bill-c-pcode: 19087

bill-c-state: PA

bill-c-city: Chesterbrook

bill-c-ccode: US

bill-c-phone: +1.8772064254

bill-c-email: proxy436686@1and1-private-registration.com

% See http://registrar.1und1.info for information about 1&1 Internet AG

Looks like squatters to me

If they were squatters they wouldn't have uploaded a UN Spacy kite.

Looks like some chose to have their domain registrar hide their identity/address.

I think the kite is there so they can say it's a legit site if HG or BigWest or whoever tries to sue them for it. They've had the domain for 5 years and haven't done anything.

I think the kite is there so they can say it's a legit site if HG or BigWest or whoever tries to sue them for it. They've had the domain for 5 years and haven't done anything.

Your gaps in logic are astounding. Why would a domain squatter go to all that work for one domain name? Why would HG or Big West try and sue for a domain name that doesn't feature the name of one of their products?

Taking a step back into reality, the far more likely answer is that a fan bought the domain planning to do something with it (hence throwing up the UN Spacy kite) and then nothing did. That happens... private individuals buy domains because they're cheap and often do nothing with them, not everything is a huge conspiracy theory.

Your gaps in logic are astounding. Why would a domain squatter go to all that work for one domain name? Why would HG or Big West try and sue for a domain name that doesn't feature the name of one of their products?

Taking a step back into reality, the far more likely answer is that a fan bought the domain planning to do something with it (hence throwing up the UN Spacy kite) and then nothing did. That happens... private individuals buy domains because they're cheap and often do nothing with them, not everything is a huge conspiracy theory.

All that work? Yeah... go to any myriad hosting services, put in your CC and you're done. I don't know what you think is involved in registering a domain, especially from a company that will also host your site; not that much is involved which is why domain squatting was such an easy and quick way to make money.

"private individuals buy domains because they're cheap and often do nothing with them, not everything is a huge conspiracy theory."

Oh, but why would an individual go through "all that work" and then do nothing with it? My god, the do you get dizzy from running around that big circular track you call logic all day?

Domain squatting isn't some big conspiracy theory. It's a quick and easy way to gamble on making some quick money. It costs very little to register a domain and often times companies will just pay you off rather than bother taking you to court over it.

Edited by eugimon

Domain squatting isn't some big conspiracy theory. It's a quick and easy way to gamble on making some quick money. It costs very little to register a domain and often times companies will just pay you off rather than bother taking you to court over it.

I never said that domain squatting didn't exist, I just said that a domain squatter wouldn't go to all the work of putting a UN Spacy kite on a domain. Considering squatters probably deal with hundreds or thousands of domains, that kind of attention for one domain is incredibly unlikely. Next time I'll draw you a graph so you don't get confused by my responses.

I never said that domain squatting didn't exist, I just said that a domain squatter wouldn't go to all the work of putting a UN Spacy kite on a domain. Considering squatters probably deal with hundreds or thousands of domains, that kind of attention for one domain is incredibly unlikely. Next time I'll draw you a graph so you don't get confused by my responses.

Wow, last time I saw so many waffles I was at the local ihop.

And you don't need to go through the trouble, I've already found a graph of nearly every single one of your posts, both in logic and in content.

500px-Circle_-_black_simple.svg.png

Wow, last time I saw so many waffles I was at the local ihop.

Your lack of comprehension does not equal waffling on my part, it just means you have a hard time understanding written English.

Bravo for sticking with this for so long, though. Who knew someone could be so desperate to cling onto the defense of a remark made with no factual basis, oh wait, you've just gone back to your usual tactic of insulting people when you've been proven wrong.

Your lack of comprehension does not equal waffling on my part, it just means you have a hard time understanding written English.

Bravo for sticking with this for so long, though. Who knew someone could be so desperate to cling onto the defense of a remark made with no factual basis, oh wait, you've just gone back to your usual tactic of insulting people when you've been proven wrong.

funny, coming from the guy who's only contribution to the board has been following around one or two people making insulting posts.

You could have posted, "Nah, it's probably just some fan who hasn't had time to do what he wants (whatever)"

Instead you chose to write:

And now you're busting out the violin for being insulting. Hilarious, but then again, you are Mr. 500px-Circle_-_black_simple.svg.png

Been fun, next time Taksraven is too busy to play with you, just re-read this thread while you wait for your lithium to kick in.

Edited by eugimon

funny, coming from the guy who's only contribution to the board has been following around one or two people making insulting posts.

You could have posted, "Nah, it's probably just some fan who hasn't had time to do what he wants (whatever)"

Instead you chose to write:

So now you'll admit I was right, but that my tone in addressing you was unsatisfactory?

I didn't insult you, I just said you had problems with logic. Kind of like how you claimed my use of the word "Japanophile" was racist (hint: it isn't, http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/phile).

Also, please read up on what exactly "circular logic" is, because you clearly think it means something other than what it actually does: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circular_logic

Edited by yellowlightman

• 2 weeks later...