Bandai SD Variable VE-1

robokochan

Well I had some free time today so i decided to paint my VE-1 from Bandai. This is an SD variable that can transform into 3 modes. I have only one shot because it is not finished. I have to do some detail and add the stickers. Not to mention finish painting the parts. My air-brush is broken so it is half air-brushed and half hand painted.

Please be gentle.... :unsure:

Rob MN

Did I say it's not finished yet???

isamu,

i believe rob has one up for auction (kinda plugging :D ).... ganso vf-1s sd by bandai

i got seven scanned pix of the boxes. let me know if you want to see them..

ps:

how can i upload pix from my hd??

Edited by dyowelb

Rob,

Can you list all the paint colors you used? I also have this kind of model and I would like mine to look cool as yours.

thanks,

dyowelb

Sorry about the late reply.....

here are the paints I used.

1. Dark Sea Grey - Tamiya Color XF-54 - Overall Base Coat

2. Neutral Grey - Tamiya Color XF-53 - Highlights on the arms, body, and Dish

3. Flat Black - Tamiya Color XF-1 - On the thrusters

4. Orange Yellow - Hobby Color - H-24 - On the fast packs

5. Light Blue - Hobby Color - H-45 - On the Canopy

There were a total of 4 kits produced by bandai in this series.

1. VF-1S Struke Valkyrie

2. VF-1J Armored Valkyrie

3. VF-1A w/ Fast Packs (?)

4. VE-1

These were all released in 1990

Now Bandai also released older versions of these that were slightly different. (Like the one I had on auction) They are more difficult to find and they are from the GANSO line. The are made from "Toy-Like plastic and much more durable like a toy. Also they were not as Super Deformed as the newer versions. The Ganso line featured mainly Gundam and there were tons of variations made. They are super expensive here and almost impossible to find, unless you get lucky and find one cheap on Yahoo auctions.

You can get them from me....when I find them that is. For the past couple of months I have been selling them on ebay as soon as I find them. They ususally sell as soon as I list them. i should be getting some more over the next month. The only person I can think of that might have them is Blackaces (Noel). You could probably send him a PM and ask. Or keep watching my auctions. ;)

Rob MN

jonwayne,

i can trade you one for an ingram mg... :)

err.... thanks. but i would like to add it on to my collection not at the expense of my current models. seriously. i don't even know bandai made these sd macross kit. the MG ingram are easily available. i believe HLJ still have them. i can get them locally here in singapore as well.

Monkey-N. be sure to pop in a msg for us when u have it in stock. just hope u stock up enough.

Here it is transformed

as you can see I added those slotted discs for the eye. I think it looks much better. Only draw back is that I cannot attach the lower radar sensor to the head. but it looks better

post-3-1067615312_thumb.jpg

Edited by Solscud007

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!

Hehehe... This is my very first post in the Macrossworld forums! :)

A few months ago, I bought a SD Strike VF-1A from Blackaces through eBay. I aaaalways wanted to have a big-headed valkyrie! However, I must admit that I felt a little disappointed when I opened the box.

Bandai kits are sooo toy-ish... :huh:

So I did some scratch-build and... Voilà! :p . It does not transform, but I think it looks much more cooler than the original one.

Hope you like it!

post-3-1070309299_thumb.jpg

Hi!

A few months ago, I bought a SD Strike VF-1A from Blackaces through eBay. I aaaalways wanted to have a big-headed valkyrie! However, I must admit that I felt a little disappointed when I opened the box.

So I did some scratch-build and... Voilà! :p . It does not transform, but I think it looks much more cooler than the original one.

Hope you like it!

OMG!! That is freakin beautiful!! that's some mad skillz buddy! Can you paint mine like that? How much would you charge? oh and welcome to the boards! :p:D:lol:

Hi!

Hope you like it!

holy molly. u r making me jealous!

I must admit that I felt a little disappointed when I opened the box. Bandai kits are sooo toy-ish... :huh:

So I did some scratch-build and... Voila; :p . It does not transform, but I think it looks much more cooler than the original one.

that's a hell of a scratch building. That's a very nice model you built and painted there...

kudos to you man...