Name the VF-25

Zinjo

On the theme of birds. I look at the nose of the VF-25 and I am reminded of the Kookaburra.

So maybe

VF-25 Kookaburra

Or part of the Kookaburra's larger bird group,

VF-25 Kingfisher

I think that they both sound nice.

Taksraven

post-7338-1205144753_thumb.jpg

VF-25 Matryoshka

Based on the russian Matryoshka doll which contains a doll within a doll within a doll etc

The smallest doll is the human body, with the EX gear being the next stage, with the valkyrie being the next stage, and finally the full armor the last.

I think of the machine as being layered like that. A person within a person within a person within a person. Each layer hiding something beneath it.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

VF-25 Matryoshka

Based on the russian Matryoshka doll which contains a doll within a doll within a doll etc

The smallest doll is the human body, with the EX gear being the next stage, with the valkyrie being the next stage, and finally the full armor the last.

I think of the machine as being layered like that. A person within a person within a person within a person. Each layer hiding something beneath it.

Actually, I can see the Japanese doing something like that. Not for a Valkyrie name in Macross, but they do like words like that. Like adopting "Mehve" for example. I could see a slight alteration in the spelling of "Matryoshka" used for the name of something in anime :)

Too lazy to look through the whole thread, but how about:

VF-25 Chimera

When I look at the 25, I see a lot of elements from the old birds: the variable geometry wings of the old VF-1; the shield from the VF-11's and 19's; the complex fuselage-folding of the SV-51; etc.

Much like the mythological creature, the 25 seems to be a deadly combo of the signature elements of the different Macross fighters from the past.

So, Chimera seems to be a pretty appropriate and fitting name.

EDIT: Okay, finally read the whole thread. Saw that 1/1 LowViz Lurker already posted the idea. My bad. :rolleyes:

Edited by Mog

I don't know if these have been suggested yet, but how about:

VF-25 Rapier

VF-25 Stiletto

VF-25 Scimitar

VF-25 Katana

VF-25 Claymore

Since the VF-9 already has the code name of Cutlass, a bladed weapon moniker would be appropriate from an already established Macross naming convention.

I like VF-25 Fenrir.

I've always been partial to Valhalla since my MiG-45 project. Fits with the Norse theme, but in the case of my MiG-45 it was supposed to also be a NATO reporting name (F-names for Fighters (Flanker, Fulcrum, Frogfoot), B-names for Bombers (Blackjack, Backfire, Bear), V-names for Variable Fighters, etc. etc.). So that's a suggestion.

Vostok 7

VF-25 Silverbolt

^

It would be funny if they finally decided that they should have an onboard AI on all valkyries from now on and when the pilot is injured, the AI takes over and the valkyrie becomes like a transformer. Put a custom face on it and call him "silverbolt" from the transformers. :D Maybe have a different one called "jetfire", and another called starscream. And like the tacikoma in ghost in the shell they can think for themselves and stuff. :D

The return of faces on valks!

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

VF-25 Silverbolt

^

It would be funny if they finally decided that they should have an onboard AI on all valkyries from now on and when the pilot is injured, the AI takes over and the valkyrie becomes like a transformer. Put a custom face on it and call him "silverbolt" from the transformers. :D Maybe have a different one called "jetfire", and another called starscream. And like the tacikoma in ghost in the shell they can think for themselves and stuff. :D

Oh geez. Mac7 was bad enough.

But hey, we could have more MAXL jokes!

Vostok 7

VF-25 Silverbolt

^

And, the lead character would have to contend with the fact that his aircraft is afraid of heights. (Silverbolt was acrophobic.)

Of all the names suggested so far i like Halcyon the most...sounds like something the japanese would go for. Sword names would be nice too..i like Durendal and kusanagi yet the japanese might find it too 'cliche'. Besides Ace Combat already used up most of those name.

I sure hope he doesnt name it Retaliator, Mirage, Phoenix or whatever currently exist.

Maybe we should do a poll of the most popular names from this thread and since we cant participate in the Japan only choosing of the name why not select a Unofficial English Fan Designation or Nickname. Unofficial nicknames of military or anime hardware isnt uncommon. IE the Star Mirage.