Macross Frontier Episode 1 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 1: "Close Encounter"  

132 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about the theme songs and theme animation for Frontier?

• Loved both of 'em! Definitely new pants worthy.
    • Liked one more than the other. (specify)
    • This is gonna take a while to grow on me.
    • I ain't crapping in my pants for this. (i.e. Hated it)

One thing, thinking about it a bit more and comparing it to the full version of "Triangler", I will admit that I think I enjoy the song more as a full version than as an OP theme (of course, I like most of Yoko Kanno's OP themes in their full versions compared to the Intro short versions), but this might be one of the ones where I think it works better as a standalone full song than as an OP theme.

Still though, it works for me.

-Elektrix

The OST will be pretty good if the few songs we've heard are any indication... :D

I think they're seriously mixing the classic love triangle formula though... they've got enough characters for a love dodecahedron. :blink: My guess is there's going to be a lot of pairing off somewhere in the series.

The white haired character at the end I'd guess is either Zentran or Meltran from the ear shape.. same as another main character interestingly... The design of the purple plane is too similar to the VF-25 to be a complete enemy, but I would guess maybe a serious rival, or possibly someone from another group like SMS with their own fighter designs (the company making the VF-25 could make multiple models based on the same basic frame).

Then again... really crazy idea. Besides the white hair, that character looks an awful lot like Alto (same girlish figure too). Would be interesting if they're related, maybe brothers, or possibly old kabuki acquaintances.. the ears go against it, but maybe they're half brothers. :huh:

I think that they are over reaching in reaction to how long and empty M7 was. Which can mean many things from a coherent plot line and story to a slaughters-fest like Gundam 00 has become. There's enough good designs here to pull a 52 ep series and have plenty of story material.

As for the white haired person and Alto being kabuki's at one time.... well there's the yaoi fetish. Personally I hope that it's 25's AI, especially if M2 is officially part of the history.

Yeah, everyone thought it was out and didn't bother. Its up on Tokyo Toshokan now, as well. WTB Seeder.

I have Q-R's Deculture release, that is not the file. Still no seeder, but the peers are piling up fast.

It's great for me, I lost the deculture version during reformatting, the one that I backed up on DVD was corrupted.

Now I will eagerly await for this.

I wish this happened while I was in Europe, those Swedish hotels had mad internet connections. I'm sure with the great amount of seeders that usually accompany a fresh release, I'd download it in like, 5 minutes.

I have Q-R's Deculture release, that is not the file. Still no seeder, but the peers are piling up fast.

I'll just have to clear out all those peers with an Itano circus!

Some more thoughts on the episode.

Michele busts out some of his nampa moves backstage at the concert.

Michele: Um...Miss Sheryl

Girl: You got it wrong.

Michele: I am sorry. It's just that your figure is quite alluring from behind.

*bling* *bling* smile

theres one at veoh ...... macross frontier cross encounter 「クロース・エンカウンター」. cant view it. can someone else try?

Edited by Vegas Valkyrie

マクロスフロンティア 第01話 「クロース・エンカウンター」 (D-MBS x264 1280x720 AAC) [OPED付 正式版本]

Standard filename format. The part that says [OPED...] just says 'formal version", so yes, this is the proper file.

The format for most files coming off WinNY or Share is:

<series name><episode #> [name of episode] (source, encoding and screen resolution) [comments].<extension, avi, mp4, etc.>

Thank you tokusatsu downloads for teaching me that.

Is it the raw or fansubbed version that is up? Anybody have ANY idea?

Taksraven

The one on VEOH, under recently added link, looks like the real deal.

Edit: It is the real deal.

Edited by Heron

theres one at veoh ...... macross frontier cross encounter 「クロース・エンカウンター」. cant view it. can someone else try?

Works for me, although it looks awful :(

I don;t think we'll see any fansubs now... maybe in a week's time

Where's the seed???

Downloading now from anirena, just need roughly 3 hours, LOL. So, in 4 hours, I'll have a DVD of this, sweet!

(edit) correction, 1 hour

Edited by Jasonc