The Xbox 360 Thread Pro Edition

Ouch. Definitely know that pain. :(

Well, not so much pain here (as I'm not that big a gamer...). I called the support line, they verified my serial number, and then told me to go to the support center on Monday to pick up the exchange. It's gotten to the point where they treat it as "Business as usual"...

Part of the recorded drone speech went on and on about the E74 error, and how the helpdesk people can't view the status of the refunds (or whatever) -- guess too many complaints there too.

My RROD failure is actually quite interesting. I was playing Burnout Paradise when it started; game just started hanging, sometimes with a squeak. If you start seeing that for no good reason -- I thought I was overheating the console, but a cold start didn't alleviate the problem -- and lemme tell yah, it's 100% hang with 5 mins, you can't mistake it for anything else. Start gathering up the support docus, because it's on the RROD road...

Okay so I have been playing the Sonic Ultimate Sega Genesis Collection. Awesome.

Also grabbed CONAN for 12.99 used at Gamestop. Pretty cool brawler in the Ninja Gaiden school of design.

I want to try that Sacred 2! I am dying for an online mp co-op like PSO back in the day.

No monthly fee either!

• 2 months later...

I think I have enough points so I might get it. I've also downloaded the TMNT Turtles in Time remake and Marvel vs. Capcom 2 in recent weeks though I haven't gotten to playing them yet.

Still mainly playing Gears of War 2. Been playing with MilkManX and a bunch of his friends for quite a few months now. Just recently started playing the Raiden Fighters Aces compilation a few weeks ago.

Ok, I bought it, and I have maybe an hour to an hour and a half in. The game's more Metroid than Castlevania, if anyone's curious. The only thing they took from Castlevania was the leveling. Everything else, right down the to items that increase your max health and ammo, is pure Metroid.

The only thing I'm not really liking is the controls and the pseudo-3D gameplay. Games like New Super Mario Bros and Maverick Hunter X have shown how to make a classic 2D game with 3D polygons. Shadow Complex, on the other hand, forces you to play with the analog stick and triggers, and occasionally has enemies attacking from the background. It's frustrating that you can aim at them, but you can't move toward them. This is especially stupid in rooms with a staircase... instead of climbing the stairs, you have to jump from landing to landing.

My complaints are minor in the scheme of things, though. If you're a fan of Super Metroid, definitely pick the game up. It's a steal at $15.

I just finished Shadow Complex... and I mean that loosely. Yeah, I finished the final boss and saw the ending, but I only found 62% of the items and explored maybe 80% of the map.

Anyway, if you own an Xbox 360, you should own Shadow Complex. Simple as that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
How is it? I've only played the first one on PC. The basic mechanics seemed entertaining enough, but I felt like I'd played games five years older with the same graphics.

Graphically its pretty competent but its not gonna blow up your skirt. If you like multiplayer dungeon crawlers then grab it. Halo ODST came out and I should be playing tonight!

Got ODST, it's a blast... it's fun to be back in the halo world even if you're no longer an unstopable instrument of death and destruction.

but you can still carry a big ass Gatling gun.

I got a copy today but I'm waiting until I finish up WaW before I give it a go. I didn't preorder so no Sgt. Johnson, but I got a $20 gift card and a free ODST figure. (special deal at toy's r us)

Am I the only 360 owner who's passing on ODST? As much as I liked the original Halo, I feel like other FPS franchises do more things better now. Halo 3 was kind of a snooze for me, and as far as mutliplayer goes I thought Call of Duty 4 was better. Right now I'm addicted to Arkham Asylum, and when I'm done with that I'm going to replay Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 with the anti-registration side. By the time I'm done with all that, I'll move on to Fallout 3 GOTY Edition (since I haven't bought any of the expansions, it'll be a good time and way to replay it), which will occupy me until Alpha Protocol, which will occupy me until Dragon Age. Dragon Age could keep me tied up for the rest of the year, but if not I've got Modern Warfare 2 and Borderlands to cram in there.

Am I the only 360 owner who's passing on ODST? As much as I liked the original Halo, I feel like other FPS franchises do more things better now. Halo 3 was kind of a snooze for me, and as far as mutliplayer goes I thought Call of Duty 4 was better. Right now I'm addicted to Arkham Asylum, and when I'm done with that I'm going to replay Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 with the anti-registration side. By the time I'm done with all that, I'll move on to Fallout 3 GOTY Edition (since I haven't bought any of the expansions, it'll be a good time and way to replay it), which will occupy me until Alpha Protocol, which will occupy me until Dragon Age. Dragon Age could keep me tied up for the rest of the year, but if not I've got Modern Warfare 2 and Borderlands to cram in there.

I almost didn't, I just happened to see an ad in the paper from TRU for it with a bunch of extras and it seamed like a good deal. CoD4 is by far my favorite multiplayer FPS. much better than Halo 3 (I found Halo 3's mulity kind of frustraiting, the leveling system sucked and the inability to enter and leave mid game made it hard to enjoy a casual game.

I enjoyed the Single player of halo 3, and this one looked interesting at least.

Am I the only 360 owner who's passing on ODST? As much as I liked the original Halo, I feel like other FPS franchises do more things better now.

I'm skipping out on ODST as well. Halo's draw for me has always been the multiplayer, so getting the same multiplayer plus a horde mode for $60 isn't too interesting to me. Not to mention Operation Flashpoint 2 comes out pretty soon, then Modern Warfare 2 and then Perfect Dark. More than enough FPS releases to keep me occupied.

Well, I finished Arkham Asylum (GotY contender, IMHO), so my plate might not be as full as I thought... still, I think I'd give the new Need For Speed a try before ODST. I just played Wolfenstein not long ago, and I've got Modern Warfare 2 to look forward too. Like yelowlightman said, there's enough FPS goodness to go around, but it's probably been at least a year since I played a racing game.

Yeah, no ODST for me either. I want Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, but not for $60. Gonna wait for it to price drop to $30. But Modern Warfare 2 will be mine that night at midnight (hopefully gamestop is selling them at midnight, else wise my pre-order is gonna get canceled very soon.

I play World at War mostly, thought it sucks compared to CoD: MW (4).

gamertag is protostar888 if anyone wants to friend me.

I'm wondering if anyone ISN'T going to get CoD:MW2? All the trailers and gameplay clips are bad ass, especially the C130 and Predator Missile Kill streaks. :)

I'm wondering if anyone ISN'T going to get CoD:MW2? All the trailers and gameplay clips are bad ass, especially the C130 and Predator Missile Kill streaks. :)

I'm planning on getting it, but probably for the PC. I loves me some mouse and keyboard when I play FPS.

I play World at War mostly, thought it sucks compared to CoD: MW (4).

gamertag is protostar888 if anyone wants to friend me.

I'm so close to being done with WaW, I'm so glad I'll never have to play it again. I still play more CoD4 multi than anything else. I'm all over MW2, if only I had the cash for the prestige edition :(

(gamer tag is BedivereXIV)

I'm not. I'm not a big shooter fan and the only reason I bought Halo 2 was because I enjoyed 1 so much. The only reason I bought Halo 3 was to get over the frickin' cliffhanger that was Halo 2 :angry:^_^

I'm so close to being done with WaW, I'm so glad I'll never have to play it again. I still play more CoD4 multi than anything else. I'm all over MW2, if only I had the cash for the prestige edition :(

(gamer tag is BedivereXIV)

I tried out the WaW demo, it's not as fun as I thought it would be...

I'm not. I'm not a big shooter fan and the only reason I bought Halo 2 was because I enjoyed 1 so much. The only reason I bought Halo 3 was to get over the frickin' cliffhanger that was Halo 2 :angry:^_^

Even though you're not so big on shooters, you should at least try CoD4, I think it's worth your time.

I tried out the WaW demo, it's not as fun as I thought it would be...

Even though you're not so big on shooters, you should at least try CoD4, I think it's worth your time.

World at War is horrible. Tons of lag, broken guns that are way out of balance. Cheaters galore....

And WaW was made by a different company. Infinity Ward made Call of Duty 4:Modern Warfare and is making Modern Warfare 2. I've heard they have the franchise now as well which is a good thing. If only I could get my friend to try 4 instead of continuing on with WaW...

That reminds me, I have to stop playing Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 long enough to go out and buy ODST and play it a bit before going to a gamer night with one of my buddies from college, so that I won't completely suck at it. I mean I'm having loads of fun and good times with my MUA2. I mean who wouldn't wanna play a Marvel RPG set in the Civil War timeline. XD

As far as ODST is concerned i'll buy and play it just because for once I am not Master Chief. I got kinda tired of playing a kick ass spartan solider of death, destruction, pwn. and win. Also at least in ODST I won't be random elite #6. I hated that in Halo 3 when you do multi-player.

been playing ODST. You're not a Spartan, but it seems like I can move faster than a Spartan while carrying turrets. I wish I could still dual wield.

I noticed that too. And I thought only spartans were able to carry those turrets because of their bulk and weight?

I noticed that too. And I thought only spartans were able to carry those turrets because of their bulk and weight?

Same here, but I guess they made some gameplay concessions. Like letting a Spartan flip a multi-ton tank one-handed. Sure, it's not quite "real" but it beats losing a flipped-over tank on a mandatory vehicle section.

Same here, but I guess they made some gameplay concessions. Like letting a Spartan flip a multi-ton tank one-handed. Sure, it's not quite "real" but it beats losing a flipped-over tank on a mandatory vehicle section.

Now that you mention it, ODST dude can also flip a warthog... :mellow:

Oh well, *insert line about miraculous strength enhancing armor* moving on...

2087506019_56a14ee2b7.jpg