Macross Frontier Episode 1 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 1: "Close Encounter"  

132 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about the theme songs and theme animation for Frontier?

• Loved both of 'em! Definitely new pants worthy.
    • Liked one more than the other. (specify)
    • This is gonna take a while to grow on me.
    • I ain't crapping in my pants for this. (i.e. Hated it)

Reminder:

Please don't ask when something will be released. The guidelines state this. It will be released when it's released. Asking for it only makes people move slower.

Reminder:

Please don't ask when something will be released. The guidelines state this. It will be released when it's released. Asking for it only makes people move slower.

Rest assured when something is released, a bunch of us will be on here screaming about it like little girls.

Rest assured when something is released, a bunch of us will be on here screaming about it like little girls.

I prefer to whimper instead of screaming.

Edited by Heron

Exactly. So please quit your whining about some group isn't fast enough or where is it, blah blah blah. This is why I have listed all the resources you need in the first post. When someone has it on Rapidshare or what not, they will PM a mod and we will post it on the 1st post within 24 hours.

I'm seeding it now. Looks like I'm the only one..?

Nope, I am still seeding and will leave it seeding for awhile. Man but this l looks so much better than the fansubs from December...

Not exactly getting blazing speed over here, but that's okay...worst case, the thing goes to ludicrous speed once I go to bed and I simply seed it for the next ten hours.

To revisit a previous question, though: a subbed version should (in theory) pop up, what, over the weekend at the extreme earliest?

Ok, I don't want to be Mr Negative here, but they really butchered this episode. And its not just what they took out, its how it was edited, which is to say whoever did it should be fired. George Lucas couldn't have done a worse edit. Most of the continuity between scenes is all but gone. Its like a bunch of scenes just stuck together, there is really little flow to it. The fight sequence/concert is now totally underwhelming (and, once again, horribly edited).

I understand it had to be cut down to be 24 minutes or whatever, but they did a horrid job. A bunch of us could get together with editing software and do a far superior job.

I'm not even tempted to watch this again. I'll stick with the Deculture edition.

Ok, I don't want to be Mr Negative here, but they really butchered this episode. And its not just what they took out, its how it was edited, which is to say whoever did it should be fired. George Lucas couldn't have done a worse edit. Most of the continuity between scenes is all but gone. Its like a bunch of scenes just stuck together, there is really little flow to it. The fight sequence/concert is now totally underwhelming (and, once again, horribly edited).

I understand it had to be cut down to be 24 minutes or whatever, but they did a horrid job. A bunch of us could get together with editing software and do a far superior job.

I'm not even tempted to watch this again. I'll stick with the Deculture edition.

Talk about a short honeymoon...