Bandai 'chunky monkey' 1/55 re-reissues

Shaggydog

What sort of crap you put into your brain to be this ignorant? <_< What don't you bring up those yellowed Lego or SNES as some sort of race issue? :angry: :angry:

Here, try some education: http://www.vintagecomputing.com/index.php/archives/189

Hehe, I understand your frustration. :)

Regardless of what mountains have been moved in China since 1978 (including 600 million people lifted above the poverty line, or about the entire African continent), Western-based media continues to lean negative against all things China. Eh, what do you expect? Media about the U.S. outside the U.S. also tends to be uniformly negative, though no one's got a bad thing to say about Lichtenstein or Mauritius. I spend my time in the U.S. defending China, and my time in China defending the U.S.

Anyway, back on track...no yellowing on my 2001 Chunky Monkey reissues. My Yamato version 1 1/60 VF-1A Hikaru had some yellowing on the air intakes though.

Edited by emerson

• 2 weeks later...

There had been very slight yellowing on the chest plate of my reissued 1/55 VF-1S fastpack and on the head of 2001 DYRL Hikaru VF-1A. However we are not really noticeable. I have used 'Meguiar's' plastic cleaner/polish on the affected areas and I hope it helps even though there wasn't any immediate effect. Anyway, 'Meguiar's' plastic cleaner/polish is manned for motorcycle plastic that claims to remove light oxidation.

Anyone does good plastic cleaner/polish solution for recommendation?

• 5 weeks later...

For the same reason that they aren't selling Yamato Macross valkyrie anymore...but have pre-orders up for Yamato Macross valkyrie 1/48 VF-1 Armor.

It's a bit messy over there me thinks. :)

Pete

EDIT: Oh - and they are also selling the v.2 1/60 line it seems :) Well - good for them:)

Edited by VFTF1

pretty expensive though for the v2 1/60's at bbts. the 1/55 reissues are listed pretty cheap on bbts and valkyrie exchange but both can't get them. damn should have just ordered from hlj when they came out. shrink wrapped boxes, no customs tampering, and a little cheaper during early bird sale. hlj should have a sale for these like some of their yamato's.

pretty expensive though for the v2 1/60's at bbts. the 1/55 reissues are listed pretty cheap on bbts and valkyrie exchange but both can't get them. damn should have just ordered from hlj when they came out. shrink wrapped boxes, no customs tampering, and a little cheaper during early bird sale. hlj should have a sale for these like some of their yamato's.

I think the reason they have those listed is because toynami was suppose to import those over like what they did with the megahouse cyclones. What happened? Toynami happened.... <_<:lol:

where is the best online store to get the vf-1s, vf-1j, vf-1a super max, and vf-1a super hikaru reissues for the cheapest price and will ship them to the US?

I got mine right away from Treasure Island Sports, back months ago when Bandai first released them. Seems they have a direct link to Japan to obtain the stock. I got them immediately. Many other dealers seemed to have been reliant on Toynami and are still taking pre-orders. Those will be come re-funds. Toynami is not bringing any Bandai 1/55s to the U.S. It's not happening. It's been nearly a year since Toynami first made the announcement; time to move on. Word is there are no more 1/55s coming from Bandai anyway. It appears Bandai is 100% on Macross F now, particularly with the movie coming in a few months...

I'm worried about these toys. I really want to see more, I'd love to see the Super O, ELINT, and Strike. Never had a chance to own them as a child, and if these are reissued, I'll get my chance.

I have recently completed my collection on 1/55 vintage valkyries. Not all are in super mint condition, but it is something I wanted a lot as a kid. Had really spent a lot of money too.

1:55%20Takatoku%20Macross%20collection%204.JPG

1:55%20Bandai%20Vintage%20Macross%20collection%202.JPG

Vintage%20Macross%20Bandai%201:55%20VF-1A%20Hikaru%201.JPG

IToynami is not bringing any Bandai 1/55s to the U.S. It's not happening. It's been nearly a year since Toynami first made the announcement; time to move on. Word is there are no more 1/55s coming from Bandai anyway. It appears Bandai is 100% on Macross F now, particularly with the movie coming in a few months...

Hmm, well, Robotech.com on http://www.robotech.com/store/viewproductpreord.php?id=313 says, "Shipping this summer!" for what that's worth.

I have recently completed my collection on 1/55 vintage valkyries. Not all are in super mint condition, but it is something I wanted a lot as a kid. Had really spent a lot of money too.

Sweet collection, sir! You must be quite the proud robo-papa!

(Especially the Max & Milia! Wow!)

I'd love to see a reissue of the 1/55 VT-1 and VE-1 bt I think it was pretty obvious since last year that it just wasn't going to happen.

I'm guessing sales must have been pretty poor on the Japanese side.

While Bandai has the Macross Frontier market cornered, I think the majority of consumers have chosen to stick with Yamato 1/48 or 1/60 for their VF-1 fix.

I guess the sales figures to the die-hard Chunky fans is not enough to keep the 1/55 alive.

Bandai have tested the waters twice for the 1/55 in recent times. Unfortunately, I doubt they will try a third time.

Looks like the poor Chunky just doesn't sell well enough anymore. :(

Graham

Yeah, not unlike Encore G1 Transformers.

There are only so many nostalgic adults to go around :)

I would have happily bought the Chunky Munkies if I had the money to spare, but given the stark choice between relatively equally "expensive" Yamato and Chunkies... Chunky took a back seat - as in - I have none.

Still - it's good they did reissues - even limited - for those people who wanted one.

Pete

Apparently not...

I'd say it was probably more sales than licensing problems if I had to guess.

You can only redo something like the 'plain' 1/55s so many times before people get bored.

I think if they had done the Super O or the Elint people would have scooped them up a lot faster.

Pure speculation, of course.

I'd love to see a reissue of the 1/55 VT-1 and VE-1 bt I think it was pretty obvious since last year that it just wasn't going to happen.
They should have released that and the Strike Valk. Fans would have been on that like flies on shiets!

Well I`m through with 1/55, sold my last VF-1S (Roy) last year. Back in the 80s even with their excellent QC, I didn`t really like`em cuz the of lack of possibility and I`ve always as a kid prefered the model kits the 1/72 and 1/100 transformable or not. Yamato has won me over now for their 1/60 ver. 02

I guess the sales figures to the die-hard Chunky fans is not enough to keep the 1/55 alive.

Bandai have tested the waters twice for the 1/55 in recent times. Unfortunately, I doubt they will try a third time.

Looks like the poor Chunky just doesn't sell well enough anymore.

I think it's a case of the market once again being saturated with VF-1's. There are more now, then years back, not only do you still have 1/48's that can still be bought, but also new limited edition versions, the new 1/60 line doesn't seem like it will run out of steam anytime soon, and the 1/55 can still be had as well. On the American front, you have the 1/100's from Toynami. In the future, no one will be surprised if Tamashii makes a VF100's toy. That's in addition to the plamo rereleases that happen every few years.

I would have happily bought the Chunky Munkies if I had the money to spare, but given the stark choice between relatively equally "expensive" Yamato and Chunkies... Chunky took a back seat - as in - I have none.

Surprisingly enough, I don't have many of either one, but my mentality is the opposite. There will be enough Yamatos to go around for a while, in the future, they will be easier to obtain, since Yamato tends to reissue particular variants every now and then, depending on popularity. For example Roy's 1S shouldn't be too hard to find in the future, because production on the new 1/60's doesn't look like it will stop for a long time. I can't say the same for the 1/55's.

Yep, BW put the smack down on the Yamato effort (what was it? Sundown or something like that) and then put the smack down on the Bandai relationship. BW hates America (okay, maybe they just hate HG).

Actually, the way I see it is that deals could be worked out between all parties involved that would legitimize all of these transactions, it would just cost a little bit more money, and that there are so few potential buyers out there actually interested in this stuff that it wouldn't make the effort worthwhile.

Besides, anyone who's really into collecting Macross toys got their Origin of Valkyries from importers months ago.

(This daily dose of pessimism brought to you by Monsanto.)

As much as people hate it, BW shouldn't get a penny for a Valk sold in the US. HG should get that penny. If BW is doing things to prevent the 1/55s from being sold in the US (most likely in the form of a clause in their licensing agreement for the Japanese territory prohibiting the marketing of similar products outside of BW's scope) then it just doesn't seem right to me. That's not to say many things HG has done didn't seem right to me either. I think every Macross Plus and Macross Zero toy should be readily available anywhere... it makes no sense that HG has managed to shut that door. In the end, they're both screwing each other so there's little incentive to work out a happy arrangement... besides, BW has the lion's share of the stuff people want and the people who want it.