Is MW's cookie tied to IP addresses?

I wondering if any other members are like me... on the move and using a notebook to check email and MW postings via different WIFI hotspots throughout the day. What happens is each new location means having to log-in to MW again.

For webmail and e-commerce sites, I can see the need for basic security in checking a user's IP + cookie, but MW Forums?

So how about it? Please consider this request to simplify the bbs' behavior to allow persistent log-in.

Thanks!

The cookie does indeed appear to be tied to an IP address. Though I've noticed that when my ISP changes my IP, it doesn't seem to care. . . so it may have a "time out" period past which an IP can change without causing the cookie to freak out and require another log-in.

Though, just to avoid confusion, keep in mind that each computer has its own cookie. So you should be able to check MW from two different computers at two different locations without needing to log in each time.

Having said that, no, we're not a bank or E-Trade. But we still need to take security seriously. . . as does the maker of the forum software. It's no fun having an account with administrative/moderating rights compromised and the boards wiped clean. This has happened in the past.

So, it's unlikely that the site owners or admins will intentionally loosen up security. Rather, I'd suggest that a browser (like Firefox) that easily stores login passwords be used for accessing MW so that logging in as you go from access point to access point isn't as much of a pain.

Sorry, but that's really all I can suggest.