Macross Frontier Episode 1 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 1: "Close Encounter"  

132 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about the theme songs and theme animation for Frontier?

• Loved both of 'em! Definitely new pants worthy.
    • Liked one more than the other. (specify)
    • This is gonna take a while to grow on me.
    • I ain't crapping in my pants for this. (i.e. Hated it)

I apologize if this is against the rules (moderators please let me know) but I have tried to torrent the non-deculture version of episode 01 about 4 times now from two different torrent sites and each time once it is downloaded and I try to open it I get a message:

"ERROR - 2102: a bad public movie atom was found in the movie [AIA I-Z] Macross Frontier 01"

I have successfully downloaded the deculture, episode 02 and episode 03 on the same torrent sites for the AIA I-Z subs but this one episode I just keep getting this.

Does anyone have any advice for me? What I can do? I am really curious to see the non-Decultre version of episode 01 and would love to be able to have the AIA I-Z version in consistency with my other subs.

Nothing wrong...but you're in the wrong spot.

At this point, I would forget the AiA-IZ sub (Even I had problems playing back their version of episode 1). I would watch the Shinsen sub. It's an AVI. Or wait for AOne/Gekkostate/Menclave to release the SD AVI.

Nothing wrong...but you're in the wrong spot.

At this point, I would forget the AiA-IZ sub (Even I had problems playing back their version of episode 1). I would watch the Shinsen sub. It's an AVI. Or wait for AOne/Gekkostate/Menclave to release the SD AVI.

Thank you!

Finally got around to watching the first episode and so far it's great. I've needed a Macross fix for a long time and can't to see how this new series goes. I tried to see how long I could stay away but finally gave in. I don't have any serious preference as to what I want to the series to be like. I've enjoyed all of Macross (SDF, Macross II, DYRL, 7 (series, ova, etc) and Plus). Though I'm not a huge fan of Macross Zero since I didn't care for the story to much but the again I've only seen it once so maybe I have to watch it again.

Now on to episode 1. Sure the lead is a pretty boy but at least he isn't totally feminine and has issues with that (nice to see). Him working with mecha suits in school, the same it seems pilots have, makes it more believable he could just jump into a valk and know how to pilot it to some degree.

All of the characters seem pretty enjoyable for the most part. I didn't like the Sheryl at first and it wasn't until Alto was telling her off during the evacuation that I started to change my mind. They could have shown that part of her a bit earlier though since I was almost to the point of hating the character and thinking she was a real bitch (she's acting like one but seems that it could be an act or a way of her dealing with something).

I don't like that the UN Spacey pilots seem so green though. Also the battles were a bit hard to follow. They looked great but there was just way to much going on at the speed things were shown at. I had to rewind a few times as a result.

Can't wait to see how Alto does in his first battle though.

Also how old is Ranka anyway? If she is going to be apart of the love triangle I just know is going to take place I rather see her win out in the end.

Edited by Effect

• 2 months later...

I got my Blu-ray of episode 1, and have to say, it looks absolutely stunning. Yack Deculture edition is an interesting remix; overall really awesome, although there is one stretch of musical silence that's really kind of oddly intense. Nice to have both the Plus homages, and the Sheryl flight scene in the same edition.

So they released a recut version of the first episode with footage from both the Deculture and aired editions? I hope it flows together better than the aired version, which had some sloppy edits, like Alto catching a paper airplane that just happened to be flying through the air, since you never saw him fold and throw it before he took off. Looking forward to a fansub of that, I'll have to keep an eye out.

*edit*

Ja, just caught the Yakku Deculture information in the News thread.

Edited by Radd

It's pure deculture. Yack yeculture. :ph34r:

(or however you wish to spell it... my prefered way is ヤック・デカルチャー)

Basicly your everything thrown together cut of the first episode. Also I think some lines of dialouge were slightly altered. Anyway wonderful as it is having a version with everything, I hink I might actually just prefer the Deculture edition, the pacing felt better. So I'm glad to have both ^_^

Best version yet, thank farting god they fixed the timing on the BGM the target to start up when Ozma transforms. That change was annoying in the broadcast version and yes DC for the win as the ED theme. The only Aimo I want to hear anymore is the Maaya version which I sincerely hope is on OST II.

It's pure deculture. Yack yeculture. :ph34r:

(or however you wish to spell it... my prefered way is ヤック・デカルチャー)

Basicly your everything thrown together cut of the first episode. Also I think some lines of dialouge were slightly altered. Anyway wonderful as it is having a version with everything, I hink I might actually just prefer the Deculture edition, the pacing felt better. So I'm glad to have both ^_^

I gave up my spelling nazi ways. :unsure: Soooo yesterday.

Regardless, any notable lines changed?