1/72 Zentradi Gnerl fighter?

captain america

Astounding work, Cap. Simply jaw-dropping. I truly wish I was able to buy one. You should approach someone about licensing the design from you for an injection kit version. Your parts layout seems well-suited to it.

(BTW: Please consider a re-issue of the Zentradi soldier kit at some point in the future!)

Oh, and there are 6 spots still unconfirmed for the Gnerl, so if you want one, now's the time to speak up.

OK, I'm in for one kit please. Can't fault those contours at all. Beautiful!

Cheers,

Martyn

Hi everyone.

I've been meaning to post an update for sometime, but between the casting and chasing my distributors, I couldn't seem to find time until now. Anyhoo, after what seemed like an endless trek to find the right lexan, I'm happy to say that the sheets finally arrived and I can now get the soldier's visors vac-formed <-- the one part missing which has held up shipping!

I should be done with the casting this week, so all those who confirmed their orders can just go ahead and send payment.

Instructions: I will need at least another 2 weeks for those.

In the meantime, please enjoy the view from my side:

20080525image0002ef8.jpg

20080525image0002ef8.92d061a4ee.jpg

kitchennv3.jpg

kitchennv3.35425cd9a7.jpg

There are actually several more kits done than are pictured; having trouble finding places to put them all :lol:

Hi everyone!

I'm sure you'll all be happy to hear that orders are now (finally) shipping, so it's literally a matter of days until the first kits are received.

Instructions: underway, and I'm hoping to have them uploaded sometime next week.

Lastly, barring any unforseen cancellations, the 1/72 Gnerl kits are officially sold out. Many thanks to all of you who made this project possible! ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Quick little update:

Instructions are half way done, and I should have them posted Friday. As I was doing these, I discovered a wonderful thing: the landing gear, despite my fears early on, is plenty strong and so you won't need to prop-up the backside to keep it from collapsing under its own weight. A small victory, but a victory nonetheless ^_^

A few pics while you wait...

post-632-1213150298_thumb.jpg

post-632-1213150322_thumb.jpg

Received my kit! Can't believe the size of this thing. The cockpit alone is bigger than a 1/60 VF-1!

Finish is great!What kind of resin is this made from? Appears to be very plastic like, more like poly urethane than the typical model resin I've seen from Japanese kits.

Great work John!

Update: Took the color box out of the brown box and the seams are falling apart. :p I think the kit is a little heavier than the box can handle but no worries. A little glue will fix that.

Edited by Neova

Received my kit! Can't believe the size of this thing. The cockpit alone is bigger than a 1/60 VF-1!

Finish is great!What kind of resin is this made from? Appears to be very plastic like, more like poly urethane than the typical model resin I've seen from Japanese kits.

Great work John!

Update: Took the color box out of the brown box and the seams are falling apart. :p I think the kit is a little heavier than the box can handle but no worries. A little glue will fix that.

Hi Anthony. Glad you like the beast!

The resin I use is Smooth On's SC-310. I tried a few different materials before sticking with that one; I love it and make almost all my castings with it. Yeah, some of the boxes were not perfectly glued from the supplier; happened with some other things I got from them as well-damn you Papermart!! :lol:

Got mine today. Nicely cast. I found only three very small bubbles. Three! The 'Zentraedi-looking' detail bits are REALLY 'Zentraedi-looking'. Parts breakdown is good and the mastering is almost flawless. I'm a terrible nitpicker but I'm struggling to find anything to criticise. Love it, thanks John!

BTW Neova, very few resin garage kits are made in anything other than polyurethane resin these days. There are different types and formulations of PU however. Avoid anything cast in polyester resin like the plague!

Cheers,

Martyn

I didn't know the Zentraedi had air fresheners (I'm sure they need them though) :lol:

Awesome work and awesome over-all execution as usual! If only I had the funds AND the room! - MT

I didn't know the Zentraedi had air fresheners (I'm sure they need them though) :lol:

Awesome work and awesome over-all execution as usual! If only I had the funds AND the room! - MT

LOL if you didnt have a certain boat you'd have loads of room :)

Picked mine up from the PO last week. This thing is awesome! It begs to be shown open with all kinds of interior detailing, but I also want to see it in-flight. Hopefully I can do it justice sometime in the not too distant future. :ph34r:

Thanks Captain!