Star Wars toys

What a piece of junk ... awesome.

haha yeah! Well said!!

We need to get some "inside" pics! Anyone found the figure with Luke and BlastSheild down helmet?

They obviously can't stand up inside when the falcon is closed/sealed. Anyone with some lineart pics to compare???

be nice if they actually released a non-fugly Leia fig... Hoth suit of course! sexy.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

OK, a couple of people asked what i did exactly:

used 4 x Gundam pens, 1 x brown ink Gundam pen, 2 x staedtler Lumacolour black Permant pens and s blsck artline permanent marker.

The panel lines are a mix of the thing and thick pens that i had. i used the thicker pens to colour in areas of solid black in certain area, most nooticeably the recessed circle areas and the sides. i then used the thin pens to quickly squiggle a stain someone then smeared it with my finger. Did this with the brown pen too. Also made what looked (To me) liek grease or rust stains using the thinner pens, usually trying to have them come off something, be it a panel line or one of the random lumps the falcon has all over it.

the darker black 'stained' areas i coloured m,my finger with the permantn marker then quickly rubbed it over certain areas, mainly round the rear engine circles and behind the Sensor dish. did this a few times. went back in and added rust witht he brown pen over those areas too.

Thats it! Not too hard, just takes patience. Oh, i did the fighter too, Ill have to takle pics of it sometime. panel lined the X and B wings, am trying to decide if Ill do the interceptor and y Wing or not...

Have they redone the speederbike since the old ones, or is it the same old design?
In 2002, Hasbro retooled the Speeder Bike to be included with the Deluxe Clone Trooper. It had more realistic handles, and some other details, but had a dorky removable missile launcher. They repainted it white in 2003 for the Clone Wars line. The bike was part of Hasbro's short-lived idea for cross-toy integration. It could be disassembled and stored in the rear of the Republic Gunship vehicle.

Its worth tracking down if you're looking for a speeder bike that doesn't have dumb 80s handlebars.

woah... no way! :-D I waws thinking ok, yeah if they were standing in the cargo holds but... wow!

so tempting to get one...

OK, Chewie cant stand without being bent over, but the others are fine. Didnt take pics, but there u go, the rest are ok.

Also be careful of the 'cargo hold' area behind the doors: it basically empties into the mold of the Falcon, so anything in there could slide to a plce u cant get it if u move the Falcon round to much.

Man, I cant get over how cheap u can get stuff on ebay. Maybe Im to used to buying stuff from Japan now, I dunno. Ive gotten heaps and heaps of figures in the last couple of weeks for the cost of a VF-1!

Ok, I cracked and I got a great deal on a Falcon here in Mexico City (I should've bought two since I'll probably never see that toy at that price here again).

Anyway, I'm very happy with the two figures included and now I want the rest of the ANH cast again, since I quit collecting these quite some time ago and I lost track of the improvements.

The thing now is that with this toy bending knees are a must, given the new chairs and such. I have the list that Shin gave us, but then I saw the pictures in the back of the box, illustrating all the features and I think those figures are just right. Can you guys identify them for me? I'm interested on the Luke figure (or figures if they're two separate ones), Leia (if she has a nice face sculpt), and of course both droids... Does that Threepio can really bend the knees?

Thanks in advance, guys.

Edit: I'm not sure about that R2, tho'. What I really want is a well detailed R2 with retractable third leg and swiveling ankles, like that Imperial R2 unit I have only white and blue instead of black. I'm not interested in opening doors, rocket pods or battle damage features.

post-1636-1220848712_thumb.jpg

post-1636-1220848729_thumb.jpg

post-1636-1220848741_thumb.jpg

post-1636-1220848755_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

Does that Threepio can really bend the knees?

Yes

I have the list that Shin gave us, but then I saw the pictures in the back of the box, illustrating all the features and I think those figures are just right.

I have to see the pics again, but I would wait a bit for the upcoming battle pack set of the Millenium Falcon crew. It has some of the ANH characters who were on the ship, and accessories, like the oxygen masks they used in ESB, the blast helmet for Luke when he is practicing use of the light saber, et al. I think its actually all of the figures they showed on the Millenium Falcon box.

*edit* actually, I just saw the scans you uploaded. Leia, ANH Luke, Han, threepio and R2 are all the VOTC(Vintage Original Trilogy Collection) figures from 2004. The ESB Luke is a saga Luke from 2003. There is a VOTC ESB Luke with much better articulation, not sure if the arm recovery unit can be placed on his right hand though. Also, he looks sleepy. All of the accessories shown might come with the upcoming MF battle pack, for $19.99

Yes

I have to see the pics again, but I would wait a bit for the upcoming battle pack set of the Millenium Falcon crew. It has some of the ANH characters who were on the ship, and accessories, like the oxygen masks they used in ESB, the blast helmet for Luke when he is practicing use of the light saber, et al. I think its actually all of the figures they showed on the Millenium Falcon box.

*edit* actually, I just saw the scans you uploaded. Leia, ANH Luke, Han, threepio and R2 are all the VOTC(Vintage Original Trilogy Collection) figures from 2004. The ESB Luke is a saga Luke from 2003. There is a VOTC ESB Luke with much better articulation, not sure if the arm recovery unit can be placed on his right hand though. Also, he looks sleepy. All of the accessories shown might come with the upcoming MF battle pack, for $19.99

Thanks again, Shin. You rock. :)

BTW, I just handed my MF to a friend of mine who's a big SW fan and an amazing sculptor. The idea is to mod the interior of the toy to make it look more like the actual sets, and to distribute the spaces better (we're even planning on actually connecting the cockpit to the rest of the ship via a detailed corridor). Then, I'm planning on adding some more LEDs on the aisles and the cockpit and eventually doing a paint job all over the thing. It'll probably take me quite some time to complete, 'cause I have very little time for myself, but I'm very excited about it. I'll post pics as soon as my friend has some of the sculpt work done. Right now all I have is a dismantled half Millenium Falcon.

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

Id buy a second one. Just in case ;)

Sounds pretty cool. I suggest taking out the mini fighter hanger for added space. Add the elevator that Lando grabs luke with in TESB.

That's actually a very good idea. I'll probably do that once the other heavy mods are done. I don't like the mini fighter at all and was thinking what should I do with that section. The thing there is that you have to strip off the whole area and detail it again, the floor for example is too high, so you'd have to take it out and add a new floor so the figures can stand, but it's doable.

As for buying a new toy just in case, fortunately my friend insisted in not to make any mods to the actual pieces but making recasts of them and modify those instead. If I had it my way, my Falcon would have glue smudges, Dremel scars and pieces of plastic of different colors slapped all over the place.

Here's a sketch I did of some of the planned mods:

post-1636-1221178543_thumb.jpg

Semi-random question:

While rifling through the Titanium ships looking for BSG ones, I noticed all the recent ones seem to have what looks like "Aayla Secura in form-fitting Storm Trooper armor" on the borders of their artwork. Is that just outright fan service or what? Googling didn't bring up anything.

i dont recall ever seeing her in it.

LSB: It took me a few seconds of thinking you had horrendously hard to read handwriting to realise thats all in (I want to say) Spanish so Im not sure entirely what it says, but Im guessing u plan to add a panel to block off the medical bay, and add the corridor to the cockpit section there, bth of which are cool ideas.

Some thoughts:

* The wall you add for the medical area will make it very hard to sit figures in the gunners chair. id either make the wall soemthing that easily clock in and out, or perhaps re work the gunners chair area to lift out, so a figure can be placed in it, then lowered and re attched into place.

* With regards to redoing the floor in the fighter bad; I suggest removing the wall their entirely, and using a mold of some of the decking in the main falcon area in that section, then extending it, essentially enlarging the whole floor space. make the current fighter docking door a sild part of the wall, since there is no longer a need for it. use part of the inner wall (From somewhere in the falcon) to make a wall that partiall blocks that area off, though not completely. Somehwere at the back of that section, close to the gun well, is where u could put the "Landovator." now ALL of that is pretty tough, especially the elevator part which would be a MASSIVE reworking.

* the area thats currenty behind the double doors behind the medbay; have u thought about making part of the roof there removable? that would give you better access to that bay, and maybe you could create the area of the Falcon where Leia and Han have their first little romantic moment?

*Will you make a sliding door for the cockpit side of the corridor?