Target Exclusive Voyager Comic Packs here. I didn't think it possible when I initially heard about it, but that's actually a good mold to to deco up as a Ratbat. The alt mode does surprisingly invoke a bat-like form. The face in bot mode even seems kind of vampiric. The Springer's nice too and more in line with what I'd expect a Springer to look like, unlike the Botcon exclusive.

The other set does nothing for me, but the Springer and Ratbat set's on my list now.

Edited by Alpha OTS