Mostly the Mospeada

EXO

~20,000 yen for the 1/10 Beagle Ride Armor

From GA:

試作品であるため、パーツの合いが甘くなっている部分も見受けられるが、これはあくまで試作品であるがゆえのことなのでご了承願いたい。

逆にいえば、一発目の試作品でここまで完成状態のイメージに近いものができあがっていることがスゴい。いったい最終製品ではどんな素晴らしいものが手にできるのか、ますますワクワクしてしまう。

気になる価格についてだが、2万円前後での販売を目指しているとのこと。発売は年内の予定で、これからテストショットが上がってくる。今後も続報があり次第紹介するのでお楽しみに!

Babel Fish Translation:

Because it is the prototype, also the part where the being agreeable of the part becomes sweet is discovered, but this to the last is the prototype, but because it is reason, acknowledgment we would like to ask.  Speaking conversely, with the prototype of the one-shot eye those which are close to the image of completion state having been completed [sugo] is to here. Just in the end product whether it can designate what kind of splendid ones as the hand, the framework framework it does more and more.  But concerning the price which becomes matter of concern, when you have aimed toward the sale at approximately of 20,000 Yen, is. Sale in schedule within year, the test shot rises from this. As soon as in the future there to be a follow-up story, because it introduces, in the pleasure!

~20,000 yen for the 1/10 Beagle Ride Armor

From GA:

試作品であるため、パーツの合いが甘くなっている部分も見受けられるが、これはあくまで試作品であるがゆえのことなのでご了承願いたい。

逆にいえば、一発目の試作品でここまで完成状態のイメージに近いものができあがっていることがスゴい。いったい最終製品ではどんな素晴らしいものが手にできるのか、ますますワクワクしてしまう。

気になる価格についてだが、2万円前後での販売を目指しているとのこと。発売は年内の予定で、これからテストショットが上がってくる。今後も続報があり次第紹介するのでお楽しみに!

Babel Fish Translation:

Because it is the prototype, also the part where the being agreeable of the part becomes sweet is discovered, but this to the last is the prototype, but because it is reason, acknowledgment we would like to ask.  Speaking conversely, with the prototype of the one-shot eye those which are close to the image of completion state having been completed [sugo] is to here. Just in the end product whether it can designate what kind of splendid ones as the hand, the framework framework it does more and more.  But concerning the price which becomes matter of concern, when you have aimed toward the sale at approximately of 20,000 Yen, is. Sale in schedule within year, the test shot rises from this. As soon as in the future there to be a follow-up story, because it introduces, in the pleasure!

THANKS for that!

:ph34r:

Even the Yellow Dancer CM doesn't impress me.

$190 for the Beagle isn't bad at all, IMO. Especially considering how much all these imports usually go for.

MH's still have the upper hand. It's still very much worth $50-$60... it looks beautiful when transformed. Just like a model kit painted and put together by a pro. I just wish they were a tad bigger... then it would be a dream.

Wow, just when I thought they couldn't look any cheaper - they outdo themselves! :p

I gotta say, while I'm a moderate fan of the CMs Mospeada toys I totally agree on these exclusives. I'll probalby buy them but these pics look horrible and even if they are rare I doubt they'll ever be all that prized.

The Beagle looks fantastic. The painted prototype retain all the sharp edges reminiscent of the 80's design that looked smoothed away in photos of the old prototype. The small-ish legs don't even look that bad, though I would have preferred them to be bigger even at the expense of the unarmored rider's proportions. Stig's expression is spot on! It captures his character and personality vivdly enough for me to experience a brief moment of serious nostalgia.

Wow, just when I thought they couldn't look any cheaper - they outdo themselves! :p

Man you stole what I was going to say. I couldn't agree more CM's Mospeada toys are just overpriced and underwhelming. Although the legioss is arguable.

The legioss/tread is CM is aweomse, but those ride armours, are way too expensive.

And the clear... why??? lol beagle is rather expensive.... i dunno.

I think that for what they are bringing to the table, the Beagle is not that far out in pricing terms... Think about it: A nice vintage Gakken 1/8 goes for 100-200% of that price, and the Beagle actually appears to be the much nicer example - just check out all the features! I won't be getting rid of my Gakken, but I'll surely be stepping up for the Beagle. We can have our cake, and eat it too.

I think that for what they are bringing to the table, the Beagle is not that far out in pricing terms... Think about it: A nice vintage Gakken 1/8 goes for 100-200% of that price, and the Beagle actually appears to be the much nicer example - just check out all the features! I won't be getting rid of my Gakken, but I'll surely be stepping up for the Beagle. We can have our cake, and eat it too.

Same here :D, go Beagle \0/

this does not compute. you're comparing a vintage collectible toy to a manufactured collectible toy, they are not the same.

also, once the beagle ride armor comes out you will see a price drop for the gakken ride armor just like every other toy thats been remade(for a lack of a better word).

i'll probably end up buying it some point but not until people have them in hand and some reviews are up.

i'll probably end up buying it some point but not until people have them in hand and some reviews are up.

I'm with you on this one mate. It's nice.....but how nice is the question?!? :huh:

this does not compute. you're comparing a vintage collectible toy to a manufactured collectible toy, they are not the same.

And what about when the Beagle stops production? Does it become vintage?

Edited by fifbeat

I'm with you on this one mate. It's nice.....but how nice is the question?!? :huh:

for seriousness.

it could end up being a floppy mess like the MH ones.

i'm not hating on the MH ones since they only cost $60-ish.

if its $190 and ends up being a floppy mess, i'm gonna really be pissed.

for seriousness.

it could end up being a floppy mess like the MH ones.

i'm not hating on the MH ones since they only cost $60-ish.

if its $190 and ends up being a floppy mess, i'm gonna really be pissed.

Too true mate....IMO the MH are my faves so I can't say anything bad about them yet.....but if the Beagle was floppy I too would be hella pisses!

The Beagle should be about $30 cheaper, just because he's cotchless in rider mode.

And the clear... why??? lol beagle is rather expensive.... i dunno.

I think someone in China screwed up and used the wrong plastics. They decided to run with them anyways! lol It really doesn't make any sense. It looks pathetic. I never really understood the release of "clear" anythings... even if they are limited releases. I don't care if they only make 5 of them. It's B.S.

Edited by fifbeat

And what about when the Beagle stops production? Does it become vintage?

again, a manufactured collectible is not the same as a vintage toy.

the beagle ride armor is being manufactured specifically for the collectors market of today, unlike the gakken which was solely produced as a toy, to be played with and man handled like a toy. very few people bothered to save anything those days because nobody really "collected" toys back in those days.

beagle can stop producing these and in 20 years time, you'll still find hundreds of them available all in "mint" condition with all the original boxes and paperwork. do you save all that stuff? i know i save all that stuff and so does the majority of people here and abroad. everyone here takes care of their collectibles. we have display cases, UV protective lighting, and all the other stupid crap we buy to keep our toys all fresh and minty......so how many minty 1/48's do you think will be around 20 years from now? how many beagle ride armors?

research what happened to the comic book market back in the 90's. everyone started buying 4 copies of the same comic, putting them in plastic bags with cardboard backing, thinking that it would be worth a small fortune later on like spider man #1. then they discovered that everyone in america was doing the exact same thing they were. when they finally realized this, they all tried to cash out only to find out that everyone and their moms was trying to cash out too. it became a buyers market so to speak and comic investors lost thousands up thousands of dollars. why would anyone pay $100 for a comic book when theres 60000 other people with the same comic?

don't get me wrong, i'm sure the beagle as well as some of the other manufactured collectible toys of today will go up to some degree but not anywhere near the inflation of the vintage toys of old. gakken cyclones were selling for $15 back in those days, now even the imcomplete ones go for 1000% more($150) and up from the original MSRP. thats not happening with these toys for all the reasons i mentioned above. theres nothing particular rare about these when everyone is taking care of them and saving everything.

if you want to invest in toys with a chance of them reaching vintage prices, i suggest getting into something popular with the kids of today like power rangers. those are made to be toys, and the kids are into it and buying them are not saving the boxes or taking care of the toys in any way. those are the types of thing that has a chance of becoming a rare vintage toy.

if you want to invest in toys with a chance of them reaching vintage prices, i suggest getting into something popular with the kids of today like power rangers. those are made to be toys, and the kids are into it and buying them are not saving the boxes or taking care of the toys in any way. those are the types of thing that has a chance of becoming a rare vintage toy.

Good point.

I don't actually disagree with any of what DND mentions; his points are all valid. All I intended to point out in my post is that ~$200 for a Ride Armor of the caliber that Beagle appears to be putting together is not a bad deal, and that the OG Gakken is the next closest competitor in terms of coolness. That the Gakken was not a $200 toy when new is immaterial. The reality is that it is a $200 toy now... And it's still worth it.

Edited by Hiriyu

Well, as a fan of the CM's approach for the 1/18 ride armors, I gotta say I am a bit disappointed with how Yellow's ride is turning out. No chest missiles is a bummer. But what the heck, I'll buy it anyway because the proportions are just right.

As for the Wonfes exclusives, the chromed/clear combos are... strange. Just as well that they are limited, CM's would lose money if these were made in large quantities! The 'standard' type however, is a different matter. That one looks like a great opportunity for customising, since the rider's name is absent. I'd love to have one with my name on it. :-)

So when is the Beagle Ride Armor supposed to be released? I'm still on the fence about the CM and MH versions. Is there a clear winner between them?

I did a comparison on www.anymoon.com that I suggest you read. I chose the CMs by a frickin' hair and I know a lot of people disagree with me whole-heartedly. So no, there's no "clear" winner, just the very strong possibility that the Beagle will be that winner.