Transformers Super Thread 7

Yes, 25th Cyclonus comes with Nightstick... cue the Stepper/Riccochet kitbashes!

VERY NICE!!! By 25th Cyclonus you mean Classics 2.0/Universe?

:ph34r:

I'm not much into these Voyager sized classics. I'd be much happier with them at a smaller scale. That just seems to be the type of figures I tend to prefer anymore. Even considering that and looking at Inferno, he's still too basic and without anything that really makes him G1 Inferno to me.

Now if FansProject were to make an upgrade kit with wings, ladder and nozzle hand......I may reconsider....

Bridge Bunny

Group: Members

Member No.: 4,708

I'm not much into these Voyager sized classics. I'd be much happier with them at a smaller scale. That just seems to be the type of figures I tend to prefer anymore. Even considering that and looking at Inferno, he's still too basic and without anything that really makes him G1 Inferno to me.

Now if FansProject were to make an upgrade kit with wings, ladder and nozzle hand......I may reconsider....

What you say is logical - but on the other hand... Classics Inferno is just such a handsome Autobot: I mean; they went all out and just made him blocky and a tad realistic... I am looking forward to him. He looks powerful and big in robot form...

It would be nice to get a Classis Red Alert for Inferno to carry around.

Pete

Artfire's the JP G1 Targetmaster retool of Inferno using a red and white scheme and the Fracas TM figure... him and Stepper used to be some of the most impossible to find expensive grail figures ever, but Stepper's reissue pretty much killed that... Artfire was not reissues and is still silly expensive. I would love Classics Stepper and Artfire releases, even if they both used the new Nightstick mold instead of giving Artfire a different TM...

Hasbro CAN'T give us TC bc/ of the licensing with FP for BotCon, which they allowed FP to do bc/ it looked like the Classics line(s) were over, and it was the only viable way to give fans the remaining seekers.

I don't buy that at all. They could have released Thundercracker instead of Ramjet, or at the same time as Ramjet. They could have released him as a store exclusive like they did with Skywarp. Hasbro chose not to, with same lame excuse about not wanting too many of that mold on the shelves. Later they release Acid Storm, and it seems they're going to re-do Starscream now? It also seems to me that, if Hasbro can release Starscream in Classics, then repaint him and release him again in Universe, that Hasbro would be well within their rights to release Thundercracker, as long as the paint was different than Botcon.

And I'm sorry, the ridiculous Botcon prices do NOT fit my definition of "viable."

I'm pretty surprised by the repaint of Starscream myself... I'm not even a huge fan of the mold (I'd much prefer the RM mold if it had knees). And no, I don't consider the BotCon prices viable, but I think alot of that has to do with the aftermarket zaniness caused by all the Seeker completists...

I'm pretty surprised by the repaint of Starscream myself... I'm not even a huge fan of the mold (I'd much prefer the RM mold if it had knees). And no, I don't consider the BotCon prices viable, but I think alot of that has to do with the aftermarket zaniness caused by all the Seeker completists...

The aftermarket prices are ridiculous, sure, but the set was $300 originally, right? Leave out Dreadwind and Bugbite, and I might have considered $90 for the three Seekers, figuring that three times what they were worth was enough gouging.

*sigh*

How many times have we wound up in the Botcon seeker debate now?

The Hasbro PR Department Mouthpiece party says it wasn't commercially viable for a filler line, no one could've realized Classics was a financial success before they terminated the line, etc. and the Botcon package isn't THAT overpriced.

The Blind Irrational Seeker Fanboy party says they had any number of options for releasing them, and screwed the fans out of spite, are currently busy REscrewing them with Universe, etc. and the Botcon package was complete and total surprise buttsex.

Both sides have had their positions stated and been suitably mocked for it.

Can we move on now? It's really getting old at this point.

And yes, I'm still annoyed that a red Ramjet with a Thrust label didn't come out.

"But the JP ones have pointless neon chrome that ruins them!"

I recommend some 5oo grit to scuff it and paint as you like.(+)

Hell I'm getting the Takara versions because I like their paint job better,

especially on the torsos.

(+)

(I've been contemplating getting the old G1 seeker rifles and re-doing the pegs to fit. Just a thought.)

I always get frustrated that the RM mold didn't have knees. It would have been sooooo simple and made the figure 10x's better easily. It's also a better representation of G1 Toon Screamer, imo.

Saw the new pics of the '09 lineup. There's some nice stuff coming out. Hound looks even better than his BT/Alt counterpart, and I can't wait to see final pics of the newly designed Ravage. Blurr looks amazing in both modes. Cyclonus is an amazing homage...he does look bumpier than his sleeker original, but the overall figure captures the look and feel of the character so very well that I don't mind. He looks to be a better toy than Galvatron, at least. Inferno is an enigma..his alt mode is very realistic and looks great; his bot mode manifests G1 blockiness, as well as a passing resemblance to G1 Prime, that makes him a good Classics toy. However, for some reason that I can't quite put a finger on, he just doesn't grab me like alot of the other toys in this line.

On a different note, I forget who mentioned it in another post, but I fully agree that Robot Masters Starscream was a great toy, and was much sleeker and more faithful to the G1 toy. I wish they had used that design, with the inclusion of knees, to create the Classics seekers. Aside from MP: SS, it would have been the best looking jet TF in alt mode, and his bot mode would have been pretty much spot-on without the samurai-style stab mounts hanging off his hips.

Hope Hasbro/Takara keep this line alive for quite awhile longer.

Inferno is an enigma..his alt mode is very realistic and looks great; his bot mode manifests G1 blockiness, as well as a passing resemblance to G1 Prime, that makes him a good Classics toy. However, for some reason that I can't quite put a finger on, he just doesn't grab me like alot of the other toys in this line.

I think you nailed that intangible feeling I was having about him. He *does* look a bit too much like Prime in overall shape. Throw a Prime head on there, color the legs blue, and viola.

Inferno is an enigma..his alt mode is very realistic and looks great; his bot mode manifests G1 blockiness, as well as a passing resemblance to G1 Prime, that makes him a good Classics toy. However, for some reason that I can't quite put a finger on, he just doesn't grab me like alot of the other toys in this line.

Now that I really look at the pics, his transformation looks very similar to his energon version.

I just got a voyager class Autobot Blades and it is awesome. I will try to take some pics if I get a chance.

Meh, too much red IMHO. I'm waiting for the Springer repaint version.

Now that I really look at the pics, his transformation looks very similar to his energon version.

Meh, too much red IMHO. I'm waiting for the Springer repaint version.

Personally I'd like to see springer get his own treatment other than just a repaint. I'm not sure I'd mind if the didn't give him his car mode, but something more accurate to how he is supposed to look would be much more preferable.

Universe Galvatron should have been a voyager imo. Let someone like warpath be a deluxe.

And the idea of using bright high visibility safety orange plastic on him is just bad. This is why I can like the movie toy line despite not necessarily loving the insectoid aesthetic of the robot's faces. It at least tried to make the vehicles not look too much like toys.

Looking forward to cyclonus.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I think Springer should be made with all his modes. The original toy was that hard to make imagine how much better he could be now?He is one of my favs from the movie but only because he was a car and a helicopter. Kind of reminded me of the show M.A.S.K.

I like the triple changers in general. Too bad blitzwing was already taken for TF animated. I would love to have seen him in the universe line more to be honest.

If springer appears that's going to be a must buy for me.

That didn't stop them in making a Prowl figure for Universe.

i just bought an animated Grimlock last weekend.

all i can say is... "Grimlock KING!" :lol:

but the gigantic gap on the chest in dino mode was really annoying.

so i fixed it.

with transformy parts.

post-2535-1222141745_thumb.jpgpost-2535-1222141866_thumb.jpg

post-2535-1222142197_thumb.jpgpost-2535-1222142344_thumb.jpg

all it needs now is some paint.

no surprise, this one had sub-par QC & engineering. i'm pretty sure i woulda broken something if i wasn't careful.

good thing i got the heads-up on the arms problem, thanks to this thread ^_^