Star Wars toys

I went to Star Wars Celebration here in Orlando, saw Lucas and the Robot Chicken guys. Picked up Medicom Boba Fett, and Sideshow Mace Windu and Darth Maul, both exclusive versions for dirt cheap. Boba was the most expensive.

http://www.toyark.com/news/star-wars-toy-news-3/vintage-star-wars-empire-strikes-back-images-and-info-2726/

SW-Luke-Skywalker-Packaging_1273809055_thumb.jpg

http://www.toyark.com/news/star-wars-toy-news-3/vintage-star-wars-empire-strikes-back-images-and-info-2726/

got the new ESB Luke Bespin clothed fig, best damn figure i have of Luke, head sculpt is perfect and the ballish leg joints are a dream for posing,

i'll get pics up soon.

Today i bought my first Vadar fig too of the same new empire strikes back line. All i need is a c3po fig then i'm done.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Today i bought my first Vadar fig too of the same new empire strikes back line. All i need is a c3po fig then i'm done.

That new Vadar is a little problematic. On some, the two-part helmet won't stay on at all. The "chain" on the cape also has a tendency to be bent up instead of resting on Vadar's chest. I ended up with three of them (2 from a case lot and 1 from the Hoth Assault pack). I used a drop of crazy glue to pin down the chain and glued down the whole helmet on one of them so that I can handle him without his head falling apart.

I went to Star Wars Celebration here in Orlando, saw Lucas and the Robot Chicken guys. Picked up Medicom Boba Fett, and Sideshow Mace Windu and Darth Maul, both exclusive versions for dirt cheap. Boba was the most expensive.

How much did that fett cost you?

I was kinda sad the Micro-machine-esque game thing died out. I was hoping to get more capital ships. I really want a capital ship type game (board or computer) to play strategically, as well as tactically.

got the new ESB Luke Bespin clothed fig, best damn figure i have of Luke, head sculpt is perfect and the ballish leg joints are a dream for posing,

The ball-jointed hips on the Bespin Luke are a little wonky to pose (Don't expect to pose him sitting in a chair all proper-like). But yeah, it's a pretty kick-ass, dead-on sculpt.

I'm still amazed at how well Hasbro was able to hide the ankle joints on him. But can someone explain to me why they left the peg on the lit-up lightsaber? :huh:

Also picked up the Hoth Leia at the same time (about a month ago). Not too shabby either.

A mild warning though: if you're gonna pose her without the vest, she'll have a little bit of the "bubble butt syndrome" going on (not that there's anything wrong with that! :lol: ).

Now, I'm just waiting for the Magnaguards to be released (I have a feeling they'll be impossible to find since they're gonna be packed 1 to a set, and everybody's probably gonna try to troop-build 'em or get at least two <_< ).

Edited by Mog

has the esb boba fett figure come out yet and has anyone got it?

did anyone send away for the rocket firing boba fett?

Yeah, it's out. I think it's the same figure from the Evolutions set, isn't it?

I sent away for my rocket Fett a couple of weeks ago. Not sure when they're shipping, but Hasbro cashed my check three days after I sent it.

It has been fun reading your posts and catching up on what is new with the Star Wars toy line(s).

I decided to open up a few boxes in the basement where I stashed all of my old 'Joes, Transformers, and Star Wars figures and found a a few cool things. I forgot that I had most of the 12in. Star Wars figures, found the miniature Bespin and Hoth playsets (with figures), and one of those "rare" blue snaggletooth figures. When I got him, I wasn't really interested in the cantina set - I put him away in a figure carrying case and forgot about him. Fast-forward a million years and it looks like a have a desirable figure in great shape! Neat.

It sounds like quite a few of you are serious collectors - what would be the best way for me to sell what I have? Ebay? I'm not really attached to my old toys so I have no issue letting go of this stuff.

Edited by Rossi

• 2 weeks later...

yeah those and the revenge of the sith vc look cool. that luke jedi looks cool. i skipped star wars for a while but starting with the esb figures are these the first time that they have been released with the vintage style cards like the ones from way back? have they made any for episode 4?

Edited by sh002

have they made any for episode 4?

Yeah, the very first wave of what was then known as Vintage On The Card (2004) was the Episode 4 wave. It included a Tatooine Luke (with removable tunic and interesting articulation), Leia and I think Han Solo, Chewbacca and a Stormtrooper. There may have been others but my memory is a bit foggy. I only bought the Luke figure, which is a little short but remains my favorite Tatooine Luke.

That was followed by a wave of Empire and a wave of Jedi in 2005 or 2006. The current figures you see are essentially a continuation of those waves of figures, although I'm not sure why they seem to be skipping Episode 4 this time around. I haven't seen any mention of a Phantom Menace wave, either.

Edited by eriku

That Luke looks bad ass. Love my HK-47 (and the HK-50, too!). The B.A.D. thing got to be to buy a whole bunch of figs that I haven't taken out of the blister just the droid part. :ph34r:

Anyone get the TRU TIE Interceptor? Yay or Nay?

Yeah, the very first wave of what was then known as Vintage On The Card (2004) was the Episode 4 wave.

Could have swore they were usually referred to as Vintage Original Trilogy Collection (VOTC), then Vintage The Saga Collection (VTSC), and that each wave wasn't movie-specific.

Reference Link

Reference #2

Reference #3

I only bought the Luke figure, which is a little short but remains my favorite Tatooine Luke.

Personally, I prefer the one they included with the Resurgence of the Jedi battlepack.

post-3595-128349814018_thumb.jpg

The face sculpt looks a lot better. Though, I'll grant that Hasbro was smart enough to re-use the legs from the Vintage Tatooine Luke.

Anyone get the TRU TIE Interceptor? Yay or Nay?

Does the 181st Squadron TIE Interceptor from a few years back count?

yeah i was mainly talking about episode 4 on the original style cardbacks. i guess only empire strikes back, revenge of the sith, and one episode 4 cardback of sandtrooper for now with return of the jedi coming next.

btw anyone see the revenge of the sith figures at targets? only seen them at tru so far.

btw anyone see the revenge of the sith figures at targets? only seen them at tru so far.

Saw a few at Walmart yesterday. But no Magnaguards or Grievous.

Mostly, just Anakins, Obi's, and Clones. Someone probably got the prime ones in the morning or on Saturday.

Someone asked about the new Tie Interceptor at TRU.

I have 2 of them. It's nice, but the wings are made of a very soft plastic, and don't hold shape too well. I have heard horror stories from others who have it about the springs going bad.

But as a display piece, it's pretty rockin'. The Cockpit is super detailed.

And that pilot is the best Tie Pilot to date.

It was suppose to retail for 40, but TRU in all their greed marked it up 10 bucks more than the MSRP. NOT worth 50 bucks.

On a side note, it's on sale at the toysrus website for 30 with FREE SHIPPING. I'd pick it up there and save you 20 bucks.

TRU did the same Price Jack to the MP Grimlock. Hasbro announced was suppose to be 50. TRU had him on their site afterwards for 60 and it sold out, now 70 because of the high demand. Absurd mark up for TRU. But again, it is called Manufacturer SUGGESTED retail price.

I'm not surprised, TRU has had a problem with the Bricks and Mortar stores making a profit for at least 10 years now, ever since people started doing Christmas shopping on the internet.

Picked up an AT-TE on clearance, it was missing the 6 small missiles that are used for the laser cannon turrets. I sent an email to Hasbro, and they sent me 6 new legs to replace the original loose ones, and 6 large lasers cannons, the one that mounts to the top of the toy.

The new legs are super tight, and hold up under a great deal of stress. Highly recommend anyone who has an AT-TE to shoot an email to Hasbro to get them.

Habro replaced a part? That's almost unheard of. 99% of the time, they just offer "to replace with a toy of equal value". Maybe because the AT-TE is so big/unique? (I know that on anything 20 bucks or less, you'll just get "the offer")

Grabbed Dack at my local Walmart and now my Snowspeeder crew is complete. Also picked up the C-3PO figure with the Ewoks' log chair. It lacks all the ball joints of the new Vintage Collection one, but I can't stand that toyish yellow they painted it of. Reminds me of the Droids cartoon 3PO. Besides, it's not like Anthony Daniels had a great deal of movement inside the 3PO suit anyway.

Any comments on the Turbo Tank? Good? Bad?

Thinking of getting my son one for Christmas. He now has so many Clone Troopers, that his Gunship and AT-TE can't hold them all, so we need another Clone carrier.......LOL!

Not sure what my wife will say though!

Graham

Is that the big giant off-roader with like 16 wheels, or the square turretless tank? The wheeled vehicle is pretty cool, but the square tank is boring as hell.

Any comments on the Turbo Tank? Good? Bad?

Thinking of getting my son one for Christmas. He now has so many Clone Troopers, that his Gunship and AT-TE can't hold them all, so we need another Clone carrier.......LOL!

Not sure what my wife will say though!

Graham

My son has a Turbo Tank and I would agree that its a boring toy compared to the AT TE. It has lots of room like the AT TE, but its no where near as dynamic. It is also grossly out of scale for the figures, but thats something a child hardly notices. My son never plays with his and it sits on the shelf. He really likes his Jedi fighters, gunship, and AT TE a lot more.

Got my mail-away rocket-firing "vintage" Boba Fett today. While it's cool to finally have a rocket-firing vintage Fett, I think the most interesting aspect is that it looks to me like they either did a lot of work on the mold or made a completely new sculpt that closely mirrors the original. The new one is slightly larger, a lot of the details are noticeably different (check out the hexagon in the center of his breastplate and the chain mail on his shoulders).

boba01.jpg

boba02.jpg

boba03.jpg

boba04.jpg

Hasbro probably should have taken a little more care mailing these out though. It comes in a box so small (the dimensions are just big enough to squeeze the card into) that you are virtually guaranteed to get a damaged card. Mine was obviously forcefully crammed into the box because two inches of one of the top corners was bent over and mangled. I personally don't care (the package is already in the recycle bin) but it'll suck for people who want to display this MOC.

pretty cool boba fett. will see when mine arrives.

anyone think some of the star wars vehicles are a little overpriced? saw the y-wing and it was $70 without a pilot. the tie interceptor was like $50 but come they should be cheaper.

can't wait for the rotj luke jedi to come out but i doubt its gonna be just there on the shelves. maybe at tru when it comes out but they charge a little more than target.