The Xbox 360 Thread Pro Edition

What, the idea of 'Call of Duty 25: We Cover WWII From Every Angle... Again!' doesn't excite you?

Vostok 7

No more WWII please. I mean, the last thing for them to do is make it so we play from the Nazi side, but they'll never do that.

No more WWII please. I mean, the last thing for them to do is make it so we play from the Nazi side, but they'll never do that.

I think they can do 1 more WWII game if they use some more obscure places for battlefields: Indochina, Alaska and Italy.

I think they can do 1 more WWII game if they use some more obscure places for battlefields: Indochina, Alaska and Italy.

Alaska would be interesting.

I've seen crashed Japanese aircraft up there, like a crashed Zero in the center of the tiny town of Yakutat. Pretty cool stuff.

Vostok 7

That would be about the only thing they could do to make another WWII game remotely interesting these days, but I'm sure people would throw a huge fit over it.

I liked how CoD4 branched out... they should definitely do that, each game a new era. (Just not the Civil War... that History Channel FPS sucked)

That would be about the only thing they could do to make another WWII game remotely interesting these days, but I'm sure people would throw a huge fit over it.

I liked how CoD4 branched out... they should definitely do that, each game a new era. (Just not the Civil War... that History Channel FPS sucked)

How about WWI? I know it wasn't as "interesting" or "quick paced" as WWII, but still, why not? There were lots of major advancements and some really fascinating stuff in WWI that would be great for a FPS. I mean, tanks were just getting introduced. Biplanes and Triplanes were flying around everywhere. Even Zepplins flying around dropping bombs.

I know the PC flight sim crowd has been clamoring for a WWI flight sim for AGES and no one has gotten off their butts to do it. There's a pretty large untapped market there, if it was done right.

Vostok 7

"Published by Microsoft and developed by Tozai Games and SouthEnd Interactive, “R-Type Dimensions” will be available for 1200 Microsoft Points worldwide on February 4. The game is rated E for Everyone by the ESRB. "

MS' own page says Tozai is the publisher. And it seems odd to not see irem mentioned ANYWHERE.

Have I mentioned I love gaming blogs?

Ooooh, Tozai's got a 360 version of Lode Runner going...

Edited by JB0

How about WWI? I know it wasn't as "interesting" or "quick paced" as WWII, but still, why not? There were lots of major advancements and some really fascinating stuff in WWI that would be great for a FPS. I mean, tanks were just getting introduced. Biplanes and Triplanes were flying around everywhere. Even Zepplins flying around dropping bombs.

I know the PC flight sim crowd has been clamoring for a WWI flight sim for AGES and no one has gotten off their butts to do it. There's a pretty large untapped market there, if it was done right.

Vostok 7

the reson you don't see WWI games is because WWI was REALLY slow. rather than going further back we should look at stuff like korea and Vietnam. make a GOOD Vietnam game, that would be cool.

I'd like to see Vietnam or more contemporary stuff. definatly no future stuff (we really don't need to turn CoD into Ghost Recon.

the reson you don't see WWI games is because WWI was REALLY slow. rather than going further back we should look at stuff like korea and Vietnam. make a GOOD Vietnam game, that would be cool.

I'd like to see Vietnam or more contemporary stuff. definatly no future stuff (we really don't need to turn CoD into Ghost Recon.

Korea has largely been ignored (except for a few early-jet flight sims, which ended up mostly morphing into a tiny bit of Korea, with mostly Vietnam :lol: ). There was a Battlefield Vietnam game a few years back but not on a console. Probably neither has been really done because not many people in the core game market even know about the Korean War, and, well, I don't know why there hasn't been many Vietnam games. Maybe because gaming technology couldn't handle the rainforest-y-ness of the setting very well. But I mean, if they can do Far Cry and Crysis, why not a Vietnam game?

But definitely they need to do something rather than WWII and strictly modern era. Fortunately for the CoD franchise, the Battlefield franchise took on the "future war" scenario and totally sucked, so they didn't need to do it :lol:

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

Korea has largely been ignored (except for a few early-jet flight sims, which ended up mostly morphing into a tiny bit of Korea, with mostly Vietnam :lol: ). There was a Battlefield Vietnam game a few years back but not on a console. Probably neither has been really done because not many people in the core game market even know about the Korean War, and, well, I don't know why there hasn't been many Vietnam games. Maybe because gaming technology couldn't handle the rainforest-y-ness of the setting very well. But I mean, if they can do Far Cry and Crysis, why not a Vietnam game?

But definitely they need to do something rather than WWII and strictly modern era. Fortunately for the CoD franchise, the Battlefield franchise took on the "future war" scenario and totally sucked, so they didn't need to do it :lol:

Vostok 7

I have no idea why no one bothers to make good Vietnam games. there's basically Battlefield: Vietnam, and that's it.

shellshock: Nam 67' is getting a sequal that's going to be an FPS, though it's also somehow survival-horror and considering how much shellshock sucked, I doubt it will be good.

Ok, I'm really pissed right now, but anybody install the update that came out in the last 24 to 48 hours(I live in Japan) and have it kill their 360 with the red ring of death?? :angry:

oh shi-?!?! I haven't turned my xbox on in almost a week, so I didn't even know there was an update.

hey, does anybody have an older headset that came with the elite that they are not using? I'd like to buy it. I don't like the new headset that came with my new elite. The volume/mute controller is on the wire now instead of where it connects to the controller. Let me know. Thanx!

Anyone has any updates on this?

a friend of mine updated his xboxes, the white one has gone rrod, and the two elites seems to be ok. I updated my, seems ok other than unable to join games and disconnect from games at times while stay connected to xbox live. wired. I think there is a bug.. just like all other ms software releases - ship first, fix it later.

• 2 weeks later...
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/45849.html

Announcement trailer for Lost Planet 2. I'm pretty excited... I was a big fan of the original, so definitely looking forward to this.

Sad to say, I bought the special edition metalic case version of Lost Planet two years ago and I still haven't opened it. :p Lost Planet 2 looks great, but I better make sure to play the first one.

Well after a few long weeks of work I've managed to get all 57 achievements to Gears of War 2. For those wanting to make a run a Seriously 2.0, use the last stage where you start off on the Brumack. Take out all the enemies going up to the first door you break through. Take out the 20 or so Locusts on the ground and the Boomer in the tower. At this point pause and start the chapter over. If you are playing consistantly you will probably take out 110-120 enemies in about 1:30 - 1:40 meaning you will take out about 3,000 to 3,600 in an hour. Now to get back working on the original Seriously in Gears 1. :p

Besides that, I'm trying to decide what other games to work on next. Halo Wars comes out this week and since I planned on getting the special edition, I will have the new maps for Halo 3 giving me an excuse to start playing that again. Other games I'm thinking of tackling right now are Tomb Raider Legend, the first Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, Ace Combat 6, and Dead Rising. Still got to finish COD WAW so I can fight Nazi Zombies! :D

Is getting two uber-hard achievements really better than playing 2 whole new games?

Ummm........ YES! :lol: I can really be obsessive compulsive about certain things and with both Gears games I've really enjoyed them and have been set on fully beating them both. When it comes to most things in life, I do best when just focused on one or two things, ditto with video games.

But because I do have quite a few untouched and unplayed games in my collection, I'm at the point of stop buying anything new. Back during 2005-6 I sold off virtually my entire video game collection because I realized that much of it was never going to be played or replayed again. Now I'm getting to a similar point with my Xbox 360 games.

Anybody have Left for dead? Me and a friend are planning jumping on tonight at around 8 or 9 PT. If you want to jump on with us, let me know! If you don't have my screen name already, it's bobe patt. Let me know! ^_^

Anybody have Left for dead? Me and a friend are planning jumping on tonight at around 8 or 9 PT. If you want to jump on with us, let me know! If you don't have my screen name already, it's bobe patt. Let me know! ^_^

BTW, were you able to get through all the new Horde related achievements? Let me know if you need help! :)

Since I've been back to playing the first Gears for the last few days, I've got some comments about the experience:

1) The first Gears' graphics are definitely darker and loaded with more shadows then the second game.

2) The first game is tougher from the standpoint that you will be dropped by weapons quicker then in the second game. Taking cover is more crucial.

3) After being used to all the weapons, functions, using "meatshields", etc., the first game feels stripped down, but it's still tight, fun to play, and a visual feast.

4) One thing I like about Gears 1 over the second game is being able to select which match you want to join. Thus less lag issues then the second game.

5) A lot of people playing Gears 1 are definitely a more serious and hardcore bunch then those playing 2. People who are working on the Seriously achievement. Lots of clans.

--------------------

After heavily playing both GOW 1 and 2, I will have to say I would chose 2 as the one I like most. It takes a lot of the good stuff from the first game and ramps it up. Better graphics, more gameplay types, more to the gameplay period, lots of attention to details, lots of humor from the guys at Epic, and the game seems more accessible then the first. But the first game is what got the franchise started and it will be something I will continue to visit as I gradually work to finish the Seriously achievement and will replay the story mode again someday.

But I am moving on to some other games. Got Halo Wars a few nights ago. Will be spending time on other games that's for sure.

I've decided to abandon my qwest to get Seriously on the original Gears. I've read too many horror stories over at the Xbox forums about some players going as high as 17,000 kills and never getting the Achievement. Epic really needs to patch something in the game. As it went I had around 7,000 kills in ranked gameplay from Warzone and Execution.

The last few days I've just been playing music games. The Rock Band AC/DC pack was fun though I recommend getting it for $30 or less (like I did). Haven't tried doing my Brian Johnson impersonation in the game yet. :p

So what's everyone else playing right now? Hope to fire up Halo Wars this weekend.

anyone picking up RE5 today?

I downloaded the demo a few weeks back, but I've never gotten around to playing it. Right now it looks like my next two games I'm getting are the next Dynasty Warriors Gundam game and Guitar Hero Metallica.

anyone picking up RE5 today?

I played the demo and was very underwhelmed, but I'm thinking of going down to blockbuster and renting a copy to try the full game out. also I registered for the online contest thing so I need to play at least one session of online this weekend.

I got RE5 for Xbox, and really like it. Its not as good as RE4, but on Normal it's stilla fair challenge to play though. i suspect Co-op online would be fun, but havent had a chance to try it yet.

i should add im a bit of a RE junkie. Played and beat every game up till now, and RE4 is in my top 5 games of all time.