Future no more?

Chas

So I’ve heard a lot of rumor that SC Johnson, the company that produces “Future Floor Finish”, has decided to change the name of their product from "Future Floor Finish ®" to "Pledge ® with Future Shine". Word is the formula hasn't changed at all, so no real cause for concern. This change is only supposed to affect the US market, and I don’t know if by U.S. market they mean North America or if Canada is considered part of the U.S. market, But I see no evidence of this on SC Johnson’s U.S. or Canadian web sites. So can anyone actually confirm this rumor?

So I’ve heard a lot of rumor that SC Johnson, the company that produces “Future Floor Finish”, has decided to change the name of their product from "Future Floor Finish ®" to "Pledge ® with Future Shine". Word is the formula hasn't changed at all, so no real cause for concern. This change is only supposed to affect the US market, and I don’t know if by U.S. market they mean North America or if Canada is considered part of the U.S. market, But I see no evidence of this on SC Johnson’s U.S. or Canadian web sites. So can anyone actually confirm this rumor?

I can confirm the change in Missouri. For now I'm hanging onto my good old Future branded bottle for its canopy shining goodness. But like you say, seems to be same stuff. I liked the Future name better.

This could be the start of an international re-branding to give the product the same name where ever you buy it. Kinda like when the Snickers bar became the Snickers bar everywhere, as it had different names in different countries. Not sure why they went for Snickers though.