Clash of the Bionoids

I have to say that the DYRL dub Clash of the Bionoids is one of the funniest dubs I've ever seen, mainly because it's the Macross movie.... dubbed. :)

For those of you who have had the pleasure of seeing this, do you recall some of the hilarious dialogue? One is in my signature but some others include:

"You can still fight when you're drunk!!" - Roy

"I'll show you how to approach a girl... just watch Jet Jocket in action...." - Roy

"Boy, is she really female?" - Hikaru talking about Misa

:D Pure LUV

I have to say that the DYRL dub Clash of the Bionoids is one of the funniest dubs I've ever seen, mainly because it's the Macross movie.... dubbed. :)

For those of you who have had the pleasure of seeing this, do you recall some of the hilarious dialogue? One is in my signature but some others include:

"You can still fight when you're drunk!!" - Roy

"I'll show you how to approach a girl... just watch Jet Jocket in action...." - Roy

"Boy, is she really female?" - Hikaru talking about Misa

:D Pure LUV

"You Cheuvanist!! You disobey my orders??!!"

- Misa from Clash of the Bionoids

Your signature's an example of one of my favorite lines from Clash of the Bionoids. :D

Edited by MjrMisaHayase

I love the Clash of the Bionoids dub. It's a classic.

Back in my younger days, a friend and I when walking back home from the pub drunk, would shout out at every couple we saw "A man and a woman together, it must be Protoculture". We'd usually then fall on the floor in fits of laughter. Seemed funny at the time.

Graham

Back in my younger days, a friend and I when walking back home from the pub drunk, would shout out at every couple we saw "A man and a woman together, it must be Protoculture". We'd usually then fall on the floor in fits of laughter. Seemed funny at the time.

Graham

You can still crack lame jokes when you're drunk!

Graham

lol that is funny.

It is the best dub ever.

Mine has the gore and nudity too, i got mine professionally tranferred to DVD so i can keep it in good nick because

it was my first introduction to DYRL? afterall.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I personally love Laplamiz' "scream" or "moan" when she gets blown away. I always try to imagine just what the hell the voice actress is doing. I've also been amused when Hikaru I..chi..jo shouts "Minmay!" when Roy is killed.

Ah well, that's all for now.

I will cease communication...

Cease communication...

Cease communication...

I personally love Laplamiz' "scream" or "moan" when she gets blown away. I always try to imagine just what the hell the voice actress is doing. I've also been amused when Hikaru I..chi..jo shouts "Minmay!" when Roy is killed.

Ah well, that's all for now.

I will cease communication...

Cease communication...

Cease communication...

:lol:

FOCKER: hey, hikaruuu! HIKARU: A MAN!!!! SHAORIN: :wacko: ((yeah, i got a BEST VIDEO labled copy of that unedited version, titled simply MACROSS. the most emberassing yet hilarious dub in existence!! looks and sounds fantastic though on my mitsubishi HS-U70 S-VHS VCR.))

HS-U70.jpg

Edited by Shaorin

lol that is funny.

It is the best dub ever.

Mine has the gore and nudity too, i got mine professionally tranferred to DVD so i can keep it in good nick because

it was my first introduction to DYRL? afterall.

A-MAN-AND-A-WOMAN? WHAT'STHAT? A-MAN-AND-A-WOMAN!!!! IT-MUST-BE PRO-TO-CUL-TURE!!!! :lol:

Edited by Shaorin

FOCKER: hey, hikaruuu! HIKARU: A MAN!!!! SHAORIN: :wacko: (yeah, i got a BEST VIDEO labled copy of that unedited version, titled simply MACROSS. the most emberassing yet hilarious dub in existence!!)

LOL yea that makes NO sense :lol:

Picked my copy up back when I was in JR. High School at the local KB-Toy's for about $4.99, eventually loaned it out to a friend to never see it again.

There is nothing like watching DYRL dubbed by old school 70's Kung Fu movie voice actors.

Roy

"Alright, I'll show you the correct way to approach a girl, Just watch jet jockey in action"

Hikaru

"The MAN!!!!"

Clash is a the cut version. The full version was released on VHS entitled SDFM. Same voice actors.

Nupe, My Clash has Minmay titties and Millia 'Zentran potato salad crush' au spectaculauuuurrgr.

Was Kinseki, PAL version VHS. dunno what else to tell you. :unsure: *Reads cover "Clash of the Bionoids" yep*

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Believe me or not but the french dub is even worse... :p

Please tell more about it. :)

But I'm almost sure that I still can say that the Swedish dub is even worse. For example, one single person does almost half of the voices... :wacko:

Edited by Lorindor

Happy I can say I've never seen that English dub.

Back in the day, I got my hands on a VHS dub of DYRL with no subtitles at all... I still have that tape! I didn't understand Japanese much, but it was better than a bad dub. It added just the right degree of mystery. -_-

and let us not forget this one; MISA:...you must do this immediately! HIKARU:who is this? i saved you before,remember? MISA: there is no time to talk now, you must return to base! HIKARU: I AM NOT LISTENING TO A WOMAN! GO!! MISA: you cheuvanist! you disobey my orders?!?! :lol: or this one: HIKARU: THEY'RE FLOATING, JUST LIKE US!! SHAORIN: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by Shaorin

and let us not forget this one; MISA:...you must do this immediately! HIKARU:who is this? i saved you before,remember? MISA: there is no time to talk now, you must return to base! HIKARU: I AM NOT LISTENING TO A WOMAN! GO!! MISA: you cheuvanist! you disobey my orders?!?! :lol: or this one: HIKARU: THEY'RE FLOATING, JUST LIKE US!! SHAORIN: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

heeheehee... yes, I'd forgotten some of these. :D

But I'm almost sure that I still can say that the Swedish dub is even worse. For example, one single person does almost half of the voices... :wacko:

Honnestly, I've buried most of these replies in the utmost depth of my subconcious because it was far too much horrible to be remembered. But I remember Claudia's reply to Ikaru after Roy death, in Gloval desk: Ikaru and Misa are looking at her, she asks about Roy and Ikaru replies that he will be missed, then Claudia says 'Yes, he was a cool guy' or something like that... :rolleyes:

Kamjin death was ridiculous also: they made him scream like a little girl, and they cut the sequence before he pukes blood. First entrance of Millia was stupid too: after having defeated the bunch of zentrans, she talks about 'the army of women' as being superior but in a way which sounded very feminist and I could have wondered if she wasn't going to burn her bras if I hadn't seen the movie raw before; the actress had a nice voice though...

If I can find my old VHS I've ripped this movie on, I'll take another look at it and will tell you more: there's some jewels in it :p

I think I've sat through Clash once, literally...but one of the first two anime tapes I ever bought was a copy of the SDFM dub from a store in Seattle in 1990.

And, yes--even after eighteen years, you just can't stop "You can still fight when you're drunk!" B))

FOCKER: hey, hikaruuu! HIKARU: A MAN!!!! SHAORIN: :wacko: ((yeah, i got a BEST VIDEO labled copy of that unedited version, titled simply MACROSS. the most emberassing yet hilarious dub in existence!! looks and sounds fantastic though on my mitsubishi HS-U70 S-VHS VCR.)

The problem with the BEST dub is that all the lyrics from Minmay's songs is edited out. I'll never undrstand that; just subtitle the music not cut it. I have Clash, BEST, & a copy of the LD one on VHS. If you want the complete dub hunt down the VHS copied from the LD; it has japanese subs but it's completely unedited.

These are my copies of the BEST & VHS/LD versions. I lost my the cover to my CLASH version.

post-356-1207843894_thumb.jpg

post-356-1207843944_thumb.jpg

post-356-1207843966_thumb.jpg

post-356-1207843974_thumb.jpg

Edited by terry the lone wolf

haha. omg, i remember all these quotes!! now i have a sudden urge to torture myself and watch the bionoids dub again. i still have the VHS tape somewhere in my basement, buried under other stuff that i had no intention of ever watching again. but now it's like a wound that i would like to scratch again. hehehe. :)

Believe me or not but the french dub is even worse... :p

Well. The "dub" in itself wasn't that bad - the voice actors for the most part were pretty good. The translation though is a whole different matter.

Well the french version was very special ^^

For starters it was called "Macross - Robotech le Film" on the box and had english credits ("Super Space Fortress Macross") and the ending had no vocals.

More oddity : no character in french DYRL seems to have a name and a first name. Nope. They only all had ONE name and that's all. Of course most of them didn't have the proper names : Hikaru was called Hikari, Roy Focker became Foster, Gloval became Glovak and Minmay became.... Mingmei :lol: (that is for everytone beside the voice actor for Hikaru who actually did call here MINMAY - so I have assume he had seen Robotech before). All the names sounds like they'd be poorly romaniced - from what I'd heard it had actualy been translated from an english script poorly translated from Japan so... ^^'

The weirdest aspect was the translation tough. After finally seiin the movie subbed a few years ago, I think pretty much 50% of the dialogue have like little to do with the original :D The craziest aspect though was when Misa plug that Protuculture computer in the ancient city : rather than the unknown language... It spoke in french... the voice claimed they were the "Space Immigrants" to the astoshniment of Misa (who seems to know of these immigrants) and tries to learn more, but the computer says that Hikaru and Misa are just "human copies" and shuts off leaving Misa like... "how rude" :lol:

The relationship between the character felt somewhat different too - for instance it gave the impression that Misa and Hikaru were already good buddies at he beginning of the movie even thouth they yelled at each.

Amongts other odities : Zero-G Love had no vocalcs, and one of Minmay's song (the one she sings when she is captive before Boldoza) was replaced by anotehr song in ENGLISH - which I have no idea where it could come from

So yeah it was a mess :lol:

-Sergorn