Do you know something about Macross Aiuchi Typing Valkyrie

rankalee

Do you know something about Macross Aiuchi Typing Valkyrie? How to play, general information, etc?

And what about Macross Typing Protoculture?

I have both demos. It looks really good, but I've no idea what I have to do. Obviously, I don't speak japanese at all. Instead of that, I'd like know it history, characters, whatever you know about it.

Thanks a lot, you guys. :wub:

• 3 weeks later...
Haven't played them, but I guess you just have to type stuff in a certain amount of time. If you don't know Japanese, they'd be challenging to say the least.

I actually own both typing games. There is actually a text file that you can modify to change the letters chosen for the typing game...that way you can enjoy the game with your own wordbank.

I actually own both typing games. There is actually a text file that you can modify to change the letters chosen for the typing game...that way you can enjoy the game with your own wordbank.

Thanks a lot, OptimusX. Do you have some kinda english patch or you just type in Japanese? If you have a patch, could you send me a private message or tell where I can get it. If you don't thanks anyway.

:p

Thanks a lot, OptimusX. Do you have some kinda english patch or you just type in Japanese? If you have a patch, could you send me a private message or tell where I can get it. If you don't thanks anyway.

:p

It's been quite a few years since I looked at the game.

I remember having to install some kind of japanese language support in order to get the game to run. When you install the game, you have to enter a serial number that is printed in the manual. It should be intuitive to find it.

As for the typing game itself...yes the game is setup to type in japanese text. However, there are basic text files in one of the game folders that you can manually edit. They serve as word banks for the game. You can replace all of the japanese text with english text of your own. If you are really patient, you can enter in tons of words...or you can just throw in random text of similar length to the japanese text that you are replacing.

The game is very similar to the USA game TYPING OF THE DEAD, which is a great typing game! It is an adaptation of the arcade shooter House of the Dead...except you type to kill your targets as opposed to shooting them with a gun. You can probably download the full game from an abandonware site or from a torrent if you look for it...it is no longer commercially available.

The Macross typing game works in a similar way...you fly through the stage and you have some sort of limited control of your fighter. I believe you can transform at will as well, but most of your flight path is fixed.

You'll see targets, and you destroy them by typing the word that appears next to them. Your gunpod and missiles will be firing with each keystroke, which each correct type is a "hit" and misses for incorrect strokes. I specifically remember swarms of missiles fired at me, with only a single letter marking each missile while I had to frantically type all those letters to shoot them down.

The game has some good appeal, but I wouldn't spend a lot of money on it. It's been years, so I don't remember any specifics, but you should have zero problem finding the text file that serve as the word banks. No patch is needed.

Although the interface and language is in japanese, you should have minimal problem navigating the game.

Awesome information.

I found the QUES folder full of txt files, but it is a a laborious job to change something manually.

Thanks a lot, anyway. It was very usefull.

I think when I was trying to make it playable I changed everything to just one letter, lol. I'm not 100% sure if every single line needs to stay in the wordbank for everything to work properly. Maybe the wordbank will work with only a handful of words.

Anyway...have fun experimenting!

Again, I highly recommend you check out "Typing of the Dead" if it seems this type of game appeals to you. It is the only arcade style typing game in the USA that I know of.

• 4 weeks later...