Macross Frontier Episode 2 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 2: "Hard Chase"  

174 members have voted

1. 1. Rating

• Yeh! Alto got a girl in the cockpit! (Positive)
    • Meh (neutral/No opinion)
    • I can get a girl in my cockpit better (Negative)

"Some comments"... that was me. Yeah, I thought this episode played well. The scene with the car on the highway was distracting for me, but otherwise it was great.

I was thinking about how for live action movies, the goal of CG is to make it look more real. For animation, the goal isn't necessarily realism. The goal in both scenarios is to blend in with the audience's expectations for the medium.

I am not complaining about it, though... the Valks and battle scenes look amazing. (I also liked Macross Zero a lot.)

The CG is ratcheted down to match well with the 2D animation. Zero was a perfect example of going too realistic, thus making the 2D animation appear out of place by comparison.

I thought the scene with the car on the highway was all Fokker from SDF:M! :lol:

Yeah, a definite homage.

I did like the fact that unlike M7 the cars sounded like they didn't run on gasoline... :rolleyes:

Though, I am positive that who we've been calling Gilliam is actually "Gideon". Several characters pronounced the name that way in this episode.

Good episode.

There was one animation flub in the park when Alto lands with Ranka. The VF still had it's left arm when it lost it the previous scene

Oh and I've talked to Egan and we're gonna accept both "Ranka" or "Lanca" until we get a definite answer. So we'll accept both like Linn Minmei/Lynn Minmay.

Good episode.

There was one animation flub in the park when Alto lands with Ranka. The VF still had it's left arm when it lost it the previous scene

Oh and I've talked to Egan and we're gonna accept both "Ranka" or "Lanca" until we get a definite answer. So we'll accept both like Linn Minmei/Lynn Minmay.

The vial of blood was labeled R. Lee so I'm thinking it is Ranka.

I could'nt stop laughing when

a car out of nowhere got blown up during Alto vs bug chase. And I was thinking all the civilians were already evacuated, that must be some poor journalist trying to get a scoop or something, and he got it big time

:lol: :lol:

I say all Macross class ship have poor internal defense/security.

This is not the first time an enemy managed to sneak in to the ship undetected.

Just to throw my hat into the whole Ranka/Lanka debate... am I the only one that watched the ED credits and saw the "Ranka Lee" pasted in the corner?

Could be some Engrish there <_< .

About the blood test, I somehow remember there are also blood sample taken from the Mayan native to see the connection between them with the Birdman. Probably Vajra is somehow related to Birdman, I bet that the blue blood have XX.XX% similiarity with the blood sample taken from Ranka. As I believe, didn't they inject Birdman blood to save Mao?

Just to throw my hat into the whole Ranka/Lanka debate... am I the only one that watched the ED credits and saw the "Ranka Lee" pasted in the corner?

We know about that. Egan did see the episode when I asked him about it earlier today. We also have printed material that says "Lanca". So until otherwise, we will accept both but we will be posting under "Ranka" in the Compendium.

Egan = Egan Loo, owner and operator of the Macross Compendium.

sketchley: To answer your question

about why Ozma wanted him, it's because it's SMS tradition for the last known person to see the KIA pilot to basically give a description (or a eulogy I guess), about how said pilot fought and died. Mind you, that's what I can recall off the top of my head from the dialogue.

Nice attention to detail in the episode. Not gonna post anymore about this because I know I'll end up describing all the dialogue. :lol:

Well I just watched the 2nd episode... it's pretty good. Action scenes are well done and I like the little tributes to the original series. As for the plot... well it's still very early.

One big positive of this series over Zero or 7 - the lead characters are likeable (so far).

The VF-25 is starting to grow on me.

The earing could be a gift from her grandmother (possibly Mao), hence its importance to her as a family heirloom.

Well the blood definitely makes the Reds bio lifeforms, whether they are cyborgs, armored or naturally thick skinned has yet to be seen.

However, I am convinced now that the Hammerheads are mecha, since they blew up in a rather machine like way and were not as peripherally aware of the attack when Michel was sniping them, whereas (unlike the manga) the lobsters were far more resilient to fire and even shyed away from it.

The lobsters seem similar to the Zentreadi and the PD and the Hammerheads were smaller, closer to the size of the VFs.

I think one of the things I like best about Macross F is that the main baddie (the red Vajra) requires more than one hit to destroy. It's nice to see teamwork and tactics returning. Of course, I do hope that we get to see a human side to the Vajra. Being the "faceless alien enemy" is ok for the first couple of episodes... but after that?

That commonet about VF-X2's Vinderance having met the Vajra is intriguing. I wonder how closely they'll be tying VF-X2 to Macross F?

Since they are bringing the VB-6 in to the series, that makes VF-X2 pretty canon to me.

Ok, I call BS on that first shot of Sherly, no human being can sit on the floor like that. I mean, come on, look at her legs! :wacko:

Who says that Sheryl is a human being?

Taksraven