Star Wars toys

i got wave 13 early!! I dunno ghow, but Saga Central got their pre-orders, so I have my set in hand!

ok, all open now, so some thoughts:

*All the Vong stuff on Jacen comes off, and he looks MUCH cooler without it.

*Jaina looks much nicer out of package. her saber is pink

*Jacen feels somehow out of scale with Jaina, who seems much smaller somehow.

*K'kreuk is one of the best SW figures released. Great artic, taller than the others, really nice sculpt. An AMAZING figure

*Spacetrooper doesnt have a gun, which seems odd.

*Shaak ti also looks cooler in person. the headsculpt is great.

*Darktrooper Phase 1 is OK. Its a nice sculpt n all, but im not a huge fan of the design. Not bad.

*BG-J38 is...a droid. he's quirky lookin and OK, but probably one of the last BAD's Id have wanted.

great wave!!!

As I said in an earlier post, other than the criminal lack of ankle articulation, this Lumiya isn't all that bad.

The figure is definitely comparable to the other Star Wars figures currently out there.

FYI: for those of you in the US, check your local Wal-Marts: I scored both the WM exclusive dewback + sandtrooper and AT-ST today for 50% off!!!! There are also reports of people finding the Turbo Tank for $50!!! Good hunting!!!

:)

Am I the only one that dislikes the new AT-ST? I had to check like twice to make sure the pics weren't mislabeled and that Wal-Mart didn't get in old stock. Compared to the models used in filming, it looks to me like the old toys are more accurate. Articulation be damned, the new ones look bulkier and simplified.

FYI: for those of you in the US, check your local Wal-Marts: I scored both the WM exclusive dewback + sandtrooper and AT-ST today for 50% off!!!! There are also reports of people finding the Turbo Tank for $50!!! Good hunting!!!

:)

My son received an AT-ST for Christmas, but when we opened it, the pilot's left arm was stuck in place. When I tried to twist it loose, the joint broke in two places.

We took it back this evenening and to my surprise, Turbo Tanks were $49.99 still :) We used the credit to buy a Turbo Tank instead. I think that was a good trade!

I just snagged the LEGO TIE Defender at TRU. Horribly overpriced, $55, but it'll be my main Xmas present for myself this year so I splurged. (yeah, it'll probably be $45 at Target, but they won't get any until Jan/Feb at best)

Also saw a Cad Bane fig for the first time ever. (and moved it down and forward to a low peg, next to an Ahsoka) :)

actually target has it for 49.99 according to their website:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/189-0...gt_adv_XSMG1060

Yeah, I saw it at Target right after I bought it at TRU. Still horribly overpriced. Either TRU isn't gouging as much as they normally do on LEGO, or Target is charging more than normal due to "new for Xmas". 300 pieces for $50 has got to be among the worst "price per piece" ratio from LEGO in a long time. (exclusions are of course made for motors, lights etc, but this set has none of that--it's all simple basic pieces)

The Clone Wars Y-Wing is nearly double the pieces for only a slightly higher price--and it even includes "specific" characters (which generally cost more than "generics" like a trooper).

Yeah, I saw it at Target right after I bought it at TRU. Still horribly overpriced. Either TRU isn't gouging as much as they normally do on LEGO, or Target is charging more than normal due to "new for Xmas". 300 pieces for $50 has got to be among the worst "price per piece" ratio from LEGO in a long time. (exclusions are of course made for motors, lights etc, but this set has none of that--it's all simple basic pieces)

The Clone Wars Y-Wing is nearly double the pieces for only a slightly higher price--and it even includes "specific" characters (which generally cost more than "generics" like a trooper).

from what I've seen target has raised their prices on legos. The battle packs use to be 9.99. Now some targets I've seen them for 12.99. But then at another target they are 11.99. Weird how some targets have different prices especially when these targets are like 15 minutes from each other.

Weird how some targets have different prices especially when these targets are like 15 minutes from each other.

Being a former department head for Target, I can tell you that pricing is mandatory across the board as far as corporate goes, but ultimately it's up to the team lead for that department that determines pricing. Get to know the team lead for the toy department and they may take care of you...

The price per piece ratio has been thrown out the window pretty much at least with Star Wars.

If you want to talk about TRU gouging on LEGO the $20 Toy Story set with RC, Buzz, and Woody was $27 at TRU. That's a crazy mark up.

^^If we're talking about the original, "as released" figures, you weren't missing much.

Malak needs a little more height and buffness in his sculpt, could use more/better articulation, has an inaccurate cape that SHOULDN'T cover his whole back, is missing his back tabbards, has an overly bulky faceplate, has a lightsaber that's just a bit on the short side, and has a head that's too wrinkley for my tastes.

Revan has no leg articulation whatsoever, has an inaccurately sculpted mask, and I'm not a fan of how his hood is molded to his cape. You can't turn the head without the cape flying off to Revan's left or right side. Also, I think he looks a lot better with a black cloak than the gray one they gave him in-package.

Of course, modifying both figures rectifies a few of these problems. ;)

So, I was cleaning up my FX-X wing the other day and started to wonder why the opposite wing cannons have the blue stripes on them? I know there's a reason for it in Star War lore, be it canon or not, but I was wondering if any of you guys knew?

I collect SW figures from time to time.

I go to the store pick up one cool figure and then stop for a years at a time cause all I see are 20 of those Ugly Six Titted Bitches from Jabba's Palace warming the pegs. Hmmm....warming the peg that sounds good but She's ugly it's not like she's the chick from Total Recall. Wait what was I gonna talk about?

Oh yeah what are the definitive figures to get? I hate picking a fig to find that does not have SA or they have one ugly looking part. What figs are on par with VOTC Han Solo from Episode 4? Prequels, Clone Wars and Random back ground characters like Bespin Ice Cream Man don't count.

Haven't collected any SW stuff since the mid-90s, but now that my 5-yr old and I are into the Clone Wars, my itch has resurfaced and I've been getting the new CW figs for him and handing down my 90s stuff. (I actually scored an AT-TE at an TJ Maxx for $40!! But I'm also getting miffed that I walked by the exclusive figs when they were out....)

My question is with the current CW figure waves.........is Hasbro still doing the whole "short-packed" thing?

Just want to know if I should jump on a figure when I see one, or wait until I can actually afford it, so he can have the different figs.

Thanks!

Anyone with the new BIG WINGED TIE FIGHTERS, are they worth picking up? THey are $40+tax over here. Dig the TIE pilots.

I've got the one that was "exclusive" to Target. Very nice piece, much better than previous ones. Coloring is spot on, the awkward extension off the back is gone (like the recent TIE Interceptor). The pilot has been improved as well. Overall I was very impressed.

TIE Pilots are the best ^_^