Ultimate Valkirie Knock Off!

Sebastian

HG??

BW??

Licences?? This guys have NO respect about that. :o

You can see the toy is from MACROSS and it IS a Valkirie...

On top of that they did not even bother themselfes in changing the insruccion... at least they could erase... BANDAI from it! Lol!

Maybe it is an original product after all!

The toy is a 1/55 repro of the bandai re release Hickaru tipe.

Two colors. White and a NEON Fucsia.

No diecast on this piece of crap but it does have a decent ABS plastic. The head is totally overdimensionated and HUGLY.

Spring loaded landing gears like the original, but this ones des work escept for the one in the nosecone.

There in almopst NO paint on this succker, everything is stickers... the worsk sticker quality you can inmagine.

The leds are plain stupid but I guess Toynami will find them "interesting".

Compared to a Joons, I think Joons are better.

It cost me RMB 30, about US$ 3.38.

Nice additions are the Gun Clip, meissiles, and heat shield and the very nice canopy.

The silk print they use SUCKS, looks more like hand painted.

The pics form the packaging are taked from the hikaru 1/55 and the others are not 1/60 yamatos neither 1/48. They looks more like resin kits.

For almost $4.00 it seems like an interesting experimental piece. Do you plan on doing any modifications to it? Are you going to take any pictures in Battriod or Gerwalk mode? I hope it hasn't fallen apart during transformation.........has it? Great find! ;)

lol, hey for a bootleg that thing looks pretty nice... one thing though:

who comes up with the placement of these lights?? why the cockpit? why on toynami did they put it in the head? why not in the tip of the gun or inside the legs to simulate after burners or something.

the places they put the lights are so rediculous. hehe

so that the pilot can see clearer :lol:

Or telling the Zents, "Go ahead. Shoot me where the lights are." :lol:

Sounds like Kevin could import a container load and sell them all out. :p

I reckon it looks quite good for a boot. Funny how they have all the better pictures of 1/60 though, as if someone would be that silly to believe its the same...

Shoulda picked up a heap to bring back to Australia Sebastian! Im in the middle, *or should i say first quarter* of customising a boot I started a long time ago...its kinda fun, but had to do a lot of re arrangeing the insides so it can tranform still..

I wonder who made the original sculpt of the 1a bandai/tak head? it could never have ever looked good no matter what year it was done........ :huh:

30 RMB??

where did you find it? I never saw such a bootleg in Shanghai.

friend told me there are some other toy/model bootleg found in Yiwu, ZheJiang,China, but not for retail! and no other reports from rest of China.

I wonder where they go? only to USA? :(

I will post some more pics of this Valk in the other modes.

I havent tried the eat shield and canopy on my bandais. I will do it and will let you guys know if the parts fits well.

I think the plastic they use is a decent one, and some parts can be used in the 1/55s.

anyways the toy is ultra floppy, but I guess it could be used for custom. Much better that the old 5 bootleg,. but the head... OMG the head. :blink:

30 RMB??

where did you find it? I never saw such a bootleg in Shanghai.

friend told me there are some other toy/model bootleg found in Yiwu, ZheJiang,China, but not for retail! and no other reports from rest of China.

I wonder where they go? only to USA? :(

Yup it is the FIRST knock off I had found here in Shanghai. And I had been here for 3 years allready.

Funny I found it in a big Supermarket Chain like Carrefour. Ususally they carry original stuff, but now Carrefour sells nothing but bootlegs.

I had only found original Bandais and Yammies here. First time with a knock off.

Hummmmm...

I must say this knock off is a VERY good one.

I am kinda use to the YAmato accuracy and quality and I had to take out one BanDai Chunky Monkey out of the closet and then out of his box to compare.

Check the pics and see foryourself.

Gearwalk.