The Xbox 360 Thread Pro Edition

If you run into any problems let me know and I can walk you through. Mostly you'll find yourself using either a sniper rifle and one set of turrets or two sets of turrets. 48 on Inferno was an oddball in that I used the AF100 assault rifle and the C70 bombs. 52 I think was the only stage I "cheated"... I had to do it as a 2 player game where I loaded the second player with two sets of turrets and the first player with one set of turrets and a Lysander Z sniper rifle.

Tangentially related: I REALLY wish the laser rifle was reloadable.

It's such an awesome gun for those first 3 seconds... and then it's nothing but dead weight.

Tangentially related: I REALLY wish the laser rifle was reloadable.

It's such an awesome gun for those first 3 seconds... and then it's nothing but dead weight.

Yeah, it would have been nice if a reloadable version would have popped up as one of the last weapons. Supposedly the next game in this series is in the works in Japan so hopefully that will be added.

Last night I decided to fire up Soldier of Fortune Payback which I got on the cheap earlier this spring. Probably trade this off as soon as I get all the single player achievements. :p

I was leery of COD5 because of it's WWII background, but since playing the beta for a couple of hours, I am hooked, I've already put away my copy of COD4. Of course, people are already glitching and jumping out of the map. But that's to be expected with any online game. Even without the lack of modern weapons, I still like it. This FPS will tide me over till Halo 3:Recon. I'm gonna pick up Fallout 3 also since I liked Elder Scrolls.

Don't forget Gears of War 2 is coming out as well.

anyone else playing fable2?

not yet, but not because I don't want to. It's the shear length of it, and with Gears of War 2 AND Fallout 3 in the very near future, I'm going in this order. GOW2, Fallout 3, then Fable. It is a tease though, I have it still wrapped on my bookcase. LMK if it's good!

not yet, but not because I don't want to. It's the shear length of it, and with Gears of War 2 AND Fallout 3 in the very near future, I'm going in this order. GOW2, Fallout 3, then Fable. It is a tease though, I have it still wrapped on my bookcase. LMK if it's good!

I dunno, tough to say. The story is pretty generic and the various town folk and other NPCs are pretty shallow. It's definitely not like a bioware game where you have a few well developed companion characters to grow attached to. I haven't found myself emotionally involved with any of the characters, well, except for the dog. The dog is cool.

There's a lot of stuff to do... but most of it is pretty shallow. Fun, but shallow.

anyone else playing fable2?

I haven't bought it yet, waiting for a used copy: This is my current schedule:

Call of Duty 5 or Gears of War 2 (picking only 1), then Fallout 3, then either Fable II or one of the other two depending on which I get first.

I'll get either COD5 or Gears2 new first, then I'll pick the others up when I see used copies while I finish whatever I got first.

I still have to finish SW:TFU, I'm only on the 3rd level, kids won't ever give me enough free time to play.

I'm still working on the COD5 beta right now.

I haven't bought it yet, waiting for a used copy: This is my current schedule:

Call of Duty 5 or Gears of War 2 (picking only 1), then Fallout 3, then either Fable II or one of the other two depending on which I get first.

I'll get either COD5 or Gears2 new first, then I'll pick the others up when I see used copies while I finish whatever I got first.

I still have to finish SW:TFU, I'm only on the 3rd level, kids won't ever give me enough free time to play.

I'm still working on the COD5 beta right now.

I'd go with Gears over the COD since it's not an Infinity Ward game this time around...heck, it's not even COD5 in name either. Rumor is the true 5 will be Infinity Ward's baby.

Just beat Fable 2 last nite, what a great game, still have tons of sidequests to do and i have only found one legendary weapon. The main quest isnt that long so if ur worried it will take up too much time b4 Gears 2 or Fable 2 ...err i meant fallout 3...dont count on it. If u liked fable 1, 2 will blow u away lol...except for the coop which is pure poop... my 2 cents. :D

Edited by elrollo

My 360: May 2006 - September 2008

It has finally succumbed to RR syndrome. May it rest in peace until Microsoft sends me a repaired unit / replacement. Sending out my 360's coffin to MS tomorrow :mellow: . I wonder if they'll just give me a new one or try and repair it - I think I had one of the earlier models, so the former option doesn't seem so bad.

My 360: May 2006 - September 2008

It has finally succumbed to RR syndrome. May it rest in peace until Microsoft sends me a repaired unit / replacement. Sending out my 360's coffin to MS tomorrow :mellow: . I wonder if they'll just give me a new one or try and repair it - I think I had one of the earlier models, so the former option doesn't seem so bad.

I was given a refurbished system when my system from launch pooped out after 8 months of use. Fortunately my second system has lasted 2 years and 3 months of VERY heavy use.:)

Trying to decide what to give a spin this week. Part of me is seriously considering getting back to COD3 which I haven't touched ever since the Gears of War bug bit me hard in late November 2006. I picked up Guitar Hero World Tour this evening and would really like to give it and Rock Band 2 some play.

With the continued problems with the RRoD, Microsoft is going to have to make the next generation XBox virtually bomb-proof. If you get mugged while walking away from the store with one, just bash the mugger over the head with the box and watch as you cave his skull in. If you get in the middle of gang warfare, just use the box as a shield. If you forget your keys and lock yourself out of your home, just use the box as a battering ram and make a new door. :)

With the continued problems with the RRoD, Microsoft is going to have to make the next generation XBox virtually bomb-proof. If you get mugged while walking away from the store with one, just bash the mugger over the head with the box and watch as you cave his skull in. If you get in the middle of gang warfare, just use the box as a shield. If you forget your keys and lock yourself out of your home, just use the box as a battering ram and make a new door. :)

So, basically you want them to build the original Xbox again? I mean, we already know that one is bulletproof.

I was given a refurbished system when my system from launch pooped out after 8 months of use. Fortunately my second system has lasted 2 years and 3 months of VERY heavy use.:)

Trying to decide what to give a spin this week. Part of me is seriously considering getting back to COD3 which I haven't touched ever since the Gears of War bug bit me hard in late November 2006. I picked up Guitar Hero World Tour this evening and would really like to give it and Rock Band 2 some play.

I was interested in GHWT but so far most reviews say its good but if you already have RB2 then you may not need it.

Mainly its the career mode that is botched compared to RB2.

Gears 2....11 days.

^_^

Yeah, the lack of new ME DLC is surprising. I don't think anyone thought "one" with all the hype the developers were making about filling the gap between games. That, or ME 2 is two years away and there is "annual" DLC...

Yeah.. I'm not keen on them using books to fill in the story gaps either... especially since I'm not impressed by the quality of the books.

If anyone wants a very short summary of the "important to the game" bits of the 2nd ME book, look here:

The Quarian fleet will not last much longer. Maybe a few decades. They are running out of food/parts/ships. They *must* find a new planet. Also, Cerberus is a MUCH bigger and more powerful organization than you think. Operatives everywhere--military, government, labs, etc. Huge budget, and quite literally wants to rule the galaxy. Their leader is "The Illusive Man". And if a slightly autistic yet very powerful biotic girl shows up in the game, she's from the book.

::edit:: Going to put this in the ME2 thread too, where it really should go.

awww yeah! I'm all geared up for Gears of War 2! I'm picking it up at the midnight release. Who's gonna be gearing it up? I'ma be on all night friday night playing, so if anybody wants to join in, hit me up! My screen name is on the first page of this thread. GOW2 baby!!! ^_^

awww yeah! I'm all geared up for Gears of War 2! I'm picking it up at the midnight release. Who's gonna be gearing it up? I'ma be on all night friday night playing, so if anybody wants to join in, hit me up! My screen name is on the first page of this thread. GOW2 baby!!! ^_^

Oh yeah, I'm gearing. I'm taking off early from work to pick it up. My living room will be filled with the sounds of screaming locust the entire weekend. Let the carnage begin!

Just beat Fable 2 last nite, what a great game, still have tons of sidequests to do and i have only found one legendary weapon. The main quest isnt that long so if ur worried it will take up too much time b4 Gears 2 or Fable 2 ...err i meant fallout 3...dont count on it. If u liked fable 1, 2 will blow u away lol...except for the coop which is pure poop... my 2 cents. :D

Personally I thought Fable 2 made some serious improvements in lasting play with more stuff off the beaten path, unlimited quests (like bounty hunting) and a few other odds and ends. That being said, the story suffers greatly in my opinion. It's too short and too shallow, especially with regards to Lucien and Theresa. I felt a far larger connection to the characters of Fable over Fable 2. The story seemed forced to me. Now Lionhead has said that they have concepts for games up to Fable 5, but I doubt you'll continue on with your same hero through any of them.

I think if you meshed Fable: The Lost Chapters, with the all the improved stuff from Fable 2, you'd actually get a complete experience. I've said it many times when talking about the series, give me something with the scope of Oblivion within the realm of Albion and continue to expand on the Good vs Evil choices and I'll be happy. Also for the almost certain Fable 3 give the 'Good" transformations something other than just a lame halo.

On another note I am stoked for Gears 2, that franchise is (to me at least) reason enough to own an Xbox 360. Epic really can craft a masterpiece and I have no doubt this one will follow in the footsteps of the first game.

the lucien showdown has got to be one of the most anticlimactic boss battles of all time, both in the actual battle and than moral choice that comes after. Neither Rose nor any possible family are fleshed out well enough to have any real emotional weight, imo.

Exactly, even in Fable one, I felt bad when the hero lost his family in the raid. I also felt the moral weight of the choice to either keep the sword and kill your sister, or spare her and lose the weapon. I actually had some emotional investment in the characters. Fable 2 doesn't do a solid job fleshing any of the characters out well enough.

I really love the Fable games, I just wish that Lionhead could deliver the full experience in a single title.

The boss fights in general were pretty sad, unless the game zoomed in on a named creature you really didn't feel like you were fighting a boss at all. In Fable you had Twinblade, the Arena, Jack of Blades and Maze to name a few. The fights were at least memorable, even if they weren't particularly difficult. Aside from maybe Lucien, I doubt many people will remember any "boss" characters in Fable 2. I was also disappointed in the arena 2.0 even if it was playable through as many times as you'd like.

Edited by kaiotheforsaken

Exactly, even in Fable one, I felt bad when the hero lost his family in the raid. I also felt the moral weight of the choice to either keep the sword and kill your sister, or spare her and lose the weapon. I actually had some emotional investment in the characters. Fable 2 doesn't do a solid job fleshing any of the characters out well enough.

I really love the Fable games, I just wish that Lionhead could deliver the full experience in a single title.

yeah, great concepts but the lack of fleshed out characters really hurts the experience... the only character I ever cared about was the dog.

I think lionhead needs to pick up some better writers and focus on a handful of characters in each town to interact with. I would love it if their lives were indirectly or directly affected by your actions. i know we get that to an extent with the property values and how well the towns grow but that doesn't mean as much to me as seeing a well fleshed out individual thrive or suffer.

Agreed. Lionhead easily has one of the best concepts in RPGs and they tend to water it down. I like your idea though, more personal relationships that are impacted by your choices. Really Fable would just benefit from a story that takes over 20 hours to complete on a strait play through. They could take time to flesh out minor characters but still make them have an impact. This could also lead to some dynamic quest lines.

I will give Lionhead this though, they did make you feel like some of your choices actually meant something. The Old Town corner of Bowerstone or how Oakfield turns out based on if you opt to defend the Temple. Those are steps in the right direction. The end of the game was a huge let down, but it did have its moments.

I'm interested in seeing what the people here think of GoW2 b/c the multiplayer is catching serious flak on other boards. But at the same time, it's hard to get an opinion from a regular person, not someone that's biased to like it...

I'll say that Call of Duty: World at War demo makes me not want to get the full game. The weapons are VERY unbalanced and I can't stand when I aim a gun at someone a few feet away that's not even looking at me, empty the clip, and they don't even appear to have taken damage. I'm not a bad player, I usually rank top 3 in CoD4. The game also feels slower than other games, even CoD4.

Edited by protostar8

I picked up mine last night too. I pulled an all nighter. It been awhile since I was up for over 24 hours. I beat it on normal and hope to do it on insane soon.