Macross Frontier Episode 1 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 1: "Close Encounter"  

132 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about the theme songs and theme animation for Frontier?

• Loved both of 'em! Definitely new pants worthy.
    • Liked one more than the other. (specify)
    • This is gonna take a while to grow on me.
    • I ain't crapping in my pants for this. (i.e. Hated it)

Welcome to the Macross Frontier Episode 1 Talkback Thread

Previous Episode thread(s):

Deculture Edition/25th Anniversary special

Guildlines:

• Macross Frontier episode file requests, file offers or any audio/video sharing links of any kind or format are not permitted anywhere on the forum beyond this post. This includes, but is not limited to BitTorrent files/links, YouTube, Veoh.com (formerly Stage6) or related video-sharing or video streaming site links, Rapidshare/Megaupload/etc. links, full audio soundtracks, etc.. We will provide download locations for you. Any user-post in violation of this rule will be deleted without notice. Repeated offenses may result in a ban. DISCUSSION ONLY. Send a PM to a mod if you have a file sharing link that is not listed and it will be added within 24 hours or send Boinger a PM with a link to the file to be added to iMacross.
  • This thread only covers the episodes listed in the subject. Do not post comments about another episode not covered by this thread. (i.e. References are OK, but do not post a critique about episode 1 when this thread covers episode 999).
  • This thread(s) is about current episodes only. Please reserve mecha talk to the Mecha Thread and news for the News Thread. Do not cross-post.
  • Please reserve all talk about future episode spoilers (i.e. rumors or magazine scans of future episodes) for the News thread. Previews for the next week's episode are excluded from this rule.
  • Do not ask when an episode will be aired or released (this includes fansubs).
  • Please use spoiler tags for the first 24-hours after an episode airs.
  • For summaries and screenshots, please check out Random Curiosity's Anime Blog (Please remember, no image linking from that blog. Text links only.) :)

Availability

• Raw: released
  • English sub: released
  • Chinese sub: released
  • Malaysia sub: released
  • French sub: released

Episode download links

General sites (Raws and subtitled, but mostly Raws)

Subtitled versions

Other

Just to claim first post rights.

New poll is up. Poll topics will normally be about the episode or something about the episode. But given the fact that many have seen episode 1, we'll jump to other aspects of the show.

Please remember to observe the guidelines.

New pics of EP01

Last Update: 080403, 1:23 JST

By Planet Eden,惑星伊甸

第01話:クロース エンカウンター(Cross Encounter),2008.04.03

1001.jpg

1002.jpg

1003.jpg

1004.jpg

1005.jpg

1006.jpg

1007.jpg

1008.jpg

1009.jpg

Edited by T-Sniper

...some folks at animesuki have already seen it:

Kind of different from Deculture edition

- OP and ED (ED is really short)

- New scenes with the characters

- New Song and some new music I think

- Animation improved in some areas and totally redone in an area or two (Concert is TOTALLY different now)

- Some scenes removed obviously

- The Eyecatch is OMG AWESOME

Overall Macross Frontier ep1 is waaaay better than the Deculture Edition. They removed scenes but also changed a bunch of stuff. Animation, pacing, CG, etc seem to have improved since they last aired it too. Can't wait for ep2

I'd wait at least a full week for a decent sub, though with it being so similar a sub of it will go quicker.

Well if that image of the Macross 25 is true then Kawamori might have done it's re-design as well! Since it's got the same-ish chest plate config.

Don't know if want.... :unsure:

But if it's true then just how much of the mechanical did he actually re-design!!

Edited by chrono

Thanks for all the pics T-Sniper. And btw, Welcome to Macross World! :)

DT

A good guess it was. It makes that it was a rough cut since the show wasn't officially released until April this year. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

UN Spacy

I just checked Veoh and YouTube. Nothing has shown up yet. We may actually see the RAW show up online soon so we can at least watch the show even without subtitles :)

So what was shown was it the release version of episode 1 and 2 or just episode 1?

Just episode 1. But most of us have seen episode 1 back in December so we know what will happen already (which is why I attached it to the episode 2 thread). We just get to see some lovely new animation and the themes this time around.

Macross Frontier's BATTLE MODE?!?!?!?!?!?

If so, it looks like they've resolved all of the beefs we had with Battle 7.

Looks like Macross-canon style arms and SDF-1 style booms over the shoulders... That's really exciting.

Also, apparently that purple VF was not a pre-production model, but appears in the show. My money's on it being a Vajra VF, piloted by that ghosty Brea Stern lady (who looks to have some interaction with Ozma)

I can has fansubz? Plz?

Also, apparently that purple VF was not a pre-production model, but appears in the show. My money's on it being a Vajra VF, piloted by that ghosty Brea Stern lady (who looks to have some interaction with Ozma)

I thought that was a guy?

I thought that was a guy?

Ehh, I'm getting a chick-vibe from the way the character is holding itself, and it looks like (s)he's doing a hair-flip. Ple s the costume seems low-cut, so I hope it's a girl. Really, though, we've had both in the past; but who did you prefer: Millia or Gabil?

Saw the episode on nicovideo.

Mods, you can delete the link if you want.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2885536

(this Japanese site needs a registration)

The purple VF may be the VF-24, since the transformation looked similar to the VF-25.

Anyway, the episode was a bit like Macross Plus: you just feel the scenes were made for the original music of the first cut. Also there seems to be a better introduction for characters in the DE, but I will wait for subtitles to see what is said in the new scenes.

FV

I think I might be downloading it now. But it might just be the decultured version and not labeled as such. I got two and half hours to go, and it keeps rising. :(

Chances are it's the Deculture edition. The actual episode aired only about 3 hours ago.

Yeah, that's the AniServ RAW. They list it as such on their site, but obviously the others aren't picking up on it.

Negative, Tokyo Toshokan has it already and I'm sure it is disseminating quite quickly by now...